Open to Farmers Union members and their children. High school seniors, college students or nontraditional students seeking funding to attend a two or four-year accredited college or university or technical school for any area of study.
- Typed essay on the topic: Significance of rural values in America and on your life. Possible phone interview with finalists.
Award Criteria: Recipients will be selected based on academic records, social and community activities and typed essay describing personal and professional goals, and involvement with Farmers Union.
Amount: Several $1,500 scholarships will be awarded with money to be used for tuition and books.
Application Materials Needed:
- Completed application form. Applications can be completed either through Google forms or by printing out and mailing the pdf form. Please do not submit both an electronic and paper copy.
- A copy of your most recent complete academic school year’s transcript. These can be included in your application and does not need to be mailed separately by your school or university. If you are a college student, you can send an unofficial copy of your transcript that includes the current school year in addition to the previous. For example: A college freshman would submit a senior year high school transcript and can include an unofficial copy of the fall semester transcript as well. A college sophomore would only need to send a copy of their freshman year transcript.
- Letters of recommendation from a Farmers Union leader of your choice AND from a teacher or professor.
- Typed essay – three pages, 12-point Times New Roman font with one-inch margins.
Application Deadline: April 1 Recipients will be selected and announced by July 31.
Source: OSU ACEL Nutshell Newsletter March 17, 2021