Encourage your organization members to attend the virtual information session to learn more about JFB!
The Ohio State Fair Junior Fair Board is made up of our great state’s best and brightest young leaders, hand-picked to contribute to the success of the Ohio State Fair each year. These students come together for two weeks of hard work, building enduring friendships, and professional relationships along the way.
JFB virtual information session
- When: Wednesday, February 1 at 7 p.m.
- Location: Virtual via Microsoft Teams (click for link)
Meeting ID: 246 969 657 524
Details: Join us for a virtual information session where past Junior Fair Board members will share the ins and outs of the position and answer questions from participants!
A recording of the session will be available at ohiostatefair.com/jfb the following day.
What are the requirements for my organization members?
In addition to being an outstanding leader, prospective members should meet the following general criteria:
- 16 – 20 years old
- Currently a member of 4-H, FFA, Girl Scouts, Boy Scouts, or Farm Bureau
- Highly involved members in their organization
- Significant accomplishments within the organization (i.e. competition at the state and/or national level, leadership experiences, community service/volunteer experiences, etc.)
- Leadership experience with the potential and desire to continue to grow as a leader
- Very responsible, respectful and professional
- Members are only eligible to serve one two year term on the JFB representing one organization
What is the time commitment?
Junior Fair Board members commit approximately two weeks of time to the Ohio State Fair, arriving the Monday prior to the Fair’s Wednesday opening. First year Junior Fair Board members are paid a flat-rate stipend for their service; returning members will receive a higher stipend for their second year of service.
How do my organization members apply?
Member of 4-H, Boy Scouts, Farm Bureau, FFA, and Girl Scouts are eligible to apply. Interested students can also apply to serve as an at-large member if they represent one or more of these organizations. All interested applicants should submit the official Ohio State Fair Junior Fair Board application through the online application portal between January 1 and March 1.