Did you know there are only 9 counties that have more than 50 active 4-H clubs? Fairfield County is one of them!
Celebrate the 120th anniversary of 4-H by contributing to the Ohio 4-H Scholarship Challenge. Your gift will provide need-based support and empower deserving 4-H youth to attend Ohio State. Learn how you can make an impact.
Source: O-H-I-O Newsletter: May 10 (The Ohio State University Alumni Association)
Come support the Fairfield County 4-H Advisory Committee by shopping at the Lancaster Greenhouse and Nursery, April 29 – May 1!
Read on for More Details….
- In-Store Sales
- Distribute the coupon below to all family and friends. A whole page of coupons can be found here: Spring Flower Sale Coupons
- Group supporters will shop as a “normal customer” on the above dates listed. If we happen to have any current in-store sales and promotions taking place, they will be able to take advantage of those just like a typical customer.
- At time of checkout, customers will give a copy of the attached coupon to our cashier so we know they are associated with your group and 15% of their transaction will be donated back to your group (not the customer).
- Absolutely no coupons can be distributed at the store location
This is a fundraising event for the 4-H Advisory Committee. The 4-H Advisory Committee supports county 4-H programming for all youth members and adult volunteers including, but not limited to: Awards and banquets, trips and scholarships, printing costs, special programming costs, and more!
Please share this post with family members and friends!
2022 State 4-H Leadership Camp Staff Applications are now available!! Interested individuals can view a letter with more information at: https://ohio4h.org/camp/leadership-camp titled “2022 Potential Leadership Camp Counselor/Staff Information and Application”. A link to the application is included in the letter.
Please forward this information along to anyone who you think might be interested! Applications are due no later than March 25, 2022.
Here are some highlights about the opportunity:
- Individuals 18+ prior to June 1, 2022 who are good leaders, past counselors, or interested in helping may apply
- Must complete application, undergo selection, have current background check, attend training
- Applications due: March 25, 2022
- Interviews: Week of April 5th
- Staff Training Weekend (Camp Ohio): May 13-15, 2022 (this is mandatory for all applicants to attend)
Ohio 4-H Sea Camp returns for 2022 and we are in need of filling our roster of counselors and adult staff!
Applications Available for Sea Camp Staff and Counselors!
What: Ohio 4-H Sea Camp Staff and Counselor Recruitment
Who: 4-H members or adults ages 18+ at the time of July 15, 2022
When: Applications are available now and due by April 15! Camp is July 15-19, 2022 with staff and counselors arriving on July 14 at Kelleys Island for required training.
Applications available: Cabin Counselor, Adult Camp Staff, Guest Instructor
If you are interested in contributing to Sea Camp this year, please complete either the Counselor Application (to be a cabin counselor) or Staff Application (to be adult staff or instructor). Links are below.
If you are interested in being a counselor, please complete the counselor application and send the reference form link to be completed by two references (not immediate family). If you are interested in being a staff member/instructor, please complete the staff application. Applications and references are due by April 15, 2022.
Counselor Application: go.osu.edu/SeaCampCounselor
Counselor Reference Form: go.osu.edu/SeaCampRef
Staff Application: go.osu.edu/SeaCampStaff
Join Fairfield County 4-H as a new 4-H Volunteer!
Applications, background check AND References are due to the OSU Extension Office by February 1st. Application are available on the website under the Club Advisor Resources. New Volunteer Training will take place online through an online course system and must be completed by April 15th. Advisors are needed to support members across the entire county. There are a few clubs that need additional help so potential volunteers can ‘learn the ropes’ and not have the responsibility to take on the entire club or a new club.
Also, NEW Clubs are also welcome…if interested, we need to start having the conversation NOW so we can be sure all is in order before the start of the 2022 4-H year. Contact our office at 740-653-5419 to learn more!
The Fairfield County Junior Leaders are honored to recognize two former 4-H’ers who have been selected as outstanding 4-H Alumni. This award annually recognizes one male and one female former 4-H member (any county or state) for their outstanding contribution(s) to the 4-H program as adult volunteers. In addition to their own individual plaques, the outstanding 4-H Alumni will also have their names added to our 4-H Alumni Award Plaque which is on display in the lobby of the Fairfield County Extension Office.
Please submit this form: Outstanding Alumni 2022 by Dec. 1st to nominate a former 4-H member for this award along with a short reason why he or she should be recognized.
Please nominate one man and one woman who are 4-H Alumni. They can be from any state or county 4-H program. This award is not limited to just current advisors! This award annually recognizes one male and one female former 4-H member (any county or state) for their outstanding contribution(s) to the 4-H program as adult volunteers. Please submit a nomination form for a former 4-H member for this award and include a short description on why they should be recognized.
Help the Fairfield County Junior Fair Board raise money while shopping at no additional cost to you!
1. Start at Kroger.com
2. Sign in with your current Kroger account or create a new one. Note: You must have a registered Kroger Rewards card in order to participate in the Community Rewards program
3. Click the Community Rewards tab and search for “Fairfield Co 4H Advisory Committee”, then click Enroll
4. Once you select your charity, it will be saved and you will support 4-H each time you shop!
5. The 4-H Advisory Committee will allocate these funds to the JFB upon receipt
Help the Fairfield County 4-H Advisory Committee raise money for the 4-H Program while shopping at no additional cost to you!
1. Start at Smile.Amazon.com
2. Sign in with your current Amazon account or create a new one
3. Search for “Fairfield County OH 4-H Advisory Committee” as the charitable organization you want to support under choose a charity (located under the search bar)
4. Shop Amazon as you normally would and 0.5% of your eligible purchase is donated to the county 4-H program!
5. Once you select your charity, it will be saved so just start at smile.amazon.com each time you shop!
Fight the Hunger, Stock the Trailer Campaign comes to the Fairfield County Fair
All Fairgoers are invited to participate in our Fight the Hunger, Stock the Trailer campaign by bringing non-perishable food items to the Fairfield County Fair. There will be collection boxes at all fair entrance gates for individuals to leave donations. All food collected during fair week will go to local food pantries to support local families and individuals who may be in need. The Fairfield County Junior Fair has set a goal of 10,000 pounds of non-perishable food items to be collected that can help our community. This campaign is in partnership with the Farm Credit Mid-America. Our Junior Fair is competing against other fairs in the region; the Junior Fair that collects the most food, wins a prize.
The Fairfield County Junior Leaders are challenging All 4-H Clubs, FFA Chapters & Scout Troops to participate and bring non-perishable food items to the fair. The Top 5 groups who donate the most food by weight will receive cash prizes for their end of year celebrations. Items for group donations can be brought directly to the livestock trailer housed in the north wing of the round cattle barn, or the grain cart in the Ed Sands Building during the fair. There will be daily weigh ins for groups to get credit. All groups are welcome to start collecting now, and turn in items once the fair opens!!