Carving New Ideas is an overnight camping opportunity for youth in grades 8-12 featuring educational workshops, recreation sessions, and leadership development. Hosted by the OSU Collegiate 4-H Club, CNI will take place October 29-31 at 4-H Camp Ohio (11461 Camp Ohio Road, St. Louisville OH). Check-In is Friday, October 29th from 6:30 – 8:00 p.m. and Check-Out is Sunday, October 31st at 10:00 a.m.
The total camp fee is $75. However, the Bertha Wilson Camp Scholarship will cover $50 of this fee and you will only be responsible for $25!
Although you will see the deadline to register is October 6th on the attached flyer, I will need to know who will be attending from Fairfield County utilizing this camp scholarship and assist you with the payment process. Please see attached letter and acceptance/decline form with additional information.
Steps to proceed if you’d like to attend:
- Contact Leslie Cooksey at email@example.com to let her know you want to attend! She will email an invitation letter with acceptance form for this trip opportunity.
- If accepting, your signed acceptance form, thank you note and $25 payment should be brought to the Extension Office at your earliest convenience. Preferably, by October 5th. If you can’t make it by that date, just let me know “it’s coming”… I know it’s a busy time with school and fair fast approaching.
- If accepting, you must complete the online registration form by October 6tH: http://go.osu.edu/cni (please forward me a copy of your email confirmation if you receive one).
- Select “pay by check” during registration. I will take care of payment in one effort from Fairfield County.
We hope that many of you take advantage of this in-person teen opportunity. Please reach out if you have any questions!
In Summer 2022, Fairfield County 4-H will have FOUR summer camp options for youth. Youth will sign up for camp based on the grade of school they have just completed. This will be the same grade you enter when you sign up for 4-H next spring. We hope you are as excited as we are, so save the date and join us at Alley Park or Tar Hollow next summer!
September 4-6, 2021 Labor Day Weekend Family Camp at 4-H Camp Ohio—Family Camp at 4-H Camp Ohio is a laid-back weekend to enjoy with your family and meet new people. There will be activities the whole family can enjoy doing together. If you feel like relaxing for the weekend, that’s fine too! If you have questions, please contact Haley Lake at firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline to register is Aug. 20.
We are excited to offer 4-H camp t-shirts from 2019, 2020, and 2021 for sale to our 4-H families. These shirts include: Come on Down to Tar Hollow (Blue Tie Dye from 2019), Quarantined in Space (Blue from 2020), Shipwrecked (Purple or Blue from 2021), and I love Camp Here – Alley Park (Orange from 2021). Shirts are either $10 or $15 depending on the camp year.
If you would like to purchase an additional camp shirt, please visit: go.osu.edu/4HCampShirts to reserve yours!
- Carefully select your shirt design and size and pay your total by either cash or check, payable to OSU Extension.
- T-Shirts may be picked up and paid for at PICK UP at Junior Camp at Alley Park on: Wednesday, or Thursday (6/30 – 7/1). You may also make arrangements to pick up at the OSU Extension Office during normal business hours.
- When you sign up to “reserve” your shirt(s), please specify in the comments section if you will pick up your shirt order at PICK UP 4-H Junior Camp or if you will pick it up at the Extension Office.
- NO REFUNDS OR EXCHANGES. ALL SALES ARE FINAL.
The deadline for pickup AND payment at the OSU Extension Office is Friday, 7/19/2021. If you have any questions, please call our office at 740-653-5419.
Thank you for supporting Fairfield County 4-H Camping Program. All shirt sales benefit the Fairfield County 4-H Camp Fund and future camps at Tar Hollow and Alley Park.
Photos from Cloverbud, Intermediate, and Junior Camps are in the process of being posted on our Ohio State – Fairfield County 4-H Facebook Page. Click here to access our photo albums!
2022 camp dates have yet to be determined and we hope to know these by mid-September!
Teens interested in serving as camp counselors in 2022 should be on the outlook for an application which will be due in early January 2022.
I love camp here, I love camp there, I love everywhere!
Thank you to all campers, camp counselors, and adult staff for an AMAZING Cloverbud Camp! It was WARM, SUNNY, and AWESOME to be in-person doing our thing! How blessed are we to have this amazing facility right here in Lancaster! A huge thanks to our friends at Alley Park. Photos from 4-H Cloverbud Camp are now posted on the Ohio State – Fairfield County 4-H Facebook Page!
Next up… Intermediate Camp starts next week!
After talking to staff, volunteers, and returning camp families, the planning committee of the Ohio 4-H Special Needs Camp made the decision to plan a virtual/camp in a box hybrid event this year. We will be mailing items and planning to have several Zoom meetings to interact, learn, and do some fun activities together during the weekend of July 9-11, 2021.
Fairfield County youth interested in participating in this virtual camp should contact Aubry Fowler (email@example.com) to learn more about the Bertha Wilson Camp Scholarship Program which will help offset registration costs for this camp.
Registration packet can be found here – https://4hcanterscave.osu.edu/home/experience-it/special-needs-camp.
If you have any questions, please contact Michelle Stumbo firstname.lastname@example.org or Kathy Bruynis Bruynis.email@example.com.
Are you interested in being a Counselor-in-Training (CIT) for Camp Canopy?
We LOVE to have past campers come back to camp as a counselor or CIT (counselor-in-training). This can gain you valuable leadership experience and training in environmental education (aaaaand it gives you an excuse to come back to camp once again).
Those interested in becoming a camp counselor or CIT may apply here (takes them to the FFA job application). Please send all applications directly to FFA Camp Muskingum at the address below. Also, please be aware that the CIT position is an unpaid training position.
FFA Camp Muskingum.
3266 Dyewood Rd SW
Carrollton, Ohio 44615
Camp Registration is NOW OPEN!
Don’t miss out on your opportunity to attend 4-H Camp this summer! Intermediate camp is 75% full, Junior camp is 60% full, and Cloverbud camp is 70% full…. since there are limited spots this year make sure you get your registration in today!
- Cloverbud Day Camp (Ages 5-8, Cloverbud Members) – June 5
- Theme: I love camp here, I love camp there, I love camp everywhere!
- Intermediate Camp (Ages 11-14) – June 15-17
- Junior Camp (Ages 8-10) – June 29-July 1
What will we do at Camp?
Our camp counselors are hard at working making sure we’re able to bring our Tar Hollow traditions home to camp this summer. Activities will include archery, canoeing, crafts, games, songs, campfire, tie dye, and more! Campers can even request up to 7 friends this year to make their own groups for camp.
- Registrations will be done online, and are on a first-come-first-serve basis starting on May 3, 2021. Families will have the option to join a waitlist if all spots fill up for the camp they want to attend.
- Registration can be found here: go.osu.edu/2021FCCampApp
- Payment by credit card will be available this year. If you will be paying by check or cash, please select appropriate payment type in the registration process and send or drop off your payment (check or cash) to the OSUE office (OSU Extension, 831 College Ave., Suite D, Lancaster, OH 43130). Registration will be complete upon receipt of application and payment. Make checks payable to: OSU EXTENSION. There will be a $30.00 charge for all returned checks.
- Bertha Wilson Trust will provide a 50% campership again this year if registered by June 1stMembers will only have to pay $40 for Intermediate or Junior, and $20 for Cloverbud
- Once registration is complete, additional information will be provided including what to bring, necessary forms, and a map to camp.