New for 2022, we’ll be consolidating our judging days from 4 down to 3 days. The judging schedule will be as follows and project judging will take place at the Ed Sands Building at the Fairgrounds.
Tuesday, July, 12, 2022
- Food and Nutrition Projects
- Creative Arts Projects (including SD quilting, SD Creative Arts)
- Family & Consumer Sciences Miscellaneous Projects
Wednesday, July, 13, 2022
- Environmental Sciences
- Self Determined (General, Natural Resources, Workforce Prep)
Thursday, July 14, 2022
- Clothing/Sewing Projects
- Style Revue to take place that evening at 7:00 p.m. (location TBD)
We need to make sure our sponsors receive thanks and appreciation for supporting Fairfield County’s youth. This would include receiving the Bertha Wilson Camp Scholarship, receiving awards at Summerfest, as well as receiving awards at the Fairfield County Junior Fair.
Please make sure if you are receiving awards (or have received awards already this year), to write a thank you note to your sponsor for these awards. Several people took lots of time making sure there was an address label for your particular sponsor on the back of rosettes/ribbons and attached to trophies.
Please note that we often lose sponsors because they do not receive a note of appreciation and thanks from our youth members receiving the awards that they have sponsored. If a member is not sure of their sponsor for an award received at Summerfest or the Fair, please contact the Extension Office and we will help you get the information you need.
We also strongly encourage youth to share information about their project, award(s) received, and perhaps a picture! Sponsors really enjoy reading this information.
If you completed a project during summer judging and have the project exhibited at the fair, you are eligible to receive the premium award based on the grade you received. Stop by the little red building east of the Junior Fair Office (on top of the hill) and pick up your premium. For those of you that are showing this week at the fair, you can get your premium the day AFTER your show. The ladies working in the premium office need your grade before they can give you your premium, and we need until the following morning to get them copies of your grades.
We need to make sure our sponsors receive thanks and appreciation for supporting Fairfield County’s youth! Summerfest award winners can write thank you notes to those donors who were included on their registration cards at check-in. We encourage youth to include information about their project, award received, etc. as the sponsors enjoy reading this information! Sponsors also love pictures if members have any of their project they would like to share!
The non-livestock results from the 2021 Ohio State Fair are posted online. Click here to see a complete list.
- Staying Healthy, Jr. – Ashlyn Priebe, Clock Trophy Winner
- Medicine Science & Safety – Isabella Byrd, Outstanding of the Day
- Self Determined Quilting, Sr. – Elizabeth Swinehart, Outstanding of the Day
- Get Started in Art, Jr. – Samantha Flynn, Outstanding of the Day
- Scrapbooking, Jr. – Ashlynn Smith, Outstanding of the Day
- One on One 4-H Mentorship – Katelynn Lykins, Outstanding of the Day
- Club Leadership – Kyle Buchwalter, Clock Trophy Winner
- Teens on Board – Logan Hampton, Outstanding of the Day
- From Airedales to Zebras (Vet Science 1) – Kate Johnson, Outstanding of the Day
- All Systems Go! – Henry Hoisington, Outstanding of the Day
- Creative Costumes – Sofia Gugliemotto, Outstanding of the Day
- Sew for Others, Jr. – Bailey Shy, Outstanding of the Day
- Sew for Others, Sr. – Julia Luallen, Outstanding of the Day
- Sew Fun, Jr. – Eve Fish, Outstanding of the Day
- Sew Fun, Sr. – Elizabeth Billingsley, Outstanding of the Day
- Clothing for Your Career – Gabriella Schumacher, Outstanding of the Day and Wool Award Winner
- Loungewear, Jr. – Rachel Sponseller, Outstanding of the Day
- em*bel*ish – Sofia Gugliemotto, Outstanding of the Day
- Designed by Me – Mya Michelsen, Outstanding of the Day
Food & Nutrition
- Yeast Breads on the Rise – Elizabeth Rippl, Outstanding of the Day
- You’re the Chef – Gabriella Schumacher, Clock Trophy Winner
- Global Gourmet – Julia Ribo, Clock Trophy Winner
- Racing the Clock to Awesome Meals, Sr. – Faith Witte, Outstanding of the Day
- Party Planner, Jr. – Cienna Lodge, Outstanding of the Day
- Let’s Start Cooking, Sr – Isabella Byrd, Clock Trophy Winner
- Beekeeping, Jr. – Sophia Preston, Outstanding of the Day
- Beekeeping, Sr. – Samantha Bader, Outstanding of the Day
- Exploring Polar Science – Alison Sponseller, Clock Trophy Winner
- Geology: Can You Dig It? – Tess Johnson, Outstanding of the Day
- Self Determined, Natural Resources – Charlotte Werner, Clock Trophy Winner
Natural Resources – Shooting Sports
- Rifle, Jr. – Madison Menke, Outstanding of the Day
- Archery, Jr. – Alayna Leppert, Clock Trophy Winner
Youth who received 1st, 2nd, 3rd, Outstanding or Honorable Mention with their summer judged 4-H Projects will be honored on Saturday August 21, 2021. This year we will be holding our recognition in the Ed Sands/Fairfield County Farm Bureau Building, starting at 7 pm. Youth should have received their post card invitation within the last week.
We look forward to recognizing all our wonderful youth!
Our annual Summerfest Awards Program will be held Saturday August 21, 2021 at the Ed Sands/Farm Bureau Building at the Fairfield County Fairgrounds. Members who completed their summer projects and received a 1st-3rd place, Honorable Mention or Outstanding will be mailed postcard invitations to the event soon. The event will begin at 7 p.m. We look forward to seeing you help us celebrate the great work done with summer projects. This event is open to the public.
We strongly encourage completion of 4-H projects. Although members may have not completed or had a chance to participate in judging last week, we would like to invite them to sign up for late judging. Late judging (for grade only) will be held on Tuesday, July 27, 2021 at the Extension Office by appointment between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. You must call the Extension Office at 740-653-5419 to schedule an interview time.