The Junior Leaders are starting a new community service for 2021 and need your help collecting plastic caps to turn into benches. Work within your club to collect clean plastic bottle caps and lids. Store them during our “off” time in bags – inside a box as they can get heavy. The club who collects the most caps by weight will receive a personalized plaque for a bench. If your club would like to fundraise to purchase a bench for your club, contact Aubry (Fowler.firstname.lastname@example.org) for more details about this optional opportunity.
Please take a minute and share this Tips for Teen video “Demonstration and Public Speaking Techniques”, provided by Seneca County 4H Teen Leaders. The video provides steps to take to properly prepare and give a demonstration. The techniques shared will help guide you successfully through any public speaking event or demonstration.
Help us recognize your advisors for all their hard work this year!! Read on for more details – You should have received this email to your Family 4-H email on Friday, Oct. 30th too!
The Junior Leaders are working on a surprise for our Advisors, and we need your help! Each fall, we have an Advisor Banquet where we recognize the Advisors from every club. This year, due to COVID-19, we are going to have a drive-thru event and would like to play a video of ‘Shout Outs’ for our Advisors.
Here’s how you can help:
- Record a short video giving your advisors a Shout Out
- What to include in your video:
- Your Name
- Your Club
- Your Advisor Name (or All the Advisors of your club)
- This could include a reason why you think they’re the best, A Thank You for all their hard work, or a favorite memory from this past year
- Please remember to make sure your background and attire is 4-H appropriate. 😊
- What to include in your video:
- Upload your video to this FlipGrid Channel: https://flipgrid.com/d1c71b17
- If you aren’t comfortable with FlipGrid, record a horizontal video on your phone and upload it to the Member Mailbox at go.osu.edu/memmailbox
- Not comfortable talking on camera? Make a poster or sign for your advisor and we’ll share that too!
- We would like to highlight every club and Advisor, so you may need to talk with your fellow club members to make sure everyone gets a shoutout.
- All videos need to be uploaded by Friday, November 13, 2020!
- Be Creative & Have Fun!
If you have any questions, please contact Aubry (Fowler.email@example.com) or by phone: 740-277-4626. Thank you for your help and making our Advisors feel special!
On November 14, 2020, Teen Leadership Council will be hosting their second Achievement Form Workshop on Zoom from 5:30-7:30 p.m.!
This second workshop is specifically for those teens who have already started/previously completed their Achievement Record Form and would like feedback. Teens who RSVP will receive individualized coaching from individuals who are experienced and have had success in submitting their Achievement Record at the state level.
Those interested in attending should RSVP at go.osu.edu/AchForm2020
Additionally, if you would still like the recording/materials from the first workshop that was held the first week of October, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Are you a Treasurer or Secretary for your 4-H Club? Make sure to turn in your officer book to the Extension Office (831 College Ave, Suite D, Lancaster). Records should be completed through October 31st, 2020. Given the deadline falls on the weekend and our office is only open on limited days and times, please call 740-653-5419 to arrange a time for dropping off your book. Books must be received by 4:00 p.m. on Thursday, November 5th.
Want more information? Check out your 4-H Member Handbook (p. 14) or ask your advisor!
Showmanship Sign-ups – these will also be completed online this year. There is a deadline to sign-up that is different for specie. If an exhibitor misses their deadline, have them talk to the specie superintendent to see if they can be added late. We have a cutoff time prior to their show day so that we can pull the report, sort by age, and get this to the superintendent as soon as possible to prepare for their show. The direct link for signing up for showmanship is: http://go.osu.edu/fc2020showmanship
Daily 4-H and Junior Fair updates from 4-H Educators, Leslie Cooksey and Aubry Fowler as we approach the fair for the week of October 4th. The videos from last week can be reviewed by clicking on this link.
October 4th update includes:
- MQP Lambs
- Poultry Barn Setup
- Swine Showmanship Time Change
October 5th update includes:
- Poultry and Other Livestock Sale Clarifications
October 6th (first video) update includes:
- Hog Pet Setup in the L barn
October 6th (second video) update includes:
- School Letters
- Outstanding 4-Her Recognition
October 7th (first video) update includes:
- Super Showmanship Contest
- Livestock Judging Contest
- No Premier Exhibitor for Meat/Market Goats
October 7th (second video) update includes:
- Round Cattle Barn Setup for the Alpaca and Dairy Cattle Show Committees
October 8th (first video) update includes:
- 4-H crops and gardening drop off on Saturday
- FFA still project judging
- Cakes/Pies/Candies Judging
October 8th (second video) update includes:
- Health and Safety Guidelines
October 10th update includes:
- Agenda for Sunday – note that the correct location for the dairy feeder weigh-in is the Round Cattle Barn (not the AAA Building as Leslie accidentally stated in the video)!
2020 Junior Fair Updates by specie have been organized and posted by specie on the OSU Extension/4-H website. Please note that this information is current as of 10/8/2020 and is subject to change. Updated documents will be reposted to this site with the updated date noted next to the specie should that need to happen. http://go.osu.edu/2020fairinfo
Items that have been updated since they were originally posted on 9/23/2020:
- Map of parking area
- Modified Junior Fair Schedule (updated 10/6/2020)
- Beef Cattle (updated 9/25/2020)
- Rabbits (updated 10/7/2020)
Please take the time to read all updates as it pertains to your family and Junior Fair participation this year. Please review the 2020 General Rules and Modified Junior Fair Schedule listed at the top of this page. Additionally, since no updated rule book was printed for 2020, it is important to read the 2019 Junior Fair Book rules as well for your respective specie. All of this information is listed on this page of the website.
Please reach out if you have any questions at all!
Here is a screenshot of our OSU Extension/4-H website where the updates are posted. Below the 2020 updates, you will find links to the 2019 Junior Fair Rule Book.
All of the details regarding the live streaming of the Fairfield County Junior Fair Livestock shows is here. There will be 2 live streams: One from the Ed Sands/Farm Bureau Show Arena and one from the Feeder Creek Show Arena. Please note: all shows in the Round Dairy Barn and the Horse arena will be recorded in their entirety and be ready for viewing following the completion of the live stream in the Feeder Creek Show Arena. Thumb drives will be available for purchase for each of the daily show activities. Contact the Senior Fair Board office to pre-order at 740-653-3041.