Student Beekeeping Scholarship Opportunity sponsored by the Fairfield County Beekeepers Association.
Fairfield County Beekeepers Association( FCBA) will award 2 or more beekeeping scholarships for 2023, to FFA student members, 4-H participants, or Ag. class students; ages 12 – 19. Students who apply should demonstrate a strong interest in becoming a beekeeper and have a strong work ethic.
The scholarship winners will receive:
- A beginning beekeeping training class and text book, (Classes, bee yard, and club meetings are at St. Marks Church, Lancaster
- Hands-on training in our bee yard
- Monthly “Virtual Mentoring” on the 1st Sat., from 8:30-12:00
- An experienced beekeeper mentor
- Monthly educational bee club meetings
- A loaned, “work to own ” Beekeeping Kit and the opportunity to earn the following , by carrying out the task requirements for the program:
- woodenware for 2 full beehives
- a bee jacket with veil
- bee tools
- two colonies of bees.
- They will also receive a 1- year membership in the Ohio State Beekeepers Association, and a one year membership in FCBA.
If all tasks of the program are carried out successfully by the recipient; ownership of the 2 hives, colonies and all equipment will be awarded to that recipient in January of 2024.
Interested applicants should read through the scope of the program and understand the work and learning requirements of being a beekeeper, before deciding to apply. Parent permission and support is also required.
- Applications are due to the club by Friday, January 14, 2023 if emailed.
- If using US mail, applications should be mailed by Tuesday, January 11, 2023.
- Awards will be announced during the week of February 7, 2023, by email and phone call.
- The recipients chosen will need to be available to take the all-day Beginner Beekeeping class on Saturday, February 11 or February 18, 2023.
Applications can be found at fairfieldcountybeekeepers.org under the tab > Bee School Scholarship. Information is also attached to this email, if you would like to provide copies to your students. There is also a poster provided.
Please pass this information on to your students as soon as you can!
Thanks for hanging in there to teach our youth during these crazy times!
Retired elementary educator of 36 years, and
President, Fairfield County Beekeepers Association
614-975-6139 (for your use only)
firstname.lastname@example.org (for questions from you, parents or students)