Livestock Judging Contest: Sunday, October 10, 9 a.m., East side of the Swine Barn
Contest to follow beginning at 9:30 a.m., at the Swine Barn
Superintendent: James Maynard
Assistant Superintendent: Hayley Maynard
Please sign up for the contest using this link
READ THE GENERAL RULES AND HEALTH REGULATIONS
The contest will be conducted in two divisions: Senior (ages 14-18), Junior (ages 8-13).
- All ages are as of January 1st of the current year.
- Rules and conditions apply to both divisions.
- When available, one class from each of the following will be used: Market Hogs, Breeding Gilts, Market Lambs, Breeding Ewes, Market Goats, Breeding Goats, and Market Beef Steers and Breeding Beef Heifers.
- Livestock entered in the Junior Fair and/or Open classes and housed at the fair are subject to be used for the Livestock Judging Contest.
- Committee members have the right to bring in outside livestock to fill classes, if not enough animals are made available from FFA and 4-H members on Sunday of the fair. Animals brought to the fairgrounds must be checked by a veterinarian before setting foot on the fairgrounds.
- For each species there will be at least one placing class and one questions class.
- The scores will be computed by the committee in charge and displayed.
- For Junior Fair Premier Exhibitor purposes, all participants will be grouped into one group per species (regardless of age) and ranked.
- Tiebreakers for Livestock Judging Contest Awards shall be (in order):
a) The highest total score for all questions and answers.
b) Most consistency of class scores – narrowest spread from high to low score.
c) Highest score on one set of oral reasons given on a class of the participant’s choice, given to Contest Superintendent(s).