POSITION OPEN: FAIRFIELD COUNTY JUNIOR FAIR MEAT/MARKET GOAT SUPERINTENDENT(s)
This is a VOLUNTEER POSITION.
If you are interested in an opportunity to develop leadership and organizational skills and be an active participant in planning the Fairfield County Junior Fair, we would encourage you to apply for the position of Junior Fair Meat/Market Goat Superintendent. We are looking for individual interested in working with the Senior & Junior Fair Board and staff to provide the following duties:
- Operate the Junior Fair Meat/Market Goat Show during the Fairfield County Fair
- In December, review the rules for the Junior Fair Meat/Market Goat Show and assist in updating rules to meet current industry standards.
- In January, work with Junior Fair Director to develop tagging plan.
- Work with schedule and operation of the July Tag in for goats.
- Provide input to the Skillathon event as needed.
- Develop a communication instrument with exhibitors through email through out the year on upcoming events related to the meat/market goat show. Database will be provided.
- Assign and schedule pen assignments for goat exhibitors.
- Plan and conduct with your committee the meat/market goat show at the fair.
- Coordinate meat/market goat showmanship.
- Complete all required documents regarding meat/market goat show results and champions.
- Work with sponsors and their commitment to award sponsorship.
- Seek with assistance new award sponsors for new award areas.
- Work closely with Junior Fair Director, Fair Manager, and 4-H & FFA leadership.
- Follow up in early September non-sponsored awards and assist in finding sponsors.
- Excellent communication and organization skills.
- Timely follow up on calls, emails, or problems.
- Ability to work alongside volunteers, Junior Fair Board Members, parents, and exhibitors of all ages.
- Computer skills utilizing spreadsheets and word processing skills.
- An outgoing personality that will be the spokesperson for the Junior Fair Meat/Market Goat Program.
- Work in a cooperatively with the Senior Fair Board, Junior Fair Superintendents, OSU Extension Staff, and 4-H & FFA leadership.
Applicants should send a resume with cover letter to Doug Shell, Junior Fair Director at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, February 3rd 2023.
All applications will be reviewed by a committee and selected applicants will be interviewed.