Ohio 4-H will be hosting a statewide virtual 4-H Club Officer Training on April 6, 2022 from 7-8:30 pm. A list of officers for the breakout sessions is on the flyer and in the registration link. An "other" option is included on the registration link for those officer positions that are are listed in the box. Date: April 6, 2022 Registration Link: https://go.osu.edu/officer Registration Deadline: March 30, 2022
- Participants will receive a zoom link once registration is complete. Another reminder will be sent approximately 2 days before program.
- We are tracking county and demographics of participants
Congratulations!The Fairfield County 4-H Treasurer’s Book Annual Contest is proudly sponsored and funded each year by the Friendly Bremen Banking Center. Thank you, Jodi Motta and Vinton County Bank, for their support and organization of this contest. The role of the club treasurer is to handle all money matters of the club and maintain accurate financial records. When the Treasurer’s Book is complete, it should document the activities by its members for one year. It becomes a historical document to that accurately records the club's income and expenses, and shows that the club is in good financial standing. All treasurers are eligible and encouraged to submit a book each year. There is a monetary award that goes to the winners and they go directly to that individual. The 4-H Treasurer Book Rubric was used to evaluate each treasurer’s book that was submitted in the contest. Employees of the bank will review the books and choose a 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winner. Each member who places will receive a visa gift card. The 2021 results are:
- Tanner Affolter – 1st place. Tanner is a member of the Amanda Work and Win 4-H Club.
- Marissa Newman - 2nd place. Marissa is a member of the Clearcreek Showmen 4-H Club.
- Megan Tooill - 3rd place. Megan is a member of the AC Extreme 4-Hers 4-H Club.
Are you a Treasurer or Secretary for your 4-H Club? Make sure to turn in your officer book to the Extension Office (831 College Ave, Suite D, Lancaster). Records should be completed through October 31st, 2021. Given the deadline falls on the weekend, books must be received by 4:00 p.m. on Monday, November 1st. Awards will be given to the top 3 treasurer and top 3 secretary books. These cash awards are given directly to the member for their officer book! Want more information? Check out your 4-H Member Handbook (p. 15) or ask your advisor!
New resources are available to use with your 4-H clubs for 2021. These are quick guides that offer information on the importance of campaigning for club offices, officer position description, and tips for holding elections. You can also visit: https://ohio4h.org/officerresources to find all of the officer books as well. Check out these great new items:
- Why Are 4-H Club Elections Important?
- Campaigning for a 4-H Club Officer Position
- What Does it Take to Be 4-H Club President?
- What Does it Take to Be 4-H Club Vice President?
- What Does it Take to Be 4-H Club Secretary?
- What Does it Take to Be 4-H Club Treasurer?
- What Does it Take to Be 4-H Club Reporter?
- What Does it Take to Be 4-H Club Healthy Living -Health Officer?
- What Does it Take to Be 4-H Club Healthy Living- Safety Officer?
- What Does it Take to Be 4-H Club Historian?
- What Does it Take to Be 4-H Club Recreation Leader?
- What Does it Take to Be 4-H Club Community Service Officer?
Congratulations to our members who participated in 2020 Secretary’s Book Contest. Each book was reviewed by the judges according to the approved rubric and received stars and placings accordingly. Those members who placed received a monetary prize that was sent to them. Each member did a good job with their book and should be proud of their hard work. Here are the results of the 2020 Secretary's Book Contest:
Congratulations to our members who participated in 2020 Treasurer’s Book Contest. Each book was reviewed by the judges according to the approved rubric and received placings accordingly. Those members who placed received a monetary prize that was sent to them. Each member did a good job with their book and should be proud of their hard work.
Here are the results of the 2020 Treasurer's Book Contest:
|1st Place||Stephanie Bowers||Sewing Shefs||3 Star|
|2nd Place||Annie Deyo||Rough Riders||2 Star|
|3rd Place||Evelyn Hill||Shooting Stars||2 Star|
|Morgan Cowdrey||Amanda Work and Win||1 Star|
|Henry Hoisington||Wild About Animals||1 Star|
|Kansas Rhymer||AC Extreme 4-Hers||1 Star|
|Katelynn Lykins||Carroll Country||1 Star|
|1st Place||Sofia Gugliemotto||Rough Riders|
|2nd Place||Luke Chapman||Bloomin' Clovers|
|Megan Tooill||AC Extreme 4-H'ers|
Help us recognize your advisors for all their hard work this year!! Read on for more details - You should have received this email to your Family 4-H email on Friday, Oct. 30th too! The Junior Leaders are working on a surprise for our Advisors, and we need your help! Each fall, we have an Advisor Banquet where we recognize the Advisors from every club. This year, due to COVID-19, we are going to have a drive-thru event and would like to play a video of ‘Shout Outs’ for our Advisors. Here’s how you can help:
- Record a short video giving your advisors a Shout Out
- What to include in your video:
- Your Name
- Your Club
- Your Advisor Name (or All the Advisors of your club)
- This could include a reason why you think they’re the best, A Thank You for all their hard work, or a favorite memory from this past year
- Please remember to make sure your background and attire is 4-H appropriate. 😊
- What to include in your video:
- Upload your video to this FlipGrid Channel: https://flipgrid.com/d1c71b17
- If you aren’t comfortable with FlipGrid, record a horizontal video on your phone and upload it to the Member Mailbox at go.osu.edu/memmailbox
- Not comfortable talking on camera? Make a poster or sign for your advisor and we'll share that too!
- We would like to highlight every club and Advisor, so you may need to talk with your fellow club members to make sure everyone gets a shoutout.
- All videos need to be uploaded by Friday, November 13, 2020!
- Be Creative & Have Fun!
Are you a Treasurer or Secretary for your 4-H Club? Make sure to turn in your officer book to the Extension Office (831 College Ave, Suite D, Lancaster). Records should be completed through October 31st, 2020. Given the deadline falls on the weekend and our office is only open on limited days and times, please call 740-653-5419 to arrange a time for dropping off your book. Books must be received by 4:00 p.m. on Thursday, November 5th. Want more information? Check out your 4-H Member Handbook (p. 14) or ask your advisor!
Today’s Teen Tip video is called “How to Write a Check”, featuring FCS Educator-Katie Schlagheck. It can be found by clicking on this link. The video describes the parts of a check and how to fill them out as well as some information on how to use checks.