A great activity to use with Cloverbuds during this fall as we approach elections, is to teach members about government. Why not teach them about the Great State of Ohio? Check out the newest Cloverbud Connections post: Ohio – The Buckeye State!
From all of us at the Extension Office, we wish all Junior Fair Exhibitors the best of luck next week at the fair! We know that the 2020 fair will look and feel different, but we hope that you have a memorable, fun experience next week. 4-H and FFA projects and activities are truly one of a kind and we are so proud of each of you who have stuck with your projects during this challenging year. You have found ways to make a tough situation better for yourself, your family, and those around you by be a part of the 4-H and FFA programs. See you next week!
The Thank You Note Project is back for 2020 but with a socially distanced twist. There will be 3 Thank You Note stations – One at each indoor show arena which includes Feeder Creek, Ed Sands/Farm Bureau Building, and the Round Cattle Barn. Look for The Ohio State Buckeyes Tent or Thank You Note Banner to find the station in your closest show arena.
At each station there will be blank thank you notes for you to pick up and take with you to fill out. Need help with writing a thank you note or filling out an envelope? There are directions sheets on each table that you can take a picture of to reference later. If you are lucky enough to win a trophy, there is a thank you note already on there for you. Once you’ve written your note and filled out your envelope drop it off to one of the mailboxes and we will mail it for you.
Thank you to the Fairfield County Endowment Board for sponsoring postage again this year! Remember to finish your project strong by writing a thank you note to award sponsors!
The Junior Fair Office will be closed to the public this year. We will be happy to assist you from the sliding glass window that is located at the east side of the building. The Junior Fair Office is located on the southeast corner of the Feeder Creek Vet Show Arena.
Junior Fair Office Hours will be as follows:
- Saturday, October 10th – Closed
- Sunday, October 11th – Open 7:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Monday, October 12th – Open 7:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, October 13th – Open 7:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, October 14th – Open 7:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
The Junior Fair Office will also be closed on Thursday and Friday due to the Livestock Sale. The office will be open for livestock sale buyers with a limited number of people allowed in the office at one time on sale days. Please be patient as we help each individual and we will be with you as soon as possible!
The following forms must be turned in at Swine Weigh-In:
- DUNF forms are required for market and MQP hogs.
- DUNF forms should be completed as close to fair weigh-in as possible to ensure the information submitted is correct.
- Exhibitors need to submit a DUNF for EACH animal.
- DUNF forms must be completed online BEFORE weigh-in: http://go.osu.edu/fairfielddunf.
- Exhibitors will receive an email receipt after submitting their online DUNF form.
- Exhibitors will be asked to show a copy of this receipt (with exhibitor name and tag number) for each animal at weigh-in. This can be done by printing off the email receipt or showing the Show Committee the email receipt on a smartphone.
- If an exhibitor submits an online DUNF in error (i.e. incorrect species, incorrect tag number), they must notify Leslie Cooksey (firstname.lastname@example.org) and submit a new DUNF with the correct information.
Take Home Form: must be turned in before the hog leaves the scale.
“No Ractopamine/Paylean” Affidavit: must be turned in at weigh-in for ALL market hogs.
Backtags have been laminated thanks to Fitzpatrick Enterprises and they will be picked up by your club advisor from the Senior Fair Office. Youth will get one backtag number regardless of the number of organizations they are part of (multiple clubs/chapter) and will need to use this the entire week of fair when they are showing.
Wristbands have been organized by club/chapter and will be picked up by your club advisor from the Senior Fair Office. Any questions regarding wristbands should be directed to the Senior Fair Office at 740-653-3041.
Please check with your advisor to receive these items.