All are welcome! A great learning opportunity for all 4-H youth across the state!
Youth in grades 5-7 are invited to join us at Canter’s Cave 4-H Camp June 19th-21st for STEM Camp 2023! 4-H STEM Camp is an overnight camping opportunity for youth interested in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics. We are excited to be able to offer STEM Camp at a reduced rate thanks to a 4-H Foundation Grant, lowering the cost of camp for youth to just $100.00.
Register by June 1st at go.osu.edu/4HSTEMCamp
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (740) 286-5044
Additionally, we need camp counselors!! We are asking for male camp counselors to join us at STEM Camp if they are available. As of right now, we do not have enough male counselors to feel comfortable so if you have any teens interested in helping with camp, we’d greatly appreciate you sharing our message. If you have a camp counselor interested in helping, please have them email me at email@example.com and we will get them connected. No STEM background or strengths required!!
Ohio 4-H members are eligible to use their STEM participation within 4-H to apply for the $2,000 scholarships available. Deadline has been extended to March 31, 2023. Last year several of 4-H members received scholarships (and they were only $1,000). Please share with your Juniors and Seniors as there are 99 scholarships available (one per state congressional districts).
For more information: 2022-2023 Statewide STEM Scholarship Application
The purpose of this scholarship program is to recognize students throughout Ohio for their contributions to STEM Innovation and Entrepreneurship. To ensure that students from all parts of Ohio receive recognition, we would like to award at least one $2,000 scholarship in each of Ohio’s ninety-nine State House of Representative districts, and thirty-three Ohio State Senate districts. Deadline is March 15, 2023.
PDF with Information: 2022-2023 Statewide STEM Scholarship Application
Continuing for 2023, we will be having summer project judging on 3 days. The judging schedule will be as follows and project judging will take place at the Ed Sands Building at the Fairgrounds. Additionally, one change for 2023 is that ALL Self-Determined Projects will be judged on the same day
Tuesday, July, 11, 2023
- Food and Nutrition Projects
- Creative Arts Projects
- Family & Consumer Sciences Miscellaneous Projects
- ALL Self-Determined Projects
Wednesday, July, 12, 2023
- Environmental Sciences
Thursday, July 13, 2023
- Clothing/Sewing Projects
- Style Revue to take place that evening at 7:00 p.m. (location TBD)
Ohio 4-H is proud to partner with Believe in Ohio (https://believeinohio.org/) to kick off a new STEM- based 4-H SPIN club this fall and winter for high school youth.
This club will meet virtually on Thursday from 6:30 – 8:00 pm starting on 10/27 – 12/15 (skipping Thanksgiving). Youth will learn about the components of an entrepreneurial business plan and create a STEM-based project and pitch video as the final product. Projects will be eligible for local ($100-500), regional ($1,000) and state ($5,000) based scholarships. In Spring 2022 not all scholarships were given out.
Youth who participate will be 2023 4-H members in the county they live in.
To participate in the club, sign up using the link below.
Youth can only miss 2 meetings to be eligible for awards. Youth can also submit their project as a self-determined 4-H project in their own county for county based awards and recognition in summer 2023.
All meetings will be recorded. Youth will work on their STEM business plans with the help of a STEM advocate from Believe in Ohio from 12/15/22 – 1/31/2023.
More information about the scholarships and program can be found here: https://believeinohio.org/scholarships/
If you cannot make the Thursday night meetings, you could also participate on your own as an independent student, but would not receive the support of the STEM Advocates, and learning with other 4-H members.
The non-livestock results from the 2022 Ohio State Fair are posted online. Click here to see a complete list.
Rachel Sponseller, Ready, Set, Sew Active, Outstanding of the Day
Creative Arts – Cake Decorating:
Food and Nutrition:
Congrats to all 4-Hers, parents, and advisors! Summer Judging week has been wonderful as we get to see all of the hard work come together in our project interviews. Results for summer projects will be posted at this link and all results will be posted by the of the day on Friday, July 16th: go.osu.edu/fcsummerjudgingresults
Additionally, photos from summer judging have been posted on our Ohio State – Fairfield County 4-H Facebook Page. Direct links are as follows:
Hello 4-H Members enrolled in STEM Projects!
We hope that you are busy working on your 4-H projects this summer. Here are a few important updates to be aware of:
- All STEM Projects will be judged on Wednesday, July 13, 2022 from 12:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. (by appointment, see scheduling info below).
- If you cannot attend this judging day, you can:
- Attend Late Judging on Tuesday, July 26th from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. by calling 740-653-5419 to schedule an appointment. Participation in Late Judging receives a grade only, and is not eligible for county awards or state fair consideration.
- Advisor Completion – Talk to your club advisor as they can work with you to review your project for completion only. No grades or awards will be given with this option.
- There will be no early judging.
- If you cannot attend this judging day, you can:
- Scheduling is now open for summer judging!
- We ask that you schedule an appointment that works best for you by using this link: go.osu.edu/fcsummerjudging
- Scheduling will be open through MIDNIGHT, Sunday, July 10th.
- If you have more than one project judged on this day, please be sure to schedule an appointment for EACH PROJECT. Also, please allow time between appointments to complete each interview.
- Please review the 4-H Member Handbook and 4-H Project Member Guidelines as you complete your project(s) and prepare for judging.
Please contact the Extension Office if you have additional questions about project judging! We can’t wait to see you in less than one month!
Summer project interviews will be coming soon! Dates for projects are correctly listed in the 4-H Member Handbook. Please note that there are errors on correct dates in the 4-H Project Guidelines for Self-Determined Projects. Again, pay attention to dates in the 4-H Member Handbook.
We will be scheduling interviews by appointment. The summer project judging sign up link will be sent to all youth enrolled in these respective projects via 4-HOnline next week. The email will say from 4-HOnline, so please be on the lookout – some email systems don’t like 4-HOnline.
Please contact Stacy Hicks at 740-653-5419 if you have questions about summer judging sign ups!
Projects to be judged on Tuesday, July 12, 2022 from 12:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. (see page 11 of the 4-H Member Handbook):
- All Food and Nutrition Projects
- Family Life (Babysitting)
- Home Living
- Cake Decorating (youth must complete summer judging option if they wish to qualify for Ohio State Fair)
- Creative Arts/String Art/Graphic Design
- Money Management
- Creative Writing
- Healthy Living
Projects to be judged on Wednesday, July 13, 2022 from 12:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. (see pages 11-12 of the 4-H Member Handbook):
- Self Determined 365.00
- Self Determined 365.04 Natural Resources
- Self Determined 365.06 Workforce Prep
- Discovering 4-H/4-H Around the Globe
- Horseless Horse/All About Dogs
- Veterinary Science
- Science Fun
- Small Engines
- Natural Resources
- Gardening (youth must complete summer judging option if they wish to qualify for the Ohio State Fair)
Projects to be judged on Thursday, July 14, 2022 from 10:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (see page 12 of the 4-H Member Handbook):
- All Clothing Projects
The Style Revue will be at 7:00 p.m. on Thursday, July 14th for all clothing project members.