October 2, 2021 4-H Celebration of Youth: 4-H Leading the Way (Ostrander)—6:30 p.m. This event is open to all friends of 4-H age 21 and older. The 24th annual Ohio 4-H fundraiser will be held at Leeds Farm in Ostrander, Ohio, on Saturday, Oct. 2, at 6:30 p.m. Please plan to join us for an evening of fall fun on the farm. This year’s event includes casual dress and farm activities. Individual tickets are $100. Tickets for young adults ages 21–30 are buy one, get one free. Tickets will include a meal and drink ticket as well as the opportunity to participate in activities available at Leeds Farm such as zip lining, jumping pillows, adult trikes, hayrides, and so much more! For ticket and sponsorship information, visit go.osu.edu/COY.
August 30th, 2021, 4-H Night at the Reds (Cincinnati)—6:40 p.m. Come join us for 4-H Night at the Great American Ball Park as the Cincinnati Reds take on the St. Louis Cardinals on Monday, August 30th, at 6:40 p.m.! A portion of each ticket sold will be donated back to 4-H. For questions, please reach out to Tiffany Huffman at email@example.com.
The Junior Leaders Club is finishing up their Bottle Cap Community Service Project for 2021, and is looking for sponsors to help cover the cost of the benches. With the help of the 4-H Clubs in Fairfield County, the Junior Leaders were able to collect enough plastic caps to make 10 benches.
Each bench costs $220 and will be placed around the Fairfield County Fairgrounds. Checks can be made out to: “Fairfield County Junior Leaders” and sent to: Fairfield County Junior Leaders, 831 College Ave. Suite D, Lancaster, OH 43130. All donations need to be received by Friday, July 23rd. If your club would like to purchase a plaque to go on their bench, we will coordinate that after the benches have been purchased and delivered.
Remember: The club who collects the most caps by weight will receive a bench sponsored by the Junior Leaders and a personalized plaque for their bench.
If your club would like to donate funds to cover a bench, please let Aubry (Fowler.firstname.lastname@example.org) know so the Junior Leaders can plan accordingly. If you have any questions, please reach out to the Extension Office at 740-653-5419.
4-H Clubs do you have bottle caps to weigh in?
If you still have bottle caps to drop off, please join the Junior Leaders on Saturday, July 10th from 12-2pm in the #4 Beef Barn. This will be the LAST collection day for the 4-H Club Competition!
Please bring all clean plastic bottle caps in a trash bag and/or box to the FINAL Weigh-Ins at the Fairfield County Fairgrounds!
If you have questions, please contact Aubry (Fowler.email@example.com). If this date doesn’t work for you, a time can be arranged to drop them off at the Extension Office.
Speak out and get involved! Improve your public speaking skills and raise awareness of health and safety topics. The Fairfield County Health & Safety Speaking Event will be Wednesday, June 9th, 2021 starting at 1:00 p.m. at the Ag Center. Any 4-H or Cloverbud member can participate. The following events will take place:
- Junior and Senior Individual Health & Safety Speaking Events
- Health & Safety Speaking Team Event
- 4-H Creed Speaking Event
- 4-H Pledge Speaking Event (Cloverbuds Only)
Earn a chance to also participate in the Ohio State Fair with the Health & Safety events!
Registration is due June 1st by calling the Extension Office at 740-653-5419. For questions, contact Leslie Cooksey at firstname.lastname@example.org.
4-H Clubs do you have bottle caps to weigh in?
Thank you to those who dropped off bottle caps on May 8th! The countywide collection is currently 75% toward its goal of 1,000 lbs.
If you still have bottle caps to drop off, please join the Junior Leaders on Tuesday, May 18th from 5-7pm in the Beef Barn.
Please bring all clean plastic bottle caps in a trash bag and/or box to the May Weigh-Ins at the Fairfield County Fairgrounds!
If you have questions, please contact Aubry (Fowler.email@example.com). If this date doesn’t work for you, a time can be arranged to drop them off at the Extension Office. Collection will continue until 1,000 lbs are collected.
Come support the Fairfield County 4-H Advisory Committee by shopping at the Lancaster Greenhouse and Nursery, April 30, May 1, & May 2, 2021. This year you have the option to shop online or in store!
Read on for More Details….
- In-Store Sales
- Distribute the coupon below to all family and friends. A whole page of coupons can be found Greenhouse Fundraiser PDF.
- Group supporters will shop as a “normal customer” on the above dates listed. If we happen to have any current in-store sales and promotions taking place, they will be able to take advantage of those just like a typical customer.
- At time of checkout, customers will give a copy of the attached coupon to our cashier so we know they are associated with your group and 15% of their transaction will be donated back to your group (not the customer).
- Absolutely no coupons can be distributed at our store location
- Online/eCommerce Sales
- Distribute the following coupon code to all family and friends: 4HSPRING (valid online only).
- Family and friends will visit and shop from our website: https://lancastergreenhouse.com
- Your group’s unique coupon code will be entered in the checkout portion of the online store (Click the blue text that says “Redeem Your Code” and then enter code. This code will only be active on your sale dates: Fri April 30th, Sat May 1st & Sun May 2nd
- This coupon will give all online customers a BONUS 10% off all plants and fertilizers!
- In addition, we offer in-store pick up AND delivery of all online orders. The cost and timing of this delivery service is based on the actual shipping destination and total amount of purchase. All available options will be calculated and viewed at time of checkout. Many times, free delivery is available if a minimum purchase amount is met.
- 15% of all online transactions associated with your group’s coupon code will be donated back to your group (not the customer).
- Only one coupon code can be entered at time of checkout an cannot be combined with any additional offer.
This is a fundraising event for the 4-H Advisory Committee. The 4-H Advisory Committee supports county 4-H programming for all youth members and adult volunteers including, but not limited to: Awards and banquets, trips and scholarships, printing costs, special programming costs, and more!
Please share this post with family members and friends!
The Junior Leaders are starting a new community service for 2021 and need your help collecting plastic caps to turn into benches. Work within your club to collect clean plastic bottle caps and lids. Store them during our “off” time in bags – inside a box as they can get heavy. The club who collects the most caps by weight will receive a personalized plaque for a bench. If your club would like to fundraise to purchase a bench for your club, contact Aubry (Fowler.firstname.lastname@example.org) for more details about this optional opportunity. Countywide Weigh In Information will be coming out soon – Save the date for May 8th or 18th to drop off your caps!
Tractor Supply proudly began their partnership with 4-H in 2010 and they have since helped raise over $14 million through our Paper Clover fundraisers. The success of these campaigns has impacted over 69,000 students by providing them with hands-on learning experiences through projects in STEM, agriculture, healthy living, and civic engagement.
100% of funds raised through our two Paper Clover fundraisers directly benefit 4-H and the kids and teens they work with – 80% of donations directly support 4-H youth in Fairfield County and 10% goes to Ohio 4-H, and the remaining 10% supports national 4-H programming. We are so fortunate to have TSC stores in Pickerington, Carroll, and Lancaster.
The 2021 Spring Paper Clover Promotion will begin April 28, 2021 and run through May 9, 2021. Stop by a Fairfield County 4-H store and support 4-H!