Quality Assurance Training is required for all 4-H and FFA members who will be exhibiting a livestock project at the Fairfield County Junior Fair. Quality Assurance must be completed this year by Friday, September 4th, 2020. This includes the following projects:
- Beef (Breeding & Market)
- Dairy Breeding & Dairy Feeders
- Goats (Angora, Dairy, Meat, Market & Pygmy)
- Poultry (Breeding & Market)
- Sheep (Breeding & Market)
- Rabbits (Breeding & Market)
- Llamas & Alpacas (New for 2020)
4-H and FFA members must complete Quality Assurance this year by Friday, September 4th to meet this requirement. This deadline is for 2020 only.
Here are your options to complete the Quality Assurance requirement for 2020:
- Option 1: Complete Quality Assurance online through YQCA. This is the only approved online option. It does cost $12 per member annually. If you plan to show in other livestock shows this year outside of Ohio – I actually recommend completing QA in this way as some of the national stock shows actually will require YQCA to meet their Quality Assurance Requirement.
- Visit http://yqca.org/ to complete QA if you choose this option.
- Fairfield County 4-H Members should select “sign in with 4-HOnline”. It will prompt you to select a state and then enter your 4-HOnline account information. After successfully logging in, you will be given a list of active family members. Select the family member and start the account creation process.
- Fairfield County FFA Members (who are not in 4-H) should select FFA & Independent Sign-In.
- Make sure you work through the entire program until you see a certificate number.
- For a complete list of directions visit: Getting Your YQCA Online Certification
- Please email your certificate number to email@example.com.
- Option 2: In-Person Club Quality Assurance Training. Talk to your club/chapter advisor. Some are trained to teach Quality Assurance. I know that they are still figuring out how their meetings will look now that in-person events can resume. If your advisor is planning to teach QA by September 4th, they are able to do this in-person with you.
Please reach out to Leslie Cooksey if you have any questions (email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 740-277-4625).