Indianapolis Teaching Fellows is an opportunity for individuals from all disciplines and backgrounds to become certified teachers in two years while teaching in one of 45 partner schools, which includes Indianapolis Public Schools. Fellows participate in an extensive six-week summer training and receive continued training and coaching through their first two years of teaching.
This is an excellent opportunity for any seniors (or alums) who are interested in applying the skills they learned through their major to the education field (a background in education is not required).
View the flyer or website for more information. Apply here.
The Edward Orton Jr. Ceramic Foundation is seeking a part-time, science-focused Marketing Associate. This position might be of interest to a STEM student who loves social media, marketing, and/or advertising, and has good communication skills. This would be a great way to earn some cash, build your resume, and apply your science in a unique way.
The selected applicant will develop messaging, write and manage the completion of promotional materials for web, trade shows and print ads for scientific products and services.
Apply by March 31, 2021. Learn more on Handshake.
May, August, or December 2020 graduates
Charles River Labs (CRL) has a high need to hire full-time, entry-level positions in Ashland, OH. These positions focus on drug discovery/development in pre-clinical laboratory setting. You can view the openings here.
These are full-time positions that require full-time paid training followed by mentorship program. First year new hires receive 15 days of vacation, accrued plus accrued sick time. CRL also offers 401k/health benefits for new hires, which start the first day of the month following a new hire’s start date. The company continues to grow globally as a company so career advancement is an attractive element for new hires.
Current Students in Spring 2021
Charles River Labs (CRL) will be hosting multiple paid internships within various scientific departments for the summer of 2021. Internship will last from May 25, 2021 – August 17, 2021 (can be flexible on start/end date) Departments hosting interns include, but are not limited to: Technical Operations, Animal Care Services, Formulations, Analytical and Bioanalytical Chemistry, Histology, Necropsy, IT, Human Resources, and more. Interested applicants are invited to apply via this single job posting.
Pfizer Medicinal Chemistry is looking for talented undergraduate and graduate students with a strong interest in synthetic organic chemistry to participate in the company’s Summer Student Worker Program (SWP). Research will be conducted at one of Pfizer’s major R&D sites in Groton, Connecticut or La Jolla, California.
Students will have the opportunity to work for 10-12 weeks (typically May to August) directly with a medicinal chemist investigating a novel research project or as part of a larger project team. The internship includes various programs introducing the students to scientists within the Pfizer organization and concludes with a poster session.
These positions are paid, housing and transportation to the Pfizer site are not included but housing is potentially available through local universities which can be reached by bike/car/carshare. More information will be provided during the phone interview.
Applications will be open until March 5, 2021. Students will be interviewed on a rolling basis, so you are encouraged to apply early. You can apply here. Pfizer works with a third-party staffing company, so they suggest that applicants also complete this questionnaire, which will be reviewed by Pfizer internally.
Deadline Approaching: Dec 28, 2020
The Applied Microbiology Services Lab (AMSL), is seeking applicants for COVID-19 Student Lab Assistants in order to expand its SARS-CoV-2 screening program staff for the spring semester. AMSL is a CLIA-certified BSL-2+ lab operated jointly by the Department of Microbiology, College of Arts and Sciences, and the Infectious Diseases Institute, Office of Research. The university’s SARS-CoV-2 screening program is run through AMSL.
- University title: Student assistant
- Wage: $12-$13 per hour, based on experience
- Pay frequency: Bi-weekly
- Under the direction of the Applied Microbiology Lab Services (AMSL) manager and other designated lab personnel, AMSL COVID-19 student lab assistants will assist with various lab duties including client services, sample processing, and testing; operates specialized equipment and follows all testing protocols to produce results for input into the appropriate database(s); and more.
- Work schedules may include non-traditional work days/times (e.g., evenings and/or weekends) to accommodate testing and lab needs.
- Position is temporary (actual duration unknown, but less than ten months.)
- Full description on job flyer.
If interested, please email your resume by Monday, December 28th to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Direct questions regarding the positions should be directed to Jeff Jahnes (Jahnes.email@example.com), AMSL Lab Manager.
Southern Teachers works with 650 K-12 private/independent, college-preparatory schools around the South. These schools list thousands of jobs throughout the year with Southern Teachers to find great educators to join their school communities.
In light of the ever-changing job market, Southern Teachers works diligently to maintain and foster new relationships with member schools to know their hiring needs.
Southern Teachers is still looking for candidates who are:
- passionate about science and hold a strong academic record
- enthusiastic about working with kids
- looking to be part of a collaborative and engaging environment
If you are interested in a chemistry teaching position, especially in the southern United States, Southern Teachers Agency can help you find the right fit. Candidates for the teaching positions do not necessarily need teacher certification to work in private/independent schools. To learn more and apply, you can visit their website.
Drug Enforcement Administration has Forensic Chemist job openings at its Pleasanton, CA; Miami, FL; and Chicago, IL locations.
Incumbents will perform quantitative and qualitative chemical analysis on evidence in lab, testify in court, and advise and assist law enforcement personnel, amongst other duties.
Learn more or apply here.
Please note: Applications can be accepted from students who expect to graduate by June 2020 and if a transcript is provided with anticipated conferral date. However, DEA must verify that the degree has been conferred before the applicant can be appointed.
Work in the General Chemistry Preparation Lab for Autumn 2020!
The General Chemistry Preparation lab of the Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry is hiring lab assistants to help us provide services to the General Chemistry Teaching lab in Autumn 2020. This position is open to undergraduates currently enrolled at OSU main campus who are eligible to work in the United States. Successful candidates should be able to work independently and have good customer service skills.
- Completed General Chemistry Sequence (1210/1220; 1610/1620; or 1910H/1920H) with a B- (preferred)
- Attention to detail, maintaining a stable work schedule
- Taking classes during Autumn 2020
- Be able to work until 2022 after recruitment
Student Appointment Details:
- Starting Salary: $9/hour
- Working Hours: 12-20 hours per week
- Responsibilities: Preparation and delivery of chemicals, distribution of lab equipment, lab services and safety inspections.
- On Friday, August 21st or Monday, August 24th, new lab assistants will need to participate in lab orientation/training.
- Direct Link: Apply here.
- Applicant will be contacted after submission of your application.
Charles River Laboratories Virtual Career Fair
April 16, 2020
2 – 5 p.m. ET
The drug research and development process is highly complex, yet essential for delivering safe and effective therapies to patients. With a global network of facilities, Charles River Laboratories is an early-stage contract research organization (CRO) with a local touch. The company has dedicated employees around the world, and is passionate about its role in improving the quality of people’s lives. Together, they have supported the development of ~85% of the drugs approved by the FDA in 2019.
This is a Virtual Career Fair where you will meet with Charles River teams for early career opportunities at Charles River Laboratories nationwide. They are looking for candidates to fill technician, entry-level, and internship positions. If you are interested but unable to attend, simply register and we will reach out to you.
Learn more and register here.
Apply to be a General Chemistry TA for Autumn 2020!
The Department of Chemistry & Biochemistry hires over 50 outstanding undergraduates per semester to teach our General Chemistry courses.
Here are some details on our positions:
- Completed General Chemistry Sequence (1210/1220; 1610/1620; or 1910H/1920H) with an A or A- (preferred)
- Accumulative GPA > 3.5
- Taking classes during Autumn 2020
- No other paid monthly student appointment during Autumn 2020 [this includes paid research]
Student Appointment Details:
- Salary: $12/hour
- Hours: 10-12 per week
- Responsibilities: Teach one 3-hour lab; Promptly grade assignments and prepare for teaching responsibilities; 1 weekly office hour; proctor all exams; attend weekly staff meeting
New TA training will take place Monday, August 17th – Monday, August 24th during business hours. Conflicts with training, including TAs who must live on campus, should be stated on your application and described in detail if possible.
- Direct Link: https://go.osu.edu/au20gcta
- After the submission of your application, the department will reach out to ask you to submit a schedule. Submitting a schedule does not guarantee a position. If your schedule changes before the deadline (May 10th), please update your information.
- All schedules submitted by this date will be accommodated. If you make a change to your schedule after this date, you will be responsible for switching your assignment with another TA if you have a conflict with your time or you will have to forfeit your position.
Staff Appointments Available! If you are graduating and looking for an opportunity to teach for a semester (or even academic year!), we also have those available! Please email us for details.
Feel free to contact us via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any questions. All applications, including schedules, are due May 10th, 2020, and hiring decisions will be made by mid-July if the university is open.