Looking for a job? Congressman Steve Stivers’ annual Job Fair is next Friday, May 31 from 10am to 3pm. The event is free and open to all!
There will be over 50 employers with thousands of open positions in attendance.
The event will be held at the Ohio State 4-H Center (beside the Schottenstein Center on OSU’s campus.)
2201 Fred Taylor Drive
An updated list of participating organizations can be found here.
The Department of Materials Science and Engineering has an immediate need for an undergraduate student to assist in a project directed towards the polymer modification and synthesis of bio-sensing materials for biomedical applications.
Some experience with organic chemistry is preferred along with an availability of about 20 hours per week.
If interested, please contact Professor John Lannutti at Lannutti.email@example.com.
Lubrizol is a global supplier of chemical additives. They are currently looking to fill a chemist position. In this position, you will prepare chemical products, work to develop new technology, document and communicate research results, and comply with Lubrizol’s safety programs and procedures.
Lubrizol is seeking applicants with the following qualifications:
- B.S. in chemistry
- 2 year minimum experience in lab setting
- experience in the synthesis and characterization of compounds
The Ohio Water Microbiology Laboratory at The Ohio-Kentucky-Indiana Water Science Center of the U.S. Geological Survey in Columbus, Ohio is in need of a student contractor. This student would assist with analyzing water samples using molecular methods for DNA from specific animal hosts (for microbial source tracking, as well as DNA from bacteria responsible for harmful algal blooms and toxin production. This position will start immediately and can be full-time or part-time during the school year and then full-time during the summer. Student will be expected to assist in sample receipt, log in, and initial processing steps, as well as perform other duties.
Students who wish to apply should have an advanced knowledge of molecular biology and/or microbiology, as well as experience with molecular techniques through course work and/or previous related lab experiences. Compensation is $21.32 per hour if above criteria are met.
Interested students should contact Amie Brady, firstname.lastname@example.org, 614-430-7760. More Information regarding the position is available.
Apply to be a General Chemistry TA in Autumn 2018!
The Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry hires over 50 outstanding undergraduates per semester to teach our General Chemistry course. If you’d like to improve your content knowledge at your job, help students through problems and get teaching experience, TAing could be for you!
- Completed General Chemistry Sequence (1210/1220; 1610/1620 or 1910H/1920H) with an A or A- (preferred)
- Accumulative GPC > 3.6
- Taking Classes during Autumn 2019
- No other paid student appointment during Autumn 2019 (this includes paid research)
- Salary: $12/hour
- Hours: 10-12 per week
- Responsibilities: Teach 1-3 hour lab; promptly grade assignments and prepare for teaching responsibilities, 1 weekly office hour; proctor all exams, attend weekly staff meetings and beginning of the year training beginning Monday, August 12th. Conflicts with training should be stated on your application and be described in detail, if possible.
Apply online now! After the submission of your application, the department will reach out to you to ask you to submit a schedule. Submitting a schedule does not guarantee a position. All applications, including schedules are due by May 3rd, 2019, and hiring decisions will be made in early July. Please contact the Lab Supervisors (email@example.com) if you have questions about the application process.
The 2019 Summer Internship & Opportunity Fair will take place Wednesday, February 27th from 1-5pm in the Ohio Union Grand Ballroom.
More than 110 organizations will be in attendance to recruit! This event is specifically designed for students to find resume-building opportunities for the summer of 2019. Organizations attending will be recruiting for internship positions, part-time and full-time summer jobs, and even volunteer opportunities.
More information about the fair, including a listing of all the organizations registered to be in attendance, can be found on the event’s webpage.
Gotion-Ohio is a research and development center for Guoxan’s global research and development network. Gotion-Ohio’s goal is to innovate in electric vehicle technology by accelerating electrified transportation and achieving sustainable development. Gotion-Ohio is currently seeking applicants for a paid internship program for summer 2019. This internship position will be from May-August 2019.
- at least 2 years of progress working towards a Chemistry or Chemical Engineering bachelor’s degree
- at least Sophomore standing
- be eligible to work in the United States without current or future visa support
- must be able to follow procedures to prepare electrochemical test cells and perform battery testing
- must be able to carry out routine analyses
- must be able to have good housekeeping principles and keep an accurate record of data
- must be able to multitask, be organized, and communicate efficiently about progress of different experiments
- must be able to use Microsoft office
- must have strong integrity
- must be skilled in team work
- must have strong work ethic
- must be able to follow safety policies and be accountable
- assemble test cells and do cell tests to monitor cell performance
- work with hazardous material
- analyze and process raw material
- prepare electrolyte solutions according to requirements
- analyze materials to confirm physical and chemical properties
- track and maintain inventories and request replacements
- keep laboratory and storeroom clean
- dispose of waste and obsolete material according to rules and regulations
- attend required training sessions
- follow all safety procedures
Apply now! To apply, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Put “Ohio Summer Internship” in the subject line and attach a cover letter that explains your interest in working with Gotion-Ohio as well as a resume.
Applications for this position are accepted until March 15th!
Opportunity for undergrads/postbacs interested in going to graduate school:
Are you an underrepresented undergraduate student looking to earn a Ph.D. in biomedical science and looking for some extra resume padding or laboratory experience to be truly competitive for a top tier graduate program?
If so, the Post-baccalaureate Research Education Program at The Ohio State University, DISCOVERY PREP might be right for you! This NIH-funded postbac program runs for one year and is designed to prepare recent college graduates for success in graduate school.
Accepted scholars are provided with:
- Paid 1-year research experience in a laboratory with a nationally recognized research mentor in a biomedical science discipline
- Graduate Record Exam (GRE) preparation assistance
- Individual mentoring
- Assistance with application preparation for Ph.D. graduate programs
- Career development workshops
- Opportunities to travel and network with other scientists throughout the nation
They are accepting applications until March 1st, 2019 but interested individuals are encouraged to APPLY EARLY. More information can be found on our web page or the application can be accessed directly here.
If you have any questions about this program, please contact Jeffrey Mason by e-mail at Jeffrey.Mason@osumc.edu or call (614-685-9140).
These postings close February 24, 2019.
Assistant Director of Stone Lab: Under the direction and guidance of Ohio Sea Grant and Stone Lab Director, the Assistant Director of Stone Lab oversees all aspects of Stone Laboratory operations maintaining the lab’s reputation as a program and facility dedicated to cutting-edge scientific research, education and public outreach.
- Supervises Stone Laboratory managers
- Address the needs and operations of facilities and grounds, vehicles and vessels, etc.
- Strategic planning
- Staff training, recruitment, and management
- Donor relations
- and more!
Find more information, requirements, and the application here.
Water Quality Research Assistant: Assists Research Coordinator with current Stone Laboratory research projects and visiting researchers at the laboratory.
- Assist in sample collection from Lake Erie
- Conducts laboratory experiments
- Quality control
- Analytic chemistry analyses
- Write reports to Ohio EPA
- and more!
Find more information, requirements, and the application here.
Manufacturing Sciences Track
The Manufacturing Sciences Track is designed for those in a science or engineering degree program with an interest in biotechnology manufacturing. Ventria offers multiple entry-level positions in which you will develop valuable hands-on experience directly on our manufacturing floor. From there, your career could lead to manufacturing supervision, operations management, new process development, quality control, or quality assurance positions.
Molecular Biology Track
The Molecular Biology Track is designed for those specializing in the plant sciences, biology or biochemistry and are interested in gene synthesis, biotransformation, plant tissue culture and seed production. Ventria offers entry-level positions in our molecular biology operations department. The initial training program covers the first 6 months of employment in which plant biotechnology methods are taught. Once completed, placement in a position of increasing responsibility in the molecular biology laboratory is possible.
Product Applications Track
The Product Applications Track is a great opportunity for those with a degree in biology, biochemistry, chemistry, biomedical engineering, or a related degree and have an interest in helping customers apply new bioreagents to their cell therapy, vaccine, or cell culture process. Ventria offers multiple entry-level positions entailing a two-year training program that could lead to a Product Application position. Candidates for this track must be willing to relocate to be closer to customers.
Jump-Start Your Career with Ventria Bioscience!
Find out more here.
To apply, send your PDF resume to email@example.com