West Virginia State University is seeking a dedicated candidate for the position of Academic Lab Manager III for the Department of Chemistry and Physics. This is a non-classified, non-exempt, full time, benefits eligible position. This position assists the faculty within the department to set up and conduct teaching laboratories as well as maintain the departmental laboratories safety, hygiene, and records.
WVSU serves approximately 3,500 students. It is located in Institute, WV, a suburb of Charleston, the largest city and the capital of West Virginia. With more than 300,000 people living in the metropolitan area, it is an active, exciting and engaging community, boasting cultural and historical events, music, festivals and entertainment.
This position will remain open until filled. However, first consideration will be given to applicants who submit a resume, cover letter, academic transcripts, and the names and email addresses or phone numbers of three professional references by July 13, 2022.
Application materials can be submitted via email to email@example.com.
Gustavus Adolphus College, located in St. Peter, Minnesota, is hiring a Chemistry Stockroom Coordinator.
The primary purpose of this position is to support the teaching staff by purchasing, preparing and organizing labs and ensuring equipment, chemicals and supplies are available as needed. The Stockroom Coordinator also supports research faculty and students who need chemicals and related supplies for their work. This position ensures proper safety protocols are followed in the Chemical Stockroom, storage areas and preparation rooms. Thus, this position works in close collaboration with the Chemical Hygiene and Lab Safety Officer to ensure best practices in safety, maintenance, and inventory control.
Candidates should have a bachelor’s degree, at least two years of college chemistry, basic knowledge of inorganic and organic chemistry, and basic knowledge of safe handling and disposal of laboratory chemicals. A bachelor’s degree in Chemistry or a closely related field is preferred.
Learn more and apply.
Southern Teachers is an education recruitment firm working with over 750 K-12 private schools in the South. Their personalized teacher placement service helps you run an efficient job search and discern the best opportunities for you. The agency will learn about your experience and the parameters of your search (position type, schools type, and geography), and make referrals based on that information and their knowledge of their schools. Southern Teachers’ placement services are free for candidates.
Private/independent schools often have greater flexibility in their hiring than do public schools. As a result, teacher certification is not required for most middle and high school teaching positions. Generally speaking, candidates applying for private school teaching jobs should have a bachelor’s degree in the same field as their teaching field (e.g., a math major could be hired to teach 9th-grade algebra).
The agency currently has 1800 jobs listed at 750 K-12 private schools, including many, many science jobs. Schools are trying to fill these 2022-23 positions as soon as possible. They are seeking new grads with majors or minors in Chemistry. Apply now.
Oakwood Labs has a Chemical/Biomedical Engineer position open for recent or soon-to be chemistry graduates. It is an entry-level opportunity for those interested in working at a technology-based pharmaceutical company.
The roles of this position include…
- Perform pre-formulation laboratory experiments and studies
- Perform process scale-up from laboratory to pilot laboratory
- Perform process scale-up from pilot laboratory to manufacturing facility
- Work on technology transfer activities
The application deadline is December 31, 2022. More information and how to apply can be found here.
There is an opening for a research technician in the Gale Group at the Martinos Center for Biomedical Imaging at Massachusetts General Hospital/ Harvard Medical School starting June 2022. They are seeking a recent college graduate with a bachelor’s degree in chemistry. This position is ideal for an ambitious chemist with plans to attend graduate or medical school within 2-3 years.
The technician will be primarily responsible for physicochemical characterization of new transition metal complexes. There are also opportunities to engage in chemical synthesis, bioanalytical chemistry, molecular biology, and/or MR imaging studies.
Qualified applicants should send a CV and contact information for two references to Eric Gale at firstname.lastname@example.org. Further information can be found on this flyer.
Indiana State University is seeking to hire a Chemistry Stockroom Manager with a desired start date this summer. The stockroom manager will be responsible for the chemistry stockroom and for preparations for undergraduate chemistry laboratory courses.
These responsibilities include but are not limited to…
- Responsibility for safe handling, safety/hazard labeling, and storage of chemicals, reagents, solvents, and compressed gases, for disposal of all chemical waste, and for maintaining library of Safety Data Sheets
- Initiate and carry out paperwork (electronic and hard copy) relating to purchases, and organize and maintain documentation of purchases
- Maintain inventory of chemicals, reagents, glassware, and other lab supplies
- Carry out the purchasing of chemicals, reagents, cryogens, gases, equipment, and other lab supplies
Applications should be submitted here and more information about the application as well as the position is available here. Applications will begin being reviewed on April 1 and will continue to be reviewed until the position is filled.
Moderna is seeking an undergraduate Junior or Senior to join its Co-op Program. The candidate will work in the Protein Science group and assist with the investigation and implementation of broad technologies to identify suitable protein detection reagents for use in in vitro potency assays for Moderna’s drug products. Specifically, the candidate will assist with generating and screening antibody fragment libraries to select and validate high affinity ligands against various targets of interest.
Moderna’s Co-Op program is a full-time opportunity beginning January 2022 through June 2022. Interested candidates should be available for full-time work during this timeframe.
What you’ll do:
- Generate antibody fragment libraries for in vitro phage display
- Utilize various display methods for antigen presentation
- Isolate B-cells following in vivo immunization for screening against diverse targets
- Perform biopanning, affinity screening, and selection of high affinity ligands using flow cytometry
- Use plate-based methods to express, purify, and characterize recombinant proteins for binding and favorable biophysical properties (expression, solubility, stability, etc.)
- Perform quantitative analysis of data and assist in the preparation of reports for the Protein Science group and other stakeholders
Learn more and apply here.
PPG Specialty Synthesis Group is seeking an entry-level Research Chemist for their process development team located in Monroeville, PA. The research chemist’s principal responsibility is developing a robust synthesis and purification method for novel OLED emitters.
- Develop scalable synthetic processes for OLED emitters that are reproducible and cost effective through a thorough scientific approach.
- Evaluate the synthesis for new emitters as they are identified. Provide samples using a commercially feasible synthetic strategy.
- Advance technology used in the laboratory to improve process development understanding and reduce cycle times (EasyMax/Optimax, EasyViewer).
- Analyze and interpret analytical results and make process changes as necessary.
- Provide support for scale up of new products by technicians in both a kilo lab and plant setting.
- Help support existing commercial as well as pre-commercial and developmental products.
- Support the use of quality tools (critical thinking, DOE, statistical analysis etc.) as applicable in the development of new processes.
- Hands-on laboratory experiments using common chemistry equipment and instruments (HPLC, UPLC, GC).
- Effectively communicates within the work team and provides clear and concise documentation of technical results.
- Works in a safe manner. Reads, understands and follows all pertinent SOPs.
- B.S. in Chemistry.
- Entry level, no industry experience required.
The Ohio State University: Newark is hiring an Organic Chemistry Lab Supervisor. The position requires a Bachelor of Science, so this may be of interest to CBC graduates.
This is a full time position. Check out this document to learn more. The job is not yet posted on Workday, so you can contact Dr. Jose Cabral (email@example.com) for more information or to apply.
The company is accepting applications for a full-time Laboratory Technical Phone Specialist in Columbus, Ohio. Accepted applicants will provide phone support to sales personnel and field service technicians, perform and document laboratory experiments, provide training to customers and colleagues, and travel to work on difficult product installations, among other duties.
This opportunity is available to graduates with a bachelor’s degree in Physical Sciences, Chemistry, Biology, or Engineering. You will also need at least two years of technical support or technical training experience, excellent customer service and communication skills, and proficiency in Microsoft Office software.
Mettler Toledo offers benefits such as medical, dental, and vision coverage, as well as a 401(k) plan, tuition reimbursement, paid time off, etc.
For a full list of duties and benefits and a link to the application, visit this site.