Southern Teachers is a teacher placement agency that seeks to place candidates with independent schools in the South. Southern Teachers will hold a Virtual Job Fair on February 5th. This event will give interested candidates the opportunity to pursue jobs at schools who are seeking new talent.
To attend this job fair, you first must be an active Southern Teachers candidate. All Southern Teachers candidates will be automatically registered for the event. If you are not yet an active candidate, you may apply here.
For more information, check out this flyer.
The National Security Agency (NSA) will hold a recruitment event on December 3, 2020 from 10:30am – 5:00pm. This event, titled Broadening Perspectives: Career Talks with NSA, will give students the opportunity to learn about a variety of NSA career fields and learn more about how the NSA contributes to the nation’s security. If you are interested in attending, please register for the event here.
Advanced Testing Laboratory (ATL) is a professional lab services company that develops testing solutions for various industries to bring products to market. They are currently hiring for an Entry Level Chemistry Position in Martinsburg, West Virginia and a Molecular Biologist position in Cincinnati, Ohio.
You may check out these job listings and more ATL job listings here.
OSU’s Center for Career and Professional Success is holding a virtual networking event on November 12 from 2:00pm-3:00pm.
At this event, students will have the opportunity to network with organizations who work with individuals with special needs. Speakers at the event with discuss the non-profit sector, the operations of non-profit organizations, and the health and wellness industry. The details of the event (including the zoom link and password) can be found here on Handshake.
Indianapolis Teaching Fellows trains students without education degrees to become excellent teachers in a variety of subjects. Their Fellows will complete an intensive summer training program and begin to teach in Fall 2021. For the first two years of teaching, you will continue to receive coaching and complete additional certification coursework.
In order to apply you must graduate with your Bachelor’s by June 1 2021, be permitted to work in the U.S., have a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA, and not be a licensed teacher.
The application deadline is October 13 2020, so apply now!
The Office of Student Life is accepting applications for Fall 2020 Peer Tutors. Peer Tutors assist students with drop-in tutoring at several locations across campus.
Peer tutors make $9.50 an hour and only have to work 4-8 hours a week. Tutoring shifts are on campus from 7-9pm on Sunday-Thursday nights, or 1pm-3pm on Tuesday-Thursday afternoons. If you have earned a B or higher in a math, chemistry, or physics class you are eligible to tutor in the subject.
More info on the job and how to apply can be found online at: https://housing.osu.edu/jobs/peer-tutors/
The application closes March 1.
Procter & Gamble is currently hiring for their Associate Scientist position in the Personal Health Care Analytical Discipline. They are seeking applicants who have their Bachelors degree in Chemistry or a related field and prefer applicants who have an understanding of digital systems, instrumental software, data modeling, and cGMP standards. If you are interested, you may find more information and apply here.
Interested in becoming a math or science teacher after graduation? Apply for Ohio University’s Noyce Teaching Fellowship Program!
As part of this program, you will:
- earn a tuition-free one year Master’s degree and teaching certification
- receive a 14,000 dollar stipend during program year
- join Ohio University’s network of STEM teaching fellows
- work with faculty and experienced mentors
- participate in STEM-related community service
- teach in a high-needs school for 4 years after completing your master’s degree and teaching certification
- receive a 11,000 dollar salary supplement during first four years teaching
Applications for 2020 will be accepted from December 1, 2019 until March 30, 2020. Apply and find more information here.
If you have further questions, please contact email@example.com.
Apply to be a General Chemistry TA in Spring 2020!
The Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry hires over 50 outstanding undergraduates per semester to teach our General Chemistry course. If you’d like to improve your content knowledge at your job, help students through problems and get teaching experience, TAing could be for you!
- Completed General Chemistry Sequence (1210/1220; 1610/1620 or 1910H/1920H) with an A or A- (preferred)
- Accumulative GPA > 3.6
- Taking Classes during Spring 2020
- No other paid student appointment during Autumn 2019 (this includes paid research)
- Salary: $12/hour
- Hours: 10-12 per week
- Responsibilities: Teach 1-3 hour lab; promptly grade assignments and prepare for teaching responsibilities, 1 weekly office hour; proctor all exams, attend weekly staff meetings and beginning of the year training beginning Sunday, January 6th. Conflicts with training should be stated on your application and be described in detail, if possible.
Apply online now! After the submission of your application, the department will reach out to you to ask you to submit a schedule. Submitting a schedule does not guarantee a position. All applications, including schedules are due by November 10th, 2019, and hiring decisions will be made in early December. Please contact the Lab Supervisors (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have questions about the application process.
KDC-One is looking to hire a full-time R&D Chemist for their Columbus team! The position is responsible for laboratory test matching, color-matching, and general laboratory project management practices.
- 18 years or older
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science or related field is preferred, but an Associate’s Degree with 2 years of experience in an R&D lab will also be considered
- Able to lift 50lbs
- SAP experience desired
- Knowledge of current practices and procedures in an analytical laboratory
For more details on the job posting, you can check out the listing on their LinkedIn page or you can apply on their website.