Interested in becoming a math or science teacher after graduation? Apply for Ohio University’s Noyce Teaching Fellowship Program!
As part of this program, you will:
- earn a tuition-free one year Master’s degree and teaching certification
- receive a 14,000 dollar stipend during program year
- join Ohio University’s network of STEM teaching fellows
- work with faculty and experienced mentors
- participate in STEM-related community service
- teach in a high-needs school for 4 years after completing your master’s degree and teaching certification
- receive a 11,000 dollar salary supplement during first four years teaching
Applications for 2020 will be accepted from December 1, 2019 until March 30, 2020. Apply and find more information here.
If you have further questions, please contact email@example.com.
Apply to be a General Chemistry TA in Spring 2020!
The Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry hires over 50 outstanding undergraduates per semester to teach our General Chemistry course. If you’d like to improve your content knowledge at your job, help students through problems and get teaching experience, TAing could be for you!
- Completed General Chemistry Sequence (1210/1220; 1610/1620 or 1910H/1920H) with an A or A- (preferred)
- Accumulative GPA > 3.6
- Taking Classes during Spring 2020
- No other paid student appointment during Autumn 2019 (this includes paid research)
- Salary: $12/hour
- Hours: 10-12 per week
- Responsibilities: Teach 1-3 hour lab; promptly grade assignments and prepare for teaching responsibilities, 1 weekly office hour; proctor all exams, attend weekly staff meetings and beginning of the year training beginning Sunday, January 6th. Conflicts with training should be stated on your application and be described in detail, if possible.
Apply online now! After the submission of your application, the department will reach out to you to ask you to submit a schedule. Submitting a schedule does not guarantee a position. All applications, including schedules are due by November 10th, 2019, and hiring decisions will be made in early December. Please contact the Lab Supervisors (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have questions about the application process.
KDC-One is looking to hire a full-time R&D Chemist for their Columbus team! The position is responsible for laboratory test matching, color-matching, and general laboratory project management practices.
- 18 years or older
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science or related field is preferred, but an Associate’s Degree with 2 years of experience in an R&D lab will also be considered
- Able to lift 50lbs
- SAP experience desired
- Knowledge of current practices and procedures in an analytical laboratory
For more details on the job posting, you can check out the listing on their LinkedIn page or you can apply on their website.
Entegris is a global leader in materials science, and is looking for a B.S. or M.S. level Chemist to join their team in Burnet, TX! Entegris synthesizes and works with high purity chemical vapor deposition precursors for the semiconductor industry; this position would work on a team with experiences such as schlenk line techniques and air-sensitive chemistry. In this role, a candidate will work closely with their Senior Scientist and with other senior team members to support new product development and product release.
- Bachelors degree in chemistry or related field;
- Previous manufacturing experience;
- Previous chemical handling experience;
- Knowledge of inventory management;
- Knowledge of ISO 9001, ISO 45000;
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs;
- Ability to gain respirator certification and wear proper PPE as required
If you are interested in learning more about this position or would like to apply, check out their website listing for more information.
Siegwerk is seeking applicants for a Quality Control Technician position at their office in Des Moines, Iowa. In this position, you will perform testing throughout the production process and evaluate data to maintain the quality of Siegwerk products. Main job responsibilities include testing and inspecting products at various stages of the production process, as well as compiling and evaluating data to determine and maintain quality and reliability of our ink and other products.
Siegwerk is looking for individuals who have previous experience in a lab, understanding of chemistry, as well as an understanding of related raw materials, ink systems, production processes, and equipment. You can find out more about the requirements and responsibilities required for this job and apply here!
Medix is a staffing organization that is currently seeking applicants for four positions.
Medix is seeking recent graduates of undergraduate and graduate school with degrees in chemistry or biochemistry to fill a chemist position. They are looking for individuals with good multi-tasking skills and strong leadership skills. In this position, you will carry out testing on raw materials and finished products that requires use of wet chemistry and analytical chemistry techniques. Find more information and apply here.
Pre-Clinical Lab Technician
Medix is also looking for recent graduates of undergraduate school with degrees in biology, microbiology, food science, chemistry, animal science, veterinary science and other scientific disciplines to fill a position as a pre-clinical entry-level lab technician. They are seeking applicants who are experienced in scientific techniques and instrumentation. Find more information and apply here.
Medix is also seeking applicants who are recent graduates of undergraduate school to fill a QA Coordinator position. For this position, Medix would like applicants with QA auditing experience, QMS experience, ISO experience, and CAPA experience. Find out more about the requirements for this position and apply here.
Medix is seeking to fill a field chemist position with candidates who recently earned undergraduate degrees in chemistry, environmental science, or related sciences. As a field chemist, you will be identifying, packaging, and labeling hazardous waste while complying with internal procedures and environmental regulations. For this position you will need to be willing to travel, as extensive travel in the northeast is required. Find out more and apply here.
The Department of Materials Science and Engineering has an immediate need for an undergraduate student to assist in a project directed towards the polymer modification and synthesis of bio-sensing materials for biomedical applications.
Some experience with organic chemistry is preferred along with an availability of about 20 hours per week.
If interested, please contact Professor John Lannutti at Lannutti.email@example.com.
Lubrizol is a global supplier of chemical additives. They are currently looking to fill a chemist position. In this position, you will prepare chemical products, work to develop new technology, document and communicate research results, and comply with Lubrizol’s safety programs and procedures.
Lubrizol is seeking applicants with the following qualifications:
- B.S. in chemistry
- 2 year minimum experience in lab setting
- experience in the synthesis and characterization of compounds
OMNOVA’s leadership development program gives you the opportunity to launch your career and take on business challenges.
You may be interested in the Technology and Engineering Career Development Path if you wish to pursue a career in engineering, science, or technology.
OMNOVA is seeking candidates who are highly-motivated, results-oriented, and have strategic thinking and leadership skills with the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s in Polymer Science, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or similar fields.
- For Research & Development positions, Masters or PhD is preferred.
- At least one year of experience within a manufacturing setting.
- Must be willing and able to relocate within the U.S. based on assignment location and/or travel internationally.
Apply here! Applications must be submitted before Sunday, May 5th at 12:00 pm. OMNOVA will conduct interviews on Monday, May 6th or 7th, so apply as soon as possible. If they choose to interview you, you will receive a message at 12:00pm on Sunday.
OMNOVA will hold a company information session on Monday, May 6th from 1:30 pm-3:30 pm. See the 2019 Industry Day calendar for more details. You may share your resume at this information session and get an interview, but there are only 6 interview slots on May 7th.
The Ohio Water Microbiology Laboratory at The Ohio-Kentucky-Indiana Water Science Center of the U.S. Geological Survey in Columbus, Ohio is in need of a student contractor. This student would assist with analyzing water samples using molecular methods for DNA from specific animal hosts (for microbial source tracking, as well as DNA from bacteria responsible for harmful algal blooms and toxin production. This position will start immediately and can be full-time or part-time during the school year and then full-time during the summer. Student will be expected to assist in sample receipt, log in, and initial processing steps, as well as perform other duties.
Students who wish to apply should have an advanced knowledge of molecular biology and/or microbiology, as well as experience with molecular techniques through course work and/or previous related lab experiences. Compensation is $21.32 per hour if above criteria are met.
Interested students should contact Amie Brady, firstname.lastname@example.org, 614-430-7760. More Information regarding the position is available.