Are you an undergraduate student studying the physical sciences?
The Conference for Undergraduate Women in Physical Sciences (WoPhyS ’16) is for you!
ALL undergraduate students with research interests in all areas of the physical sciences are invited to attend WoPhyS’16 in October. From their page,
“Note that while this conference aims especially to promote the work of women in the physical sciences, we invite all undergraduate and graduate researchers from physics, chemistry, engineering, astronomy, and related STEM disciplines to attend, and to present their research during poster sessions.”
WoPhyS ’16 will be held Thursday, October 27 – Saturday, October 29, 2016 on the campus of the University of Nebraska-Lincoln.
Participants will have opportunities to:
- Present research accomplishments to peers and the academic community
- Attend scientific plenary talks given by invited scientists
- Participate in graduate school preparation workshops
- Interact with science students and faculty from other universities
- Tour facilities and labs, including the Nebraska Center for Materials and Nanoscience
Registration for WoPhyS ’16 is available online, along with details about the conference location and accommodations. There is no registration fee and all local costs are covered. Travel scholarships are available for undergraduates who present a talk or poster.
This will be an opportunity to get your undergraduate research presented to people with similar interests and career paths as yours, as well as give you a taste of the broad spectrum of specialization within physical sciences!