The University of Oregon is accepting applications for their Masters Internship Program in Electrochemical Technologies. This program has a focus on clean-energy transitions, developing technologies for climate change mitigation, and provides interdisciplinary knowledge that will help tackle many of the worlds biggest challenges.
This program includes 6-months of accelerated coursework and professional development, followed by 9 months in a paid internship in industry or national laboratories. This program thus gives students a great foundation of knowledge and a start to a long-term career. Students who complete the program can also pursue an accelerated PhD timeline.
The internship program is open to students in a wide variety of backgrounds such as chemistry, physics, biology, engineering, and more with a BS/BA.
For a possible waived application fee, please send an unofficial transcript and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
More information can be found at their website, including curriculum, housing, and scholarships.
The Department of Neurological Surgery is seeking up to 4 candidates to join a new, innovative post-baccalaureate training program. Candidates will be matched to leading investigators at College of Medicine for a two-year, full-time, paid research position. These positions are ideal for new grads with plans to pursue medical school, graduate school, or careers in research. Details about the program and research labs are available in the job posting.
Applicants should complete both the workday job posting AND program application before Sunday, May 1 at 11:59pm to be considered.
Oakwood Labs has a Chemical/Biomedical Engineer position open for recent or soon-to be chemistry graduates. It is an entry-level opportunity for those interested in working at a technology-based pharmaceutical company.
The roles of this position include…
- Perform pre-formulation laboratory experiments and studies
- Perform process scale-up from laboratory to pilot laboratory
- Perform process scale-up from pilot laboratory to manufacturing facility
- Work on technology transfer activities
The application deadline is December 31, 2022. More information and how to apply can be found here.
Applications are now open for Carnegie Mellon’s Data Analytics for Science Immersion Experience! This 10-day experience will take place from June 5th to June 14th. This workshop is in partnership with Microsoft and DOW and will allow students to work with faculty from the Mellon College of Science. The program also aims to support students from underrepresented groups.
Opportunities through this program include:
- Data analytic seminars, providing training in modern bioinformatics
- Meet with and ask questions to partners from Microsoft and DOW
- Tour DOW headquarters in Michigan
Room and board are provided along with travel expenses and a $500 stipend.
Applications are due April 15th. Applications, along with more information can be found here.
Application Deadline: April 7th, 2022 at 11:59 PM
Chemistry and Biochemistry Club is currently accepting applications for all executive board positions for the 2022 – 2023 academic year. A position on the executive board provides an opportunity to make connections with other individuals interested in chemistry and biochemistry, gain leadership experience and work closely with the department. You do not have to be a Chemistry or Biochemistry major, nor be an upperclassman, to run for a position. If interested, you are highly encouraged to apply to support the club and enhance your resumé!
Available positions are President, Vice President, Treasurer, Secretary, and Social Chair. Details about each position are available on the application.
If you are interested, please apply here by the deadline, TONIGHT at 11:59 PM. The application is brief, so don’t hesitate!
Voting will take place by Chemistry and Biochemistry Club from Friday, April 8 through Wednesday, April 20. Results of the election will be shared on Thursday, April 21.
If you have questions or would like to join the mailing list for updates on club activities, you may reach out via email to current president Rosemary, email@example.com, or on social media (https://www.instagram.com/chemclub_osu).
Application Deadline: May 9th, 2022
The Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry is currently accepting applications for General Chemistry TA positions for Autumn 2022. A TA position provides the opportunity to improve your knowledge, gain teaching experience, and help students.
In order to apply, you must meet the following criteria:
- Completed General Chemistry Sequence (1210/1220; 1610/1620; or 1910H/1920H) with an A or A- (preferred)
- Cumulative GPA > 3.2
- Enrolled in classes during Autumn 2022
- No other paid monthly student appointment during Autumn 2022 (this includes paid research)
Appointment details are as follows:
- Salary: $12/hour
- Hours: 10-12/week
- Responsibilities: teach one 3-hour lab; grade assignments and prepare for teaching responsibilities; 1 office hour/week; proctor all exams; attend weekly staff meeting
Training will take place in August during business hours. Please describe any potential conflicts with training on your application.
If you are interested, you may apply here. https://go.osu.edu/au22gcta
After you submit an application, you will be asked to submit a schedule. This does not guarantee a TA position. If your schedule changes, please update it by July 1st. If you make a change to your schedule after this date, you will be responsible for switching your assignment with another TA or forfeit your position.
Applications and schedules are due by 11:59 pm on May 9th, 2022. Hiring decisions will be made by late July.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Spaces are filling up, but there is still time to secure your seat at the following events geared specifically toward STEM students like you! These events offer prime opportunities to engage in skill-building, expand professional networks and learn about career opportunities.
Click on the links below to register or learn more about each event.
- Wed, April 6 | Sarepta Therapeutics Mock Interviews/Resume Review – This is a great, low-stakes opportunity to obtain feedback on your interview skills or your resume from an HR professional in the biotech space.
- Thurs, April 7 | Vorys and Careers Bridging Science and Law, 11:30am (in person). You will learn about how your science or engineering background makes you a prime candidate for a career in patent law (no JD required). This is open to postdocs, grad and undergraduate students.
- Thurs, April 14 | Andelyn Biosciences: Biotech Leaders in Your Backyard, 5pm (in person). This info session is geared toward both undergraduate and graduate students in biology and related fields and will take you behind the scenes of this fast-growing Columbus-based biotech company. Presenters include scientists and HR reps.
Questions? Reach out to Addie Cheney at email@example.com.
Nesco Research is currently hiring an Organic Chemist at their Lockbourne, OH location. This position is for a lead role in kilogram-scale manufacture of specialty chemicals including dyes and dye intermediates.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited too, chemical process monitoring and control, crude product purification, spectroscopy, quality control, and specialty chemical production on kilogram scales.
Qualifications include a Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry and 5 years experience in kilo lab. Preferred Qualifications also include an MS in Organic Chemistry, as well as expertise in handling chemicals and with analytical equipment.
Experience with operation of analytical instruments including Liquid and Gas Chromatography, Mass Spectrometry, and NMR.
The job is listed here.