If you are looking for a career or internship, consider attending the Ohio State University Spring Career Fair! This event is intended to help students and recent graduates network and learn about career opportunities. There will be employers recruiting for business and technical functions as well as science and technology careers.
Current students must bring a valid BuckID to enter the fair. Recent graduates must drop off a copy of their resumes at the registration desk upon arrival.
The career fair will take place on January 21, 2020 from 11:30 am-4:30 pm in the Performance Hall and the Grand Ballroom in the Ohio Union.
See flyer for more information.
Interested in becoming a math or science teacher after graduation? Apply for Ohio University’s Noyce Teaching Fellowship Program!
As part of this program, you will:
- earn a tuition-free one year Master’s degree and teaching certification
- receive a 14,000 dollar stipend during program year
- join Ohio University’s network of STEM teaching fellows
- work with faculty and experienced mentors
- participate in STEM-related community service
- teach in a high-needs school for 4 years after completing your master’s degree and teaching certification
- receive a 11,000 dollar salary supplement during first four years teaching
Applications for 2020 will be accepted from December 1, 2019 until March 30, 2020. Apply and find more information here.
If you have further questions, please contact email@example.com.
Apply to be a General Chemistry TA in Spring 2020!
The Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry hires over 50 outstanding undergraduates per semester to teach our General Chemistry course. If you’d like to improve your content knowledge at your job, help students through problems and get teaching experience, TAing could be for you!
- Completed General Chemistry Sequence (1210/1220; 1610/1620 or 1910H/1920H) with an A or A- (preferred)
- Accumulative GPA > 3.6
- Taking Classes during Spring 2020
- No other paid student appointment during Autumn 2019 (this includes paid research)
- Salary: $12/hour
- Hours: 10-12 per week
- Responsibilities: Teach 1-3 hour lab; promptly grade assignments and prepare for teaching responsibilities, 1 weekly office hour; proctor all exams, attend weekly staff meetings and beginning of the year training beginning Sunday, January 6th. Conflicts with training should be stated on your application and be described in detail, if possible.
Apply online now! After the submission of your application, the department will reach out to you to ask you to submit a schedule. Submitting a schedule does not guarantee a position. All applications, including schedules are due by November 10th, 2019, and hiring decisions will be made in early December. Please contact the Lab Supervisors (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have questions about the application process.
Southern Teachers Agency is beginning a new season of recruiting for the 2020-2021 school year! Southern Teachers Agency was founded in 1902 and is the oldest placement agency for educators in the country, and its services are free.
If you are interested in a chemistry teaching position, especially in the southern United States, Southern Teachers Agency can help you find the right fit. Candidates for the teaching positions do not necessarily need teacher certification to work in private/independent schools. To learn more and apply, you can visit their website.
The Ohio State University’s Autumn 2019 Career and Internship Fair is quickly approaching! The event will occur on Tuesday, Septemeber 17 and Wednesday, September 18 from noon to 4 p.m. in the Ohio Union. There will also be an Interview Day on Thursday, September 19 if applicable.
Join us for our university-wide career fair connecting students across all majors, graduate programs and degree levels with employers seeking to recruit for career employment, internships, and co-ops.
More information about the event and the employers that are attending can be found on the Buckeye Careers website here.
Never been to a career and internship fair before? The Office of Student Life will be putting on several preparatory events leading up to the career fair for students! These events span from what to wear and what to expect, to best practices from applying to specific fields, and everything in between to help students and recent alumni land their ideal internship or position. More information about these events can be found on Handshake and here.
Medpace is a Clinical Research Organization with a variety of open research positions. Medpace will host an event to showcase research opportunities within their organization on Wednesday, August 28th from 5:00 pm-7:00 pm. If you are interested in a career in research, RSVP by contacting Faith Bickel at email@example.com. Details of location will be provided upon RSVP.
KDC-One is looking to hire a full-time R&D Chemist for their Columbus team! The position is responsible for laboratory test matching, color-matching, and general laboratory project management practices.
- 18 years or older
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science or related field is preferred, but an Associate’s Degree with 2 years of experience in an R&D lab will also be considered
- Able to lift 50lbs
- SAP experience desired
- Knowledge of current practices and procedures in an analytical laboratory
For more details on the job posting, you can check out the listing on their LinkedIn page or you can apply on their website.
The company is accepting applications for a full-time Laboratory Technical Phone Specialist in Columbus, Ohio. Accepted applicants will provide phone support to sales personnel and field service technicians, perform and document laboratory experiments, provide training to customers and colleagues, and travel to work on difficult product installations, among other duties.
This opportunity is available to graduates with a bachelor’s degree in Physical Sciences, Chemistry, Biology, or Engineering. You will also need at least two years of technical support or technical training experience, excellent customer service and communication skills, and proficiency in Microsoft Office software.
Mettler Toledo offers benefits such as medical, dental, and vision coverage, as well as a 401(k) plan, tuition reimbursement, paid time off, etc.
For a full list of duties and benefits and a link to the application, visit this site.
Are you interested in improving student success in STEM?
As a research assistant, you will have an opportunity to:
- interview and survey students of color in chemistry
- examine their experiences at Ohio State
- develop research reports to share with the OSU community
- present findings at local conferences
This is an exciting opportunity to engage in research and promote change at Ohio State! There are two positions available. The time commitment is 10 hrs/week and the salary is $13/hr.
If you are interested in working on this research, contact Dr. Jennifer Collins at firstname.lastname@example.org or 614-292-6512.
Entegris is a global leader in materials science, and is looking for a B.S. or M.S. level Chemist to join their team in Burnet, TX! Entegris synthesizes and works with high purity chemical vapor deposition precursors for the semiconductor industry; this position would work on a team with experiences such as schlenk line techniques and air-sensitive chemistry. In this role, a candidate will work closely with their Senior Scientist and with other senior team members to support new product development and product release.
- Bachelors degree in chemistry or related field;
- Previous manufacturing experience;
- Previous chemical handling experience;
- Knowledge of inventory management;
- Knowledge of ISO 9001, ISO 45000;
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs;
- Ability to gain respirator certification and wear proper PPE as required
If you are interested in learning more about this position or would like to apply, check out their website listing for more information.