The NIH-funded Discovery Post-baccalaureate Research Education Program (PREP) at The Ohio State University College of Medicine is excited to announce a virtual information session on December 15 at 7pm. During the event, Dr. Candice Askwith, Faculty Director of Discovery PREP, will introduce Discovery PREP and answer questions.
The Discovery PREP program is designed to help prepare recent baccalaureate graduates for success in pursuit of a career as a biomedical scientist. Individuals from groups underrepresented in the biomedical workforce are strongly encouraged to apply, including students from racial and ethnic groups shown to be underrepresented nationally and individuals with disabilities.
Discovery PREP provides individuals with the opportunity to obtain the intensive research experience necessary to gain admission to, and succeed in, a Biomedical PhD program. The program is a competitive, one-year PREP that provides:
- A PAID research experience in a laboratory with a research mentor in Neuroscience, Cancer Biology, Microbiology, Bioinformatics, Immunology, or Physiology.
- Individual mentoring
- Assistance with application preparation for PhD graduate programs
- Orientation and social activities
- Seminars and journal clubs
- Career development workshops
- Opportunities to travel and network with scientists throughout the nation
To register for the virtual info session, submit this form. A Zoom link will be sent once your registration has been received. If you have any questions or require additional information about the program or this event, please reach out to Discovery.PREP@osumc.edu.