Southern Teachers works with 650 K-12 private/independent, college-preparatory schools around the South. These schools list thousands of jobs throughout the year with Southern Teachers to find great educators to join their school communities.
In light of the ever-changing job market, Southern Teachers works diligently to maintain and foster new relationships with member schools to know their hiring needs.
Southern Teachers is still looking for candidates who are:
- passionate about science and hold a strong academic record
- enthusiastic about working with kids
- looking to be part of a collaborative and engaging environment
If you are interested in a chemistry teaching position, especially in the southern United States, Southern Teachers Agency can help you find the right fit. Candidates for the teaching positions do not necessarily need teacher certification to work in private/independent schools. To learn more and apply, you can visit their website.
As students move off campus for the duration of the semester and the summer, CCSS has shifted to virtual meetings. Career counselors are available via Zoom during normal business hours, and can provide all the services students are used to, just virtually. Typical one-on-one career sessions focus on three main areas:
- The Job/Graduate School Search campaign: CCSS can help students with their job search, resumes/cover letters, interviewing and with personal statements for graduate school.
- Career Exploration: CCSS helps students explore their background, interests and values, as well as information about careers they are interested in. This information assists students when deciding which direction they want to head for their major or after graduation.
- Career Counseling: CCSS works with students who know where they want to go and how to get there, but there’s often times something in the way. They’ll assist with potential barriers that they might be facing as they move forward.
To make an appointment, students can call 614-688-3898 to get matched up with a career counselor. Students who are graduating in spring semester are eligible to use CCSS services up to three times in the semester following graduation.