First Solar in Perrysburg, OH is looking to hire a full-time Chemist Specialist I to their team. First Solar is one of the leading global manufacturers and providers of comprehensive photovoltaic (PV) systems using advanced thin module and system technology, and has developed, financed, engineered, and operated some of the world’s largest and most successful PV power plants in existence.
Some Requirements include:
- At least 3 years experience in an analytical lab environment/academic equivalent
- Experience involving polymer analysis, thermal analysis, and wet chemistry preferred
- Associate’s Degree in Chemistry or related field required, BA or BS in Chemistry or related field preferred
- General knowledge in laboratory procedures (prepare samples, perform analyses, handle toxic/flammable materials, etc.)
More specific job descriptions, skill/competency requirements, and details on applying can be found here.
Lubrizol is a global supplier of chemical additives. They are currently looking to fill a chemist position. In this position, you will prepare chemical products, work to develop new technology, document and communicate research results, and comply with Lubrizol’s safety programs and procedures.
Lubrizol is seeking applicants with the following qualifications:
- B.S. in chemistry
- 2 year minimum experience in lab setting
- experience in the synthesis and characterization of compounds
OMNOVA’s leadership development program gives you the opportunity to launch your career and take on business challenges.
You may be interested in the Technology and Engineering Career Development Path if you wish to pursue a career in engineering, science, or technology.
OMNOVA is seeking candidates who are highly-motivated, results-oriented, and have strategic thinking and leadership skills with the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s in Polymer Science, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or similar fields.
- For Research & Development positions, Masters or PhD is preferred.
- At least one year of experience within a manufacturing setting.
- Must be willing and able to relocate within the U.S. based on assignment location and/or travel internationally.
Apply here! Applications must be submitted before Sunday, May 5th at 12:00 pm. OMNOVA will conduct interviews on Monday, May 6th or 7th, so apply as soon as possible. If they choose to interview you, you will receive a message at 12:00pm on Sunday.
OMNOVA will hold a company information session on Monday, May 6th from 1:30 pm-3:30 pm. See the 2019 Industry Day calendar for more details. You may share your resume at this information session and get an interview, but there are only 6 interview slots on May 7th.
Are you looking for a summer job? How about one in the fields of organic and inorganic synthesis!
Universal Technology Corporation is looking to hire a current student do be a research chemist over the summer at their Composites Branch within the Materials and Manufacturing Directorate of the Air Force Research Laboratory at Wright-Patterson Air base in Ohio.
Interested students should have working knowledge and hands-on experience in…
- traditional and state-of-the-art techniques for the synthesis
- reaction optimization
- characterization of organic and inorganic small molecules
- S. citizenship
- Current student (B.S., M.S. or Ph.D.) in chemistry
- Research in chemical synthesis, reaction optimization, and characterization
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Research publications in peer-reviewed journals and professional society conference presentations are a plus.
- Team-oriented approach, but capable of independent work
- Willingness to expand scientific knowledge base through interdisciplinary research
Participate in the University of Kentucky (UK) Undergraduate Research in Chemistry Regional Poster Competition!
The competition will be held Friday, April 19, 2019, in the Jacobs Science Building on UK’s Campus. This event allows undergraduate researchers to showcase their research and network with other undergraduate researchers from around the region.
Posters can be set up beginning at 11:30 am and the poster competition will begin at 12:00 pm. Awards will be announced at 3:30 pm with prizes given for first place, second place, and honorable mention awards.
Registration for the competition is free, and students may register online by Friday, March 29, 2019, here.
Application Deadline: February 8th, 2019
The Center for Selective C-H Functionalization (CCHF) is currently accepting applications for their Chemistry Summer Undergraduate Research Program (CSURP) for 2019. The program provides an opportunity for undergraduate students with an interest in the chemical sciences to conduct research with a faculty mentor in one of CCHF’s 15 partnership research laboratories across the country.
The program highlights:
- Engage in innovative, cutting edge research
- Interact with prominent leaders in the field
- Receive a competitive stipend (up to $5000)
- Receive campus housing or a housing allowance
- Attend seminars, workshops, career planning sessions, and other professional development opportunities
The program runs from mid-May to mid-August.
You’re encouraged to apply if you are:
- Currently enrolled as a degree-seeking undergraduate at a U.S. institution of higher education
- A U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- In good academic standing
- Someone with interest in the field of C-H Functionalization (No previous research experience is required!)
- Someone with interest in synthetic organic chemistry
- A chemistry, biochemistry, or chemical engineering major
You can apply online at their website here.
Owens Corning Granville S&T has an opening for a technician level analyst to work in The Corporate Analytical Laboratory. This position is in a corporate lab that services the technical needs of all of OC’s business units around the globe. The position includes routine and non-routine sample preparation along with completing qualitative and quantitative chemical analyses on a wide range of materials. This will include the characterization of various raw materials used to make the products as well as the finished product itself.
- 4 year college degree in a hard science, B.S. in Chemistry or B.S. in Materials/Mechanical Engineering preferred
- experience working in a chemical laboratory with various analytical or QC instrumentation
For more information, refer to this flyer for who to contact and where to apply.
Chemical Abstract Services (CAS) is looking for eager students to apply for their part-time information specialist positions! CAS is a division of the American Chemical Society (ACS) and works to solve challenges in business, content, technology, and resources to drive scientific discovery forward.
This position offers flexible hours for students and the opportunity to work hands-on with chemical information.
- Sophomore standing in Biochemistry, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or related major
- At least one completed Organic Chemistry course
- Availability for 12-18 months
- Excellent organizational, reading comprehension, problem-solving, self-management, and communication skills
If interested, you can apply here. CAS is looking to hire for work over Winter Break, however, they will also accept applications for students who cannot start until the beginning of next semester.