This is a student organization focused on fostering a community of students interested in biotechnology.
- Hosts undergraduate run meetings to start dialogues around different subjects of biotechnology
- Networks with professors and startup companies in biotechnology
- Hosts joint events with startups in the area
The organization is looking to fill leadership positions. This opportunity is open to anyone, including but not limited to underclassmen.
Reach out to Meyer.email@example.com with any general questions, or if you are interested in a leadership position.
More information on this organization can be found here. The organization also has a Discord that you can join here.
Applications are open for the Marine Sciences Summer Program at the University of Delaware. This program is for undergraduate students in STEM. Under the guidance of a faculty mentor, interns work in a research-intensive atmosphere on a topic in chemical, physical, or biological oceanography or marine biology/geology/ biogeochemistry. Interns will also have the chance to present reports at the end of the program.
This summer program is 10 weeks and will run from Monday, June 6 to Friday, August 12.
This program includes
- Opportunities to conduct guided research on marine science, weekly research seminars, professional development presentations, and field trips to nearby coastal marine systems
- A free housing complex for interns with a washer, dryer, AC, and Wi-Fi
- $6, 500 stipend and travel assistance
The application can be found here and more information can be found here. Applications are due by February 11, 2022.
With any further questions, you can contact this email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Medpace, a clinical research organization based in Cincinnati, has opened an entry level Laboratory Project Coordinator position for applications. Medpace has connections to the biotechnology, pharmaceutical and medical device industries. Medpace is dedicated to developing ground-breaking drugs and technology.
As a Lab Project Coordinator, job responsibilities will include:
- Creating and maintaining laboratory manuals
- Develop and present clinical laboratory presentations
- Design and monitor production of specimen collection kits
- Communicate protocols between departments
- Write and revise Standard Operating Procedures
Medpace is looking for applicants with a science or health related Bachelor’s degree, good communication skills, and prefer laboratory experience.
Applications are available at, as well as more information regarding the job listing and Medpace here.
Applications for CRISSP (CHOP (Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia) Research Institute Summer Scholars Program) are now open. This is a 10 week program designed to inspire undergraduate students to pursue careers in pediatric research and academic medicine. The program runs from 06/06/2022 to 08/12/2022.
This program includes…
- Training in theoretical knowledge and research and critical exposure to pediatric-focused career trajectories under the direct mentorship of CHOP faculty
- Multiple opportunities for clinical shadowing (if allowable)
- Broad exposure to biomedical research careers
- $5,000 stipend and free housing in local dorms
A flyer can be found here.
The application deadline is January 31, 2022. The application along with more information can be found here.
Any further questions can be sent to the following email: email@example.com.
Advanced Drainage Systems, Inc. based in Hilliard, Ohio is currently looking for chemistry majors and other qualified undergraduates for their Materials Science intern position. This internship is a great opportunity to gain real-world experience in the Materials Technology field and work with water and drainage systems.
While working with the Advanced Drainage Systems, Inc. interns will help develop next generation plastics to help assist with water handling challenges. This will include working alongside engineers to study materials performance and development.
Specific roles will include:
- Literature review regarding specific project areas
- Hands-on lab work processing and testing materials
- Recording test and lab observations, data interpretation, and present results
Qualifications include, but not limited to:
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Communication and analytical skills
- Microsoft Office skills
- Preferred Materials Science/Engineering, Chemical Engineering, or Chemistry majors
- Preferred prior experience working in lab setting with sensitive equipment
- Graduate or Undergraduate standing with at least two years completed in qualifying majors
Applications are due May 15, 2022. To apply or find more information, such as salary details, please visit the Handshake job positing at this link.
Applications have officially opened for summer 2022 Undergraduate Research positions at Vanderbilt University in Nanoscience and Nanoengineering. The program focuses on interdisciplinary nanoscale research in the areas of chemistry, physics, biology, and engineering. The program holds a 76% success rate for participants attending graduate school following the program, as well as receiving a variety of awards and honors.
Undergraduates will interact with faculty members from the School of Engineering, College of Arts and Science, and the School of Medicine, in addition to working directly with Vanderbilt Institute for Nanoscale Science and Engineering faculty members and research groups. Program participants will also participate in hands on research, have science outreach opportunities, and attend seminars and workshops.
The program offers a $5,000 stipend, $500 travel allowance, and includes room and board.
Applications are due on Tuesday, February 15th.
For more information and to apply, visit the VINSE website.
The University of North Texas Chemistry Department now has applications open for their summer 2022 NSF-REU (Research Experience for Undergraduates) program. Research areas include analytical, inorganic, organic, and physical chemistry, often overlapping the areas. This program also offers collaboration amongst research groups, as well as training in science communication and interaction with field-active researchers.
- Housing accommodations
- $5,000 stipend
- 10 weeks, beginning May 31
Applications are due February 15, 2022 and can be found here, along with more information.
A flyer can be found here.
With further questions, you can reach out to this email.
The University of Cincinnati’s College of Medicine is accepting applications for their doctoral program in the Department of Molecular Genetics, Biochemistry, and Microbiology for the Fall 2022 Semester.
This graduate program offers the opportunity for full financial support, such as tuition, a stipend, and health insurance while students engage in course work and dissertation research studies. The program can be expected to take five years, with a minimum of three years, with full focus on research after the first two years.
Application requirements include:
- $65 application fee
- Bachelor’s degree before July 1
- GPA of at least 3.2
- Personal Statement
- 3 letters of recommendation
- Additional requirements found here
An overview of the program can be found at this link.
Be sure to apply before December 15, 2021.
GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) Medicinal Chemistry located in Upper Providence, PA is looking for Medicinal Chemistry interns for the summer of 2022. This will involve a focus on organic synthesis and modern industrial and chemical technologies. Students will partner with GSK’s researchers to design and synthesize drug molecules for development. This will provide experience in organic chemistry and teach medical chemistry problem-solving skills.
Position Details Include:
- Accurate record keeping
- Thin layer and flash chromatography
- Basic NMR and mass spectroscopy interpretation
- Pursing a BS/BA in chemistry or equivalent field
- Available 35-40 hours a week for 12 weeks through the months of May-August
- Experience with basic NMR interpretation and mass spectroscopy
- Experience with purification and isolation of organic molecules
The application and details can be found on their website, as well as a full range of opportunities.
The specific position id: IN-4450549383
The Scripps Institution of Oceanography has opened applications for their Summer ’22 Internships. This is a 10 week research program in the fields of marine science and technology at Scripp’s Marine Physical Laboratory. This is a paid internship for undergraduate students currently majoring in physics, applied mathematics, chemistry, biology, engineering, geology and related majors. There are a variety of research areas offered such as:
- Physical Oceanography
- Population and Community Ecology
- Acoustics and Infrasound
- Ocean-Atmosphere interactions
This program will be based in La Jolla, California, beginning in June of 2022.
Applications are due at 4pm Pacific time on January 14, 2022.
More information can be found at their website, including eligibility and the application process, here.
Additional questions can be sent via email.