2021 Dates: October 28-29, 2021
The Michigan Chemistry Opportunities for Research and Education (M-CORE) program invites ~20 highly qualified prospective students to the University of Michigan Chemistry Department for a virtual visit to explore the Chemistry graduate program. You will not only get to interact with faculty, staff, and current graduate students informally, you also have an opportunity to explore virtually the chemistry building, labs, and Ann Arbor area.
M-CORE participants will:
- Meet research faculty and current graduate students
- Hear research presentations by Chemistry students
- Learn about UM cutting-edge research facilities and the University campus
- Get patent advice on how to assemble a competitive graduate school application
For more details, please visit the program’s webpage at M|CORE Program | UM LSA Chemistry. Questions can be emailed to email@example.com. There will be a virtual info session in September, where you can learn more about the program directly from faculty and previous M-CORE participants.
M-CORE is specifically seeking juniors and seniors from from backgrounds traditionally underrepresented in the chemical sciences.
Applications are currently being accepted. Apply by Monday, October 4, 2021.
Join UM Pharmacy TOMORROW, February 10th from 4:30-5pm for a Zoom info session to learn more about the Interdisciplinary REU Program and the Pharmacy Scholars Program. RSVP here.
The Pharmacy Scholars Program (PSP) is a unique summer pre-pharmacy program open to college juniors, seniors, recent graduates, and individuals thinking about a career transition to pharmacy school.
The PSP is a four week virtual boot camp that provides coursework and activities that prepare students to be confident in the interview process, and first year pharmacy school courses. It also introduces them to faculty and administrators in the College, and exposes participants to the variety of career options one has with a PharmD degree. During the program you will have an opportunity to:
- Attend admission information sessions
- Receive one-on-one academic advising
- Hear from a variety of faculty and student guest speakers
- Explore various careers in pharmacy
- Be mentored by current students
- Review coursework in topics such as chemistry, math, and calculations
- Be exposed to first year pharmacy school courses and more
- Receive advice on writing a CV and personal statement
- Receive a stipend!
The February 22 application deadline is approaching quickly! Visit the website to learn more and apply.