Poultry orders for market turkeys, market chickens and market ducks are due April 15. Payment must be included. An order card can be printed from: https://washington.osu.edu/program-areas/4-h-youth-development/washington-county-4-h-forms
Or here: 2021 Poultry Order Postcard
This form applies to all livestock projects (market or breeding) in which the animal(s) is housed away from the exhibitor’s home.
Housing away from home is defined as ‘any amount of time where an animal(s) is taken care of away from the exhibitor’s home location with the exception of shows/exhibitions.
If the animal is shown in another exhibition, the exhibitor must not show a breeding project as a market project or visa versa.
Cooperator is defined as ‘the owner/operator of the facility where the animal(s) will be housed.’
Any exhibitor found to be housing their animal away from home without a completed form will loose the right to show and sell any project at the Waterford, Washington County, and Barlow Fairs for the duration of the project year.
Form is due to the Extension Office, 202 Davis Ave., Marietta, no later than 4:30pm on April 15th of the project year. One form each year per project.
Click here for form: Livestock Housing Agreement
10:00 this Saturday (April 3) the Washington County Fairboard will be having a community service opportunity. Volunteers are needed to help clean up leaves and sticks around the fairgrounds. Bring gloves, rakes and equipment you might need.
2021 WASHINGTON COUNTY FAIR PUMPKIN GROWING CONTEST
- Open to all youth who are residents of Washington County or are members of an FFA Chapter, 4–H Club or school program in Washington County.
- Entry may be made in one or both classes by age division: Classes (different pumpkin must be used for each class)-Largest Pumpkin by weight-Best decorated by scar drawing.
- Age Divisions: 2-5 yrs 6-10 yrs 11-19 yrs
- Judging will be held at 5:00 pm on Friday Sept. 3ʳᵈ 2021 in the Home Arts Building.
- Seeds are furnished by Tim Glover. Only the variety of seed distributed can be used in the contest. Contact the Extension Office at 740-376-7431 for the seed packets.
- Name of the exhibitor and age must be scared into each pumpkin entered.
- All entries must be brought to the fairgrounds between 2:00 pm and 7:00 pm on Sept. 2 ⁿᵈ or 3ʳᵈ 2021 in the Home Arts Building.
- Limit one pumpkin per class and a different pumpkin in each open class.
- Open class entries are the responsibility of the exhibitor.
AWARDS WILL BE GIVEN
In order to participate in the Spring Session, youth must register online at
Walk-in registration is not permitted. See the post on March 11 (see below) entitled “Bull’s-Eye 4-H Club 2021 Spring Session Details” for more information regarding the new way the session will take place due to Ohio 4-H Guidelines for in-person meetings during the pandemic.
March 11 Post:
BULL’S-EYE 4-H CLUB 2021 SPRING SESSION DETAILS:
The spring session will be offered although in a new way! Registration is limited due to Ohio 4-H Guidelines for in-person meetings during the pandemic to insure the health and safety of all involved. Be sure to read all of the following details!
- Walk-in registration is NOT permitted. Advance registration is required using Signup Genius, an online software tool. The link to access the sign up will be made public at 10am, Thursday, March 25 on the county’s 4-H Blog at https://u.osu.edu/washington4h/
- Youth must be 9 years old as of January 1, 2021 and not older than 19 by December 31, 2021.
- Sunday meeting dates are from 2-4pm on April 18, April 25 and May 2 at Hervida 4-H Camp, Waterford, Ohio. If a child cannot make all three meeting dates, they should wait and participate in a later session.
- Youth participate in only one discipline choosing from archery, rifle and air pistol. For air pistol, youth must be 10 years old by January 1, 2021. Archery and rifle have no requirements. All ages and skill levels participate together for each discipline. All shooting equipment is provided and will not be shared.
- Face masks are required. This includes wearing masks inside and outside at all times by everyone except where safety is a concern on the firing line. Archery must fully remove their mask when shooting. Other disciplines may remove their mask as long as the 6 feet minimum distance is maintained. If a child is not to remove their mask, they should wait and participate in a later session.
- $5 dues with completed enrollment, health, and release forms must be turned in at the first meeting.
- Family members/drivers must wait in their vehicle or drop-off members and return for pickup. This is necessary in order to follow the maximum group size at each range and social distancing guidelines.
- Participants stay at their discipline’s range during each meeting. No large group club meeting or refreshments. Range Captains will present club business at ranges.
Please check the dates for the child’s availability. Then discuss the discipline preference to be ready to sign up! For general shooting sports program information, go to: http://go.osu.edu/ssports. If you have any questions, please call Brian Baker at 740-350-8155 or Teresa Stone at 740-473-1373 or 740-525-4980 (text only).
Our fair Vet Dr. Phil Lowe helped us develop some Preventative Health Recommendation for Animals. Learn about recommended vaccinations and parasite control. This was mentioned in this week’s Livestock Quality Assurance Training: 2020 Health Recommendations – LOWE
My Feed Practices Check-up – Review this check-list and see how you are doing with feed storage, feed knowledge and feeding practices: My Feed Practices Check-Up
2021 Livestock Factsheets – new to livestock projects or are you taking a new project this year? Check out these Livestock Factsheets and learn more about the project expectations. Click on these links to download the factsheets you need:
Our newest SPIN Club will be meeting at Depot Park in Shelter #1 in Belpre located at 618 Depot St, Belpre, OH 45714 every Friday at 6:30 pm.
The horse packet for Washington County is posted and available at the OSU Extension Office. Members may print off the packet from this link: Horse Packet 2021 Animal Declaration and immunization forms are due June 1 to the extension office and a reminder that enrollment is online this year and members must be enrolled in their project by April 15th. For questions please call Kathryn or email firstname.lastname@example.org