The campers at Multi-Day Camp were able to experience some programming taught by our volunteers and the lessons were provided by The Ohio Soybean Council. One of the activities included making a single serving Atomic Chocolate Cake. It was so awesome – campers asked for the recipe.
We have had a great 4-H camping season so far and we have one camp to go on July 23 at the County Fairgrounds!!
Cloverbud Camp – 67 campers
Single Day – Day Camp – 20 campers
Multi Day – Day Camp – 97 campers
Do you have items you could donate to the new Camp Slingshot Range? We are looking for items to hang on the wall for targets!! Here are just a few ideas: bells, hubcaps, license plates, tin bucket, metal signs, etc. If you have items, just send them to camp with your camper on Monday!!
Camper Drop off and Pick up Instructions
- Cars will enter the main camp gate and keep to the right side of the gravel drive.
- The car will drive until you reach the craft hall drive.
- You will proceed to make a wide U-turn in the gravel area between the craft hall drive and dining hall.
- Please stay in your vehicle and we will check the camper(s) temperature.
- You will let you camper(s) out at this time. (as long as the temperature is in the COVID safe level)
- Please give any medicine to the nurse.
- If you have any medical concerns or need to speak with the nurse privately, please let a staff member know so we can give you further instructions.
- After your child is safely out of the vehicle, you will continue your U-turn and go back down the right side of the gravel drive and out the camp gate.
- Procedure will be the same at pick up, only you will tell the name of your camper(s) to a staff member or counselor at the gate and the camper(s) will get into your vehicle when you reach the craft hall drive.
Please be patient at drop off and pick up time, as this procedure is new to all of us.
Please try not to get to the camp facility earlier than 8:45am or 3:45pm/7:45pm as the counselors and staff may not be ready until that time.
||Drop off time
||Pick Up time
|6/29 & 6/30
Camp Registration Materials are posted here: 2021 Camper Reg Packet
Effective June 1, 2021 – Mask Update
- face masks are not required to be worn inside or outside at 4-H camp (day or overnight)
- face masks are not required to be worn outside at any OSU Extension (including 4-H Club Meetings & Activities) programs and activities
- face masks are strongly recommended for those who are not yet fully vaccinated (strongly recommended means the individual chooses to wear a mask or not)
Ohio State University Extension proudly offers this camp for individuals with with disabilities
ages 8-18. This camp will be hosted from the Elizabeth L. Evans Outdoor Education Center/
Canter’s Cave 4-H Camp near Jackson, Ohio. Alumni are also invited to continue to participate.
Special Needs Camp Packet 21
- When: July 9-11, 2021 FROM YOUR HOME (if anyone may need a hot spot for the
weekend, please contact us. We may be able to work that out.)
- Times to hold – we are planning to have hour long Zoom Meetings on Friday at 4
pm, Saturday at 10 am and 4 pm, and Sunday at 10 am. (Schedule may change as
presenters are confirmed…)
- Fee: $20.00 for each person who receives activity supplies – Thanks to support from
the Ohio 4-H Foundation
- REGISTRATION FORMS: See attached! Return registration forms to County
Extension Office by June 1st, 2021 to ensure that we can obtain and mail all
Registration packet is attached, and can be found here as well – https://4hcanterscave.osu.edu/home/experience-it/special-needs-camp. If you have any questions, please contact me or Kathy Bruynis at email@example.com or Bruynis.firstname.lastname@example.org.
The past year brought us many difficulties and changes, including not being able to hold 4-H camps in person. Washington County 4-H is planning to host a modified version of typical summer camps for youth Kindergarten thru ninth grade. OSU Extension will be offering five camps this year, including three single day camps and two multi-day, day camps. Four of the camps will be held at Camp Hervida near Waterford and one camp will be held at the Washington County Fairgrounds. Please see below for the dates and camp specific information.
- Cloverbud Day camp Grades K-2: June 29th – Hervida (Lunch and Snack provided) – 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
- Day camp Grades 3-9: June 30th – Hervida (Lunch and Snack provided) – 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
- Multi-day Day Camp Grades 3-9: July 5-8th – Hervida (Lunch, Dinner and Snack provided)
- Multi-day Day Camp Grades 3-9: July 19-22nd – Hervida (Lunch, Dinner and Snack provided)
For the multi-day camps, drop off will be 9:00 am and pick up at 8:00 pm Monday-Thursday. Transportation will be available from Marietta to and from camp for the multi-day camps. Campers will be expected to come every day Monday-Thursday. The camp July 19-22nd will only occur if there are over 50 campers interested in both weeks. If not, only the camp July 5-8th camp will occur.
- Day camp Grades K-9: July 23rd – Washington County Fairgrounds (Lunch and Snack provided). This camp will offer different activities than the camps at Hervida.
Registration costs will include all needed supplies, food for the campers, and a reusable mask and camp picture for every camper. The camp staff and camp counselors are looking forward to a fun and exciting 4-H camping season! Camp t-shirts will be available at additional cost.
For more information about the 4-H camping program or enrollment, please contact the Washington County Ohio State University Extension office at (740) 376-7431, or download a registration form from https://go.osu.edu/hervida
Print your camp form here: 2021 Camper Reg Packet
Please come support the Chicken BBQ Dinner at Hervida on Saturday, May 1. Meal served 4:30 to 7:00pm. Dinners will be available for eat-in or carry-out.
This is also a great opportunity to volunteer for camp by serving, clearing tables, or donating a dessert! Donations for the Country Store are always welcome!!
Here is a link to make a dessert, donate items for the country store, cut & keep desserts stocked, serve & stock beverages, clear tables & wipe trays, run dishwasher, or prepare carry-out meals.