Ohio 4-H Sea Camp is recruiting positive role models to serve as camp counselors and staff for this summer! Sea Camp is held from July 11-15, 2020 at Erie County 4-H Camp Kelleys Island. Mandatory on-site training for volunteers and counselors begins on July 10.
- Are at least age 18 as of July 11, 2020;
- Have the week of July 10-15, 2020 available to spend on Kelleys Island;
- Are enthusiastic in working with teenage youth in a camp setting;
- Have previous experience as a camp counselor (recommended, not required);
- Look forward to aquatic discovery and exploration in and around the waters of Lake Erie;
- Enjoy outdoor recreation such as boating, fishing, kayaking, sailing, and other new adventures…
- Being a Camp Counselor at Sea Camp is a perfect fit for you!
Ohio 4-H Sea Camp is held July 11-15 at Erie County 4-H Camp on Kelleys Island. Counselors will arrive on Friday, July 10 for training and must be available for the duration of camp.
For those of you unfamiliar with Kelleys Island, there is a ferry that travels to and from the island! Staff members will need to drive or arrange transportation to/from Lakeside Marblehead ferry dock.
Camp activities include: water and sun safety, aquatic science, water navigation skills, boating education, swimming, snorkeling, fishing, career exploration, teambuilding challenges, and so much more! Housing for all staff and campers is traditional cabins with bunks.
If you are interested in applying to be a counselor, please complete the following steps and send ALL documentation by April 1 to the Coshocton County OSU Extension Office (724 S. 7th Street, Room 110, Coshocton, OH 43812) :
- Complete the application
- Sign Standards of Behavior
- Sign 4-H Camp Counselor Code of Conduct
- Have two references complete a referral for you
Maybe being a camp counselor isn’t for you, but you are interested in being involved in camp in another way!
For individuals interested in serving as an adult staff member and/or instructor to Ohio 4-H Sea Camp, please visit: https://ohio4h.org/camp/sea-camp and select the option that is most appropriate for your interest. “Volunteer Staff” include adults who are on-site for the duration of camp and serve as instructors and program support throughout the week. “Guest Instructors” are volunteers who would be at camp for teaching a particular topic for one or two days of camp programming.
Ohio 4-H Sea Camp is under the direction of the following OSU Extension staff members:
Camp Director: Kayla Oberstadt, Ohio 4-H Program Manager
Assistant Camp Director: Jenny Strickler, Coshocton County 4-H Youth Development Educator
Assistant Camp Director: Ashley Hughey, Portage County 4-H Youth Development Educator
Any questions about overall camp information can be directed to Kayla (Oberstadt.email@example.com) or 614-292-3758. Point of contact for camp counselors is Jenny Strickler (firstname.lastname@example.org). Point of contact for guest instructors and adult staff is Ashley (Hughey.email@example.com).