Here is a flier for a multi-species animal clinic to be hosted in Monroe County on June 30th. This is a nice event with lots of hands-on practice and many great door prize giveaways. They welcome participation from other counties!
Attention Campers & Caregivers:
Join us as we “Find the Humor in Life” this summer at Canter’s Cave! Life sometimes is hard, but being able to find a reason to laugh makes everything better!
Ohio State University Extension proudly offers this camp for individuals with multiple handicaps ages 8-18. This camp will be held at the Elizabeth L. Evans Outdoor Education Center/ Canter’s Cave 4-H Camp near Jackson, Ohio. Each camper will need to be accompanied by a caregiver.
• When: July 27-29, 2018
• Check-in time: 3:00-3:30 on Friday, July 2 @ the Main Lodge (Cartoon Central)
• Check-out time: 11:30 a.m. on Sunday, July 2
• Youth fee: $80.00
• Caregiver fee: $40.00 for the camp
• REGISTRATION FORM: See attached! Return registration forms to Meigs County Extension Office by July 2nd, 2018
The June-July 4-H Newsletter is now posted for 4-H families and volunteers. The newsletter has also been mailed to all 4-H families. The newsletter contains lots of information about upcoming events like tag-in, project judging schedule, 4-H project judging guidelines, speaking contest details, skillathon study sheet and 4-H camp registration. June-July2-wj27ax
Several of the forms for the horse project are due to the Extension Office by Friday, June 1 at 5:00pm. This includes:
* horse lease form
* safety video form
* horse project animal declaration form
* required immunizations form
* PAS Ohio State Fair qualifiers entry form
* PAS form for youth attending other counties to qualify
* horse identification form
These form can be found in the 2018 horse packet. It can be found on our web page at: washington.osu.edu
Running Wild 4-H Club is taking orders for fair shirts. The shirts feature all 3 of our fairs! This is a great way to show your support for our local fairs and support a 4-H Club! Contact a Running Wild member or advisor Michelle Way with a call, text or email 740-502-1236 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Washington County Fair Flower Show
September 3-6, 2018
Robyn Tullius-Director in charge
Judging time: 1pm Saturday, September 2
Merchants Hall, Lower Level
Click here for the rules and entry classes: Junior Division Fair Copy – 2018-28ol6iw
For Youth Arts Exhibition: https://ohiostatefair.com/youth-arts/
For Arts, Crafts & Fashion Competitions: https://ohiostatefair.com/arts-crafts-fashion/
For Culinary & Baking Arts Competitions: https://ohiostatefair.com/culinary/
Youth Arts Exhibition Highlights
- Win a $1,000 Blick Art Materials Shopping Spree for Your School’s Art Department – The school or home school affiliation with the most students entered will win this award. Shopping Spree can be in-store or by catalog (dickblick.com).
- All Youth Artists Featured in the Exhibition – In addition to being considered for awards, all youth will receive a Jeni’s Splendid Ice Creams Trio Card; good for 3 scoops of ice cream.
- Nationwide Children’s People’s Choice Awards – One award in each division.
- A Bareclay Studios Ceramics Class will be awarded in each division – Recognizing outstanding ceramics work.
- Youth Artists Selected to Receive the Governor’s Award of Excellence in the 2018 Ohio Governor’s Youth Art Exhibition – Receive free entry for up to 10 pieces of work in the 2018 Ohio State Fair Youth Arts Exhibition.
- Ohio Arts Council Awards– Middle School and High School artists receive Blick Art Materials gift card awards.
- New Mary Dorrian Memorial Awards – One youth in each division will receive this award.
- First Lady’s Spotlight Award – Ohio’s First Lady, Karen Kasich, will choose three pieces of artwork for this award.
- Deadline is June 20, 2018.
Creative Arts Competition Highlights
Arts, Crafts and Fashion
- New form required for Fashion & Sewing Arts competition.
- Miniature Model Shipbuilding class now accepting plastic and wood models.
- Photography competition now accepting unlimited entries!
- Woodworking competition now offering over $1,000 in awards.
- New Cork Art class offered in Other Crafting Art competition.
- Fair Phone Photo Day on-site competition only $5/entry.
- Loom Weaving competition now offering 3 classes
- Quilt competition now offering new Modern Quilt class.
- Check Out our Daily, Hands-on Art Activities.
- Deadline is June 20, 2018
Culinary & Baking
- New Heirloom Cake Recipe is “Applesauce Cake”
- Baked Pies competition offers Increased award dollars and new Hodgson Mill flour requirement.
- Cakes and Cookies/Pastries competitions have new Domino brown sugar requirement.
- Aramark “Chopped Cook-Off” featuring shortened time periods for both competition rounds.
- Egg-stra, Egg-stra competition offers increased award dollars and new classes.
- New Farm to Table competition – Enter your best cold salad recipe.
- Crazy Cake Decorating competition – First 10 entries delivered receive one Fair admission ticket.
- Professional/Advanced Cake Decorating – Novelty Cake class is back.
- Deadline is June 20, 2017
These Live Culinary Competitions are open to any Ohioan who enjoys cooking & baking!
If you miss the deadline, you can still enter these competitions day of the event for $60/competition (cash only).
Professionals & Amateur Chefs Encouraged to Enter!
- Aramark Chopped Cook-Off Saturday, August 4
- Egg-citing and Devilishly Good Saturday, July 28
- Grilling Competition Saturday, July 28
- Ohio Wines Grown Here Friday, August 3
- Chili Cook-Off Sunday, July 29
- Family Heirloom Recipe Competition Sunday, July 29
The Oak Grove Explorers 4-H Club will host the 5k Run/Walk for Hervida on Saturday, June 2 at 8 a.m. starting at the Oak Grove Christian School (formerly Rec. Center) 535 BF Goodrich Road, Marietta, OH. The pre-registration fee is $12 and must be postmarked by May 18. After May 18, the registration fee is $15. Registration forms are available at http://bit.ly/2IjUFOH. Registration/bib# pickup is 7-7:45 a.m.
Proceeds from the event benefit Hervida 4-H Camp. For more information or questions, contact Andrea Ralston at 740-350-4669 or email email@example.com