Ohio 4-H Teen Leadership Council (TLC) applications for the 2021-22 year are now available and can be found on the Ohio 4-H website at go.osu.edu/TLC! Please let any interested individual know so they may apply. Please note, because it is only a one year term, current TLC members who wish to continue their service must re-apply.
- Applications and more information about the group can be found online at: go.osu.edu/TLC. Please note: applications (and other materials, including letters of recommendation and program fees) are due (received, not postmarked!) by Friday, August 13, 2021 to Sarah (email@example.com). The term for selected individuals will be September 1, 2021-August 31, 2022.
- TLC members currently serving from Washington County include:
Reservation form due July 30
- Waterford Fair 8 Ft. Wall Booth OR 8 Ft. Center Booth
- County Fair 8 Ft. Wall Booth OR10 Ft. Center Booth (*Note: Wall Booths do not have sides)
- Barlow Fair 8 Ft. Wall Booth OR 8 Ft. Center Booth
4-H Club Advisors can find the reservation form here: 2021 Booth Reservation and Judging Form
Trash cans should include your group’s name and the year 2021. Trash cans will be judged on creativity, neatness, and overall appearance. This contest is open to all 4-H Clubs, FFA and FCCLA Chapters, and Girl Scout and Boy Scout Troops.
Washington County Fair: Go to Washington County Fair Grounds and pick up a trash can to paint. When the can is completed, please make sure you bring it, along with a completed entry form, to the Junior Fair Office by 9:00pm, Thursday, September 2
Barlow Independent Fair: Go to the Barlow Fairgrounds and pick up a trash can. Painted cans should be dropped off at the Jr. Fair Building on September 22 by 8:00 pm with the completed entry form.
Forms can be printed here: County & Barlow Trash Can Contest form
Camper Drop off and Pick up Instructions
- Cars will enter the main camp gate and keep to the right side of the gravel drive.
- The car will drive until you reach the craft hall drive.
- You will proceed to make a wide U-turn in the gravel area between the craft hall drive and dining hall.
- Please stay in your vehicle and we will check the camper(s) temperature.
- You will let you camper(s) out at this time. (as long as the temperature is in the COVID safe level)
- Please give any medicine to the nurse.
- If you have any medical concerns or need to speak with the nurse privately, please let a staff member know so we can give you further instructions.
- After your child is safely out of the vehicle, you will continue your U-turn and go back down the right side of the gravel drive and out the camp gate.
- Procedure will be the same at pick up, only you will tell the name of your camper(s) to a staff member or counselor at the gate and the camper(s) will get into your vehicle when you reach the craft hall drive.
Please be patient at drop off and pick up time, as this procedure is new to all of us.
Please try not to get to the camp facility earlier than 8:45am or 3:45pm/7:45pm as the counselors and staff may not be ready until that time.
||Drop off time
||Pick Up time
|6/29 & 6/30
Noble County is sponsoring a dog show on July 10 at the Noble Co Fairgrounds.
Beginner Novice A
Beginner Novice B
Grad Novice A
Grad Novice B
Flier: 2021 Woof Classic
Reminder of Barlow Tag-in on Saturday, July 17 from 8-10 AM at the Barlow Fairgrounds. This is for Feeder Calves & Market Dairy Goats. Market Dairy Goat exhibitors must bring their Blue Breed Verification Card signed by the Breeder and Exhibitor. Cards are still available at the Extension Office if needed or printed at https://washington.osu.edu/program-areas/4-h-youth-development/washington-county-fairs.
Feeder calves must have a halter on so calves can be tagged on the trailer. NO CHUTE WILL BE SET UP THIS YEAR!
A multi-species animal clinic we held in Monroe County on June 26th. This is a nice event that offers hands-on practice and grooming demonstrations as well as many great door prize giveaways. They welcome participation from other counties, so please share the flier with your members or on your social media accounts.
2021 Clinic Flier
The Ohio State Fair has extended the virtual skillathon registration deadline until June 18.
It is important that OSF exhibitors know that the virtual skillathon is required to compete for Overall Breeding Exhibitor at the state fair. It’s also great practice and shows a lot of what to expect for the in-person skillathon. 4-H/FFA youth do not have to be exhibiting or taking animal projects to participate.
OSF Skillathon Rules and Dates
How to Register
• Please register by visiting:
• Please answer allofthe survey prompts.
• Each youth will need a unique email addressto be used as your log-in credential.
• For example, a family with 3 children participating must have a unique email address for eachchild.
• If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Session 1 (June 28, 9a –4p): Dog, Horses
• Session 2 (June 29, 9a –4p): Goats, Sheep, Alpacas/Llamas
• Session 3 (June 30, 9a –4p): Dairy, Beef, Swine
• Session 4 (July 1, 9a –4p): Poultry, Rabbit, Cavy
The Market Chickens and Market Ducks have been ordered. The birds will be shipping out in July. Members need to have their facilities or pens ready to go in July and look to pick up their market chickens on July 7 and the market ducks on July 21. Please hold these dates and be ready to meet us at Heritage Country Store on Third Street in Marietta. Please look for a post closer to the dates to be sure the pick up day is the same. We will be working with the hatchery to determine a pick up date and time. More information to come. For questions please contact the extension office at 740-376-7431.