Please snap a few pictures during your 4-H Cloverbud meetings and activities this summer. We would like to feature each club in the Cloverbud Booth that is displayed at our local fairs. Think about a group picture, fun activities, community service project – whatever you are doing! Just snap some pictures and email them to Bruce Zimmer at firstname.lastname@example.org
Vehicle wash water often contains detergents, oil, grease, nutrients, and toxic metals. This has a potential to add additional nutrients and harmful chemicals to streams & rivers. Left untreated, the polluted discharges can not only affect the aquatic life in waterways, but could eventually affect drinking water supplies.
If you are planning a car wash please read this information (attached)
Applications must be RECEIVED at the Extension Office by June 14, 2021
Interviews: August 16, 2021 evening (Time TBA)
Judging & Crowning: August 19, 2021 – 5:00 pm
- A member of a Junior Fair youth organization in Washington County.
- Candidates must be a Junior Fair Exhibitor at a Washington County Fair.
- Queen 16 – 19 as of January 1, King candidates: 16-19 years of age as of January 1, 2021. Princess, Prince, Dairy Princess, and Horse Princess candidates: 12-15 years of age as of January 1, 2021.
- Contestants may not be married, nor have been married, nor borne or fathered a child, or be with child.
- Has not previously served as Junior Fair King or Junior Fair Queen of Washington County.
- Prince, Junior Princess and Dairy Princess, Horse Princess may not run consecutive years for the same title.
Entry fee is $30.00. Make checks payable to Washington County 4-H Committee/Royalty.
All schools, youth organizations and civic organizations are invited to encourage candidates to enter the contest. Eligible Junior Fair organizations include 4-H, Girl Scouts, Boy Scouts, FCCLA, and FFA.
Application available at: https://washington.osu.edu/program-areas/4-h-youth-development/washington-county-4-h-forms
Application can be printed here: Royalty Contest Application 2021
The Washington County 4-H Exchange Club is looking for new members. Are you at least 12 and looking to expand your 4-H experience? Though the club won’t be able to exchange this year, your membership now will help prepare you for next summer. Past exchanges have included Wyoming, Kansas, Wisconsin and Montana. Please contact the club advisor, Ellie Tullius at 740-434-3064 or contact the Extension Office with questions.
The club will be taking orders for their annual Chocolate Easter Eggs too. Contact a club member or Ellie if you want to place an order. Orders due March 20.
The Washington County 4-H Endowment Committee is busy planning for a Drive-Thru Curbside Dinner To-Go on April 3. There will also be an Online Auction March 15-31. If you, your club or business would like to donate an item for the auction, please complete this donation form or contact at committee member – Donation Form for 2021 ALL ITEMS ARE DUE MARCH 1 THE EXTENSION OFFICE
If you would like to place your order for meals, complete this order form – 2021 Endowment Dinner one pager for meal orders MEAL ORDERS DUE MARCH 24
Meal choice of Grilled NY Strip Steak or Grilled Chicken Breast, and all meals include Baked Potato, Green Beans, Coleslaw, Applesauce, Roll, and Dessert.
Follow the most recent news and announcements on their Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/4HEndowment
Celebration of Youth: Pathways to the Future will be held Virtually on Thursday, November 5, 2020 at 7 p.m. EST.
- This year’s Celebration of Youth will be held virtually and will be a showcase of the perseverance and resilience of Ohio 4-H members.
- This event will be free of charge but you must register to join us. We will send you an event reminder with the link prior to the night of the event.
- The evening will include an online auction and the items will be available to review approximately one week prior to the event. Minimum age to participate in the online bidding is 18.
With the concerns of COVID-19 and social distancing, pen setup and pen tear down has been cancelled for 2020. The Washington County Fair Board will be working with a small group of volunteers to setup and tear down the pens. If you are interested in helping the fair board members with this task, please contact the appropriate fair board barn superintendents listed in the Jr Fair Guide.
Since Governor DeWine announced on July 28 that all remaining fairs will be Junior Fairs only, please be patient and supportive of both of these Fair Boards as they work together to weigh their options. Once these Fair Boards have met and determined the best plan for their fairs we will share the news with 4-H families.
- Waterford Fair 8 Ft. Wall Booth OR 8 Ft. Center Booth
- County Fair 8 Ft. Wall Booth OR10 Ft. Center Booth (*Note: Wall Booths do not have sides)
- Barlow Fair 8 Ft. Wall Booth OR 8 Ft. Center Booth
4-H Club Advisors can find the reservation form here: Booth Reservation and Judging Form