Required Tag-in for Market Lambs, Market Goats, Dairy Feeder Steers will be Saturday, June 1 from 8—10:00 am at the Washington County Fairgrounds. Watch for road signs to indicate lineup locations.
Yellow Breed Verification Cards Required
- Dairy Feeder Steer – due June 1 – must be sign by dairy farmer where purchased in Washington, Athens, Morgan, Monroe, Noble, Belmont, Guernsey, or Muskingum Counties
- Market Dairy Goat – due July 20
Blue County Breed Award Cards
- Market Goat – due June 1
- Market Steer – due June 1
- Market Lamb – due June 1
- Market Rabbit – due Aug 3
Cards are available from the OSU Extension Office or your advisor
Waterford Community, Washington County, and Barlow Independent Fairs are seeking youth to apply for: Jr Princess, Prince, Queen, King, Dairy Princess, Horse Princess
Applications due to extension office on May 31, 2019 at 4:30pm
Interviews: August 12, 2019 evening (Time TBA)
Judging & Crowning: August 15, 2019 – 5:00 pm
- A member of a Junior Fair youth organization in Washington County.
- Candidates must be a Junior Fair Exhibitor at a Washington County Fair.
- Queen 16 years of age by August 17, 2019 and no older than 19 years of age as of January 1, King candidates: 16-19 years of age as of January 1, 2019. Princess & Prince candidates: 12-15 years of age as of January 1, 2019.
- Contestants may not be married, nor have been married, nor borne or fathered a child, or be with child.
- Has not previously served as Junior Fair King or Junior Fair Queen of Washington County.
- Prince, Junior Princess and Dairy Princess, Horse Princess may not run consecutive years for the same title.
Entry fee is $30.00. Make checks payable to Washington County 4-H Committee/Royalty.
All schools, youth organizations and civic organizations are invited to encourage candidates to enter the contest. Eligible Junior Fair organizations include 4-H, Girl Scouts, Boy Scouts, FCCLA, and FFA.
Application available at: https://washington.osu.edu/program-areas/4-h-youth-development/washington-county-4-h-forms
Washington County 4-H/ Youth Fun Show
Held in the Rabbit Barn @ Barlow Fair Grounds
8655 State Route 339
Vincent, OH 45784
Saturday July 6th, 2019
Click here for flier: 2019 youthfunshowfliermain
Several of the forms for the horse project are due to the Extension Office by Friday, May 31 at 4:30 pm. This includes:
- horse lease form
- safety video form
- horse project animal declaration form
- required immunizations form
- PAS Ohio State Fair qualifiers entry form
- PAS form for youth attending other counties to qualify
- horse identification form
These form can be found in the 2019 horse packet. It can be found on our web page at: washington.osu.edu
Forms to register for the Washington County Fair will be due July 26. This includes:
- Horse Stall Reservations
- Horse Show Entry Form
Washington County Fairgrounds – Permission to Use and Ride
The fairboard is asking 4-H & FFA horse families to make an appointment to ride at the fairgrounds. Please call Debbie Tornes at 740. 516.1182 and give her as much notice as possible. If Debbie cannot reached, contact Fred Boyd at 740-516-3175. The arena will be locked due to safety and liability.
OHIO SHEEP AND HAY DAY
SATURDAY, JULY 13, 2019, 8 A.M. –4 P.M.
The Oak Grove Explorers 4-H Club will host the 5k Run/Walk for Hervida on Saturday, June 1 at 8 a.m. starting at the Oak Grove Christian School (formerly Recreation Center), 535 BF Goodrich Road, Marietta, OH. The pre-registration fee is $12 and must be postmarked by May 17. After May 17, the registration fee is $15. Registration/bib# pickup is 7-7:45 a.m. Proceeds from the event benefit Hervida 4-H Camp. For more information or questions, contact Andrea Ralston at 740-350-4669 or email@example.com.
Print a race application – http://bit.ly/2Hc2RCJ
Washington County Fairboard is once again having their Giant Pumpkin Growing Contest! It is open to all Washington County Youth. Age Divisions: 2-5; 6-10; 11-19 years old. Only the variety that can be picked up at the Washington County Extension Office, 8-4:30 M-F may be used in the contest. Further instructions are available with seed pick up. Come get yours today!
As you are wrapping up the school year and getting ready for the warmth and fun of summer, we would like to offer an opportunity for you to join us at D.A.W.N. Camp. Defining Adventures for Women in Nature (D.A.W.N.) is a new camp offered this year June 9th -11th at Mohican State Forest. This camp is untraditional in that it will truly be a 100% outdoor camping experience! This camp is open to all Ohio 4-H youth “real” aged 16 and up. Don’t let a lack of “outdoor gear” keep you from joining us – we will help provide the essentials!
These are just a few things to expect to enjoy at D.A.W.N. when you attend:
- Wilderness First Aid
- Tent Living
- Outdoor Cooking
- Hiking and exploring of the Mohican Forest (e.g., waterfalls, fire towers, night hike)
- Map Reading and orienteering skills
- Life skills you never imagined you could learn in the woods
- Build meaningful connections with other outdoor-loving youth!
A flyer and more information about this camp can be found at this link: https://go.osu.edu/DAWN
(Yes, this is the D.A.W.N. camp that we had to postpone last fall. After gathering your responses to our survey we changed our dates to the early summer AND lowered the cost to better accommodate your requests.)
Payment and registration will be required to reserve your spot. We will be taking a limited number of campers this first year, so register early and invite a friend along!