The 4-H Endowment Dinner is BACK! The committee is working to finalize plans, gather silent auction and live auction items and prepare for a wonderful meal on Saturday, April 2
This committee also needs your help to make this a success. Here is a list of opportunities were you and your family can be part of the event and give back.
Please review the available slots and visit the link below to sign up. You are welcome to sign up for as many slots as you wish – just make sure the times don’t conflict. If you plan to eat at the dinner you will need to purchase a ticket $15 for youth and $25 for adults. When you complete this survey, you will need to indicate if you plan to eat early at 3:30 pm prior to the event. Thank you!
Click this link to sign-up! https://go.osu.edu/endowmentdinner
The Ohio Department of Natural Resources (ODNR) is looking for passionate 4-H students to use their skills and talents to spread a message of education, service, and stewardship this Earth Day. ODNR is seeking proposals for student-led programs to take place at participating Ohio State Parks. Programs will be open to the public.
“We are impressed by the passion for conservation we see in Ohio’s 4-H students,” ODNR Director Mary Mertz said. “We would love for these students to take that passion and find out-of-the-box ways to engage their community, to improve our natural world, and have a little fun while doing it.”
The chosen programs will be offered to the public, free of charge, at Ohio State Parks between Friday, April 22 and Sunday, April 24. Examples of desirable programming include, but are not limited to invasive species removal, Earth Day art projects, sustainable fashion, and campfire cooking.
For a list of participating parks and to apply click here. The deadline to apply is March 14, 2022. Contact Alyssa Yaple with any questions about project proposals. Winning proposals will receive recognition at ODNR’s Natural Resources Park at the 2022 Ohio State Fair.
- Use the family email you created last year.
- Contact the OSU County Extension office at 740-376-7431 if you don’t have your family email address.
- For your password, use the password you created in the past, if you forgot your password select the “Reset Password?” option. Then check your email for a password reset link.
- Do not set up a new profile. You must log into last year’s profile.
- To re-enroll a member from a previous year, click “Enroll Now” next to the profile of the appropriate member.
- Please be sure to enroll for all your clubs and projects at the same time. If you are a member enrolled in multiple clubs for instance ABC Explorers 4-H Club and XYZ FFA Chapter , then be sure to add projects to each club and chapter. If you do not enroll for all clubs and projects before you submit then you will not be able to add them yourself and will need to contact the Extension Office to add the projects or clubs after you submitted your enrollment.
New 4-H Families:
- Select the option “Don’t have an account?” and provide the requested information.
- Select Ohio as your state and then “Ohio 4-H Youth Development”.
- Select your county from the drop-down menu.
- Enter an email address, phone number, and create a password.
Older youth and adults are needed to help with the Washington County 4-H Open House on Tuesday, March 8
The event will be held from 6:00 – 7:30 at the Jr Fair Building on the Washington County Fairgrounds. All volunteers are asked to arrive by 5:30. Everyone will be notified where your help is needed.
The 4-H Open House is a fun-filled evening of games, prizes, and learning about 4-H membership and opportunities. Each of the stations will provide interactive and hands-on activities to engage the children and adults as they visit the open house.
Helper Form: Open House flier – 2022
Everyone is invited and meal tickets do not need to be purchased in advance.
4-H Club and Family Donations
- If clubs and families would like to make a donation of a silient auction or live auction, that would be appreciated.
- These donations can be dropped off at the Civitan Building on Thursday 2/24 from 6-7pm or call Candy (740-336-2145) to arrange dropping them off at another time.
- Families that would like to donate dessert(s) they can drop them off any time after 12 noon on Saturday the 26th or contact Robyn 740-350-6390 for other arrangements.
Jr. Fair Teens
Teens are needed with helping to clearing tables, trash, kids games, etc. Please contact Candy ahead of time if you would like to help as a teen. Teens that volunteer will check in when they get there and receive a free dinner. Teens must be there by 4:30
The spring session will be in March and May at Hervida 4-H Camp. Youth ages 9-19 are welcome to join in the fun while learning the basic skills of a shooting sports discipline.
Choose from archery, air pistol, rifle, and living history. All shooting equipment and supplies are provided.
Advance registration opens March 3 with the first meeting on March 27.
The spring session does NOT begin on March 20 as listed in the 2022 4-H Calendar. Check out the details in the “Bull’s-Eye 4-H Club 2022 Spring Session Flyer.” For general shooting sports program information, go to: http://go.osu.edu/ssports
Spring Session Flyer: Bulls-Eye 4-H Club 2022 Spring Session Flyer
March 19 at St Bernard Church, Beverly
11 am to 2:30 pm
$25 Registration Fee
- 2022 Ohio Youth Poultry Clinic
When: March 19, 2022 – 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Where: The Ohio State University ATI, 1328 Dover Road, Wooster, OH 44691
Cost: $20.00 per youth and $25 per adult (includes morning refreshments and lunch)
Deadline: Registration and payment postmarked by Wednesday, March 2, 2022 – Space is limited!
Contact: Michael Cressman, firstname.lastname@example.org
The 2022 4-H Endowment Dinner & Auction will be in-person! Mark your calendars for Saturday, April 2, with doors opening at 5. Tickets will be available soon. Cost: Adults $25 and Children $15.