This class provides training for those 11+ years old that provide babysitting and child care services. Training focuses on:
- Business of babysitting
- Proper supervision
- Basic caregiving skills
- Responding properly to ill or injured children and infants
- SATURDAY, MAY 1
- 9:00 AM – 2:00 PM
- Offered by Washington County Care Center
- COST $40 PER PERSON
- MAXIMUM OF 10 PARTICIPANTS
- PLEASE BRING A SACK LUNCH OR SNACK
Learn more by: Calling – Erica at 740.373.6283 Ext. 2018 or
Email – email@example.com
2021 WASHINGTON COUNTY FAIR PUMPKIN GROWING CONTEST
- Open to all youth who are residents of Washington County or are members of an FFA Chapter, 4–H Club or school program in Washington County.
- Entry may be made in one or both classes by age division: Classes (different pumpkin must be used for each class)-Largest Pumpkin by weight-Best decorated by scar drawing.
- Age Divisions: 2-5 yrs 6-10 yrs 11-19 yrs
- Judging will be held at 5:00 pm on Friday Sept. 3ʳᵈ 2021 in the Home Arts Building.
- Seeds are furnished by Tim Glover. Only the variety of seed distributed can be used in the contest. Contact the Extension Office at 740-376-7431 for the seed packets.
- Name of the exhibitor and age must be scared into each pumpkin entered.
- All entries must be brought to the fairgrounds between 2:00 pm and 7:00 pm on Sept. 2 ⁿᵈ or 3ʳᵈ 2021 in the Home Arts Building.
- Limit one pumpkin per class and a different pumpkin in each open class.
- Open class entries are the responsibility of the exhibitor.
AWARDS WILL BE GIVEN
From cartoons to movies to video games, animations are everywhere! Join us for weekly virtual sessions beginning April 8 to unlock your inner animator!
Registration is now open: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/4HWorldChangers
Washington County Extension will provide meeting space, iPad and internet for these trainings. The online training will be offered in-person at the Extension Office located at 202 Davis Ave from 7 – 8 pm on April 8, 15, 22, 29, May 6 13. Youth interested in registering to attend this in-person session should click on this ling to register (space is limited).
Open to all youth Grades 5 – 12
To register it is two step process:
- Click on the Survey Monkey registration above.
- Register on this Signup Genius so Washington County has your information too. https://www.signupgenius.com/go/70A094EADA72CA1FD0-washington2
It’s Ohio 4-H Week! In 4-H, youth have lots of opportunities to explore the things that excite them…the things that help them find their spark! From projects to camp, to community service and club meetings, 4-H’ers make the best better every day!
Here are some items of interest for the week:
- 4-H Yard Signs – do you want one? Stop by the office and pick-up one for your neck of the woods to promote 4-H!
- The Marietta Times will be promoting 4-H week with a one page coverage on Saturday, March 6
- A visit to the county commissioners will highlight 4-H and provide a report on happenings.
- Social media posts will share throughout the week on the Washington County 4-H Facebook page. So please share them on your pages!
- The Virtual 4-H Open House will be held on Tuesday, March 9 starting at 7:00 pm. Zoom link: https://go.osu.edu/virtualopenhouse
- March 11 – Ohio 4-H Recognition Event to honor our tenured volunteers and Ohio Friend of 4-H – McLeish Auction Service
The Washington County OSU Extension Office is now taking reservations for their chickquest program and incubators. Teachers and educators can call the office or email Kathryn at firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve an incubator and supplies. Chick Quest, a Classroom Journey through the Life Cycle of Chickens, is a 4-H SET School Enrichment program that challenges students to use Science, Engineering, and Technology to investigate the life cycle of an embryonic chicken egg. From monitoring living eggs to observing fluffy chicks, these lively activities pique curiosity, encourage collaboration, and provide young scientists with unforgettable experiences.
Building Bridges to careers recently hosted a virtual Family Career Awareness event. We invite all 4-Her’s and parents to visit their site and learn about the opportunities locally including careers in extension. You may explore different videos from local businesses and organizations to understand the career opportunities offered. Please reach out if you have questions about extension. We would welcome the opportunity to talk with you about the career we enjoy. The site is: https://bb2careers.org/fcad
Applications for the Washington County Junior Fairboard and Barlow Junior Fairboard are now open to youth ages 13 and up. Membership is open to youth that are currently a member of 4-H, FFA, FCCLA, Girl Scouts or Boy Scouts. Applications are available from the Ohio State University Extension office located at 202 Davis Avenue, Marietta or the website: http://www.go.osu.edu/wcforms
The Junior Fairboard provides youth an opportunity to plan and conduct local fairs with other youth from the county. Junior Fairboard members are responsible for a wide variety of events, activities, and shows as well as to work closely with local Senior Fairboard members.
All applications must be received in the OSU Extension Office by Monday, November 30. Interviews for 1st & 2nd Year Applicants will be held Monday, December 7 between 6:00 – 8 pm. Interviews can be scheduled at https://go.osu.edu/jfbinterview