The 4-H Event Youth Assistant (4HEYA) applications are now available! This is an opportunity for teens 13-18 as of January 1 to get a short term experience at the state level. Applications are available at go.osu.edu/4HEYA and are due by May 15, 2020 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here is a basic overview of the opportunity:
- What: 4-H Event Youth Assistant (4HEYA)
- Who: Individuals age 13-18 (as of January 1 of the year of application) and have at least 1 year prior 4-H experience.
- Timeframe: Apply by May 15, selection, training, service to OSF, and evaluation. Complete responsibilities by August 31, 2020.
- Applications available at: go.osu.edu/4HEYA
- Requirements (in addition to application/selection process):
- Training-Must attend one of the options for training (July 8 or July 14)
- Events-Must work a minimum of 3 events at the Ohio State Fair; may work more if desired
- Program Fee: $25/person for first year members; $10 for 2nd or more year members
- Teens Receive:
- 4HEYA Polo & Nametag
- State Fair admission, parking ticket, and meal ticket(s)
- Optional State Fair housing in the Rhodes Center (if desired)
- Experience of working events at the Ohio State Fair
- Opportunity to enhance leadership skills and be involved in the State 4-H program
- What about the Teen Leadership Council? YES, these members may apply for 4HEYA AND TLC this year, if desired. TLC applications will be available in June and will be due the Friday following the Ohio State fair. Their term is September 1, 2020-August 31, 2021. Current TLC members are not eligible to apply for 4HEYA, as they are already fulfilling obligations at the Ohio State Fair.
- Questions? Contact Hannah (email@example.com), Kayla (firstname.lastname@example.org), Sarah (email@example.com) or Frances (firstname.lastname@example.org)