Opportunity for undergrads/postbacs interested in going to graduate school:
Are you an underrepresented undergraduate student looking to earn a Ph.D. in biomedical science and looking for some extra resume padding or laboratory experience to be truly competitive for a top tier graduate program?
If so, the Post-baccalaureate Research Education Program at The Ohio State University, DISCOVERY PREP might be right for you! This NIH-funded postbac program runs for one year and is designed to prepare recent college graduates for success in graduate school.
Accepted scholars are provided with:
- Paid 1-year research experience in a laboratory with a nationally recognized research mentor in a biomedical science discipline
- Graduate Record Exam (GRE) preparation assistance
- Individual mentoring
- Assistance with application preparation for Ph.D. graduate programs
- Career development workshops
- Opportunities to travel and network with other scientists throughout the nation
They are accepting applications until March 1st, 2019 but interested individuals are encouraged to APPLY EARLY. More information can be found on our web page or the application can be accessed directly here.
If you have any questions about this program, please contact Jeffrey Mason by e-mail at Jeffrey.Mason@osumc.edu or call (614-685-9140).