We are excited that the 2020 4-H year has started and that of course means it is time enroll in your club and projects. We will continue to have families complete their enrollments through 4HOnline. The deadline to enroll in Licking County 4-H is April 1, 2020. Please be sure to complete your enrollment before 11:59p.m. on April 1st.
The enrollment system can be found at: www.4honline.com.
All youth who were enrolled in 4-H in Ohio since 2014 will have a profile already made for them in 4HOnline. Even if you took off a year, even if you moved from one county or another, you will already have a family profile in the system. PLEASE DO NOT CREATE A NEW PROFILE! Only families that are completely new to 4-H should create a new profile.
Logging In for Existing Families:
- To log in, you will need to use the email address you used the last time you enrolled. Postcards with family email addresses were given to club advisors to pass out to families to remind you which email address to use. Check with your 4-H Advisor if you are not sure which email address to use.
- If your email address has changed, please email Adrienne (firstname.lastname@example.org) so she can change your family email address to your current one.
- If you’ve forgotten your password, please use the “I Forgot My Password” option to have a temporary password sent to your email address. The system will then prompt you to create a new password.
- Occasionally, you may receive a message that says the county is not accepting enrollments at this time. That is a glitch in the system. Try using a different browser or type the URL into the address bar instead of following a link. This tends to fix the problem. If you are still having trouble, contact Adrienne.
- If your family has participated in 4-H in another county and you are now wanting to enroll in Licking County 4-H, DO NOT CREATE A NEW PROFILE. Please contact Adrienne with the names of the youth and the county where you were previously enrolled so that she can request your profile be moved to Licking County.
Creating a Profile for NEW Families:
- Use the “I Need to Create a Profile” option to create your family’s profile. The email address that you use will be the one you will need to use to log in each time.
- Once you have created your profile, you will need to “Add a Family Member” in the top right corner. All 4-H members should be added as a “youth”.
Enrolling a Youth:
- In your family profile, select the “edit” button next to the name of the youth that you wish to enroll.
- Scroll down and select “Enroll for 2019-2020”.
- Ensure all contact and demographic information is correct. Make any updates needed.
- Complete the authorizations page.
- The club(s) you were enrolled in for 2019 will already be in the enrollment. If you are adding another club, add the club to your profile. If you are switching clubs, add the new club and then delete the old club.
- Any projects you were enrolled in for 2019 will already be in the enrollment. If you are not taking a project in 2020 that you enrolled in for 2019, please delete that project (edit>delete). Having accurate project enrollment helps us better plan the number of judges we need for project judging.
- When adding new projects, select the project from the dropdown menu and then click “Add Project”. Forgetting to click “Add Project” means your project will not be added to your enrollment. This step is very easy to miss when enrolling through a mobile device.
- If your child is moving from Cloverbud to project member enrollment, you DO NOT need to create a new profile. Just delete the Cloverbud project in which they are enrolled and add the new projects they wish to take.
- When the enrollment is complete, please hit the “Submit” button. Please only submit your enrollment if it is complete. If you are not sure which projects that child is taking, please just hit the “Continue” button but not the submit button. The system saves your enrollment progress each time you hit the continue button. Once you click the “Submit” button, that means your enrollment is complete and ready for Adrienne to approve. You can help save her time by waiting to click “Submit” until you know the enrollment is complete.
Helpful Tips and Resources
- Help sheets, instructions, and a video can be found on the How to Join 4-H page.
- Member Enrollment Worksheet: If you want to organize your youth’s enrollment before you go into the system, Adrienne has developed a worksheet that you can fill out to help you organize your youth’s projects. This one-page sheet may be especially helpful for families with multiple children, children who are in multiple clubs, or children who like to take several projects. The worksheet is NOT required and DOES NOT count as enrollment. It’s just a resource to help you organize your child’s enrollment and to make sure you signed them up for all of their projects. Use it as much as you like or not at all.
- After your child’s enrollment has been approved by the county (you should get a form email from 4HOnline), please go back into the profile to check and make sure the projects are correct. You can do this by selecting the “Edit” button next to their name. Then click “Participation” at the top of the page and then select the “Projects” tab. You can make changes until April 1 when the system closes. After that, please contact Adrienne if there is a mistake that needs corrected.
- If you have a child who is 18-years-old, the system will ask you if you want to enroll them as a youth or adult. Make sure you select “YOUTH”. If you enroll them as an adult, they system thinks they are an advisor. If you accidentally do this, please email Adrienne so she can fix it.
- Cloverbuds should be enrolled in one of the Cloverbud Projects (710, 711, 715). It doesn’t matter which one you select, however, your advisor may have a preference so check with them.
- All Licking County 4-H Band members should be enrolled in project “COP-Arts 1900 Performing Arts – 4-H Band”. This project is down towards the bottom of the list in the County Only Projects (COP).
If you have questions, please let Adrienne Anderson (email@example.com) or Lisa McCutcheon (firstname.lastname@example.org) know.
We look forward to having you involved in Licking County 4-H for 2020!