Do you work with Cloverbuds? Here is great blog with new articles and activities posted twice a month. The blog also has a feature to search for topics using keywords. You can also subscribe to receive email notifications when new articles are posted. https://u.osu.edu/cloverbudconnections
It is time to start 4-H enrollment for 2022! Enrollments are due April 1, 2022.
Your login credentials are the same as last year. If you have forgotten your password, please use the Reset Password option to reset your password. If you no longer have access to the email account you used last year, please email me so I can update your family profile.
Instructions on how to log in and enroll can be found on the How to Join 4-H page here: https://licking.osu.edu/program-areas/4-h-youth-development/how-join-4-h. Scroll down to the instructions for RETURNING Families. There are step-by-step instructions that you can view and print, a tip sheet, and a video.
Once you have reviewed the instructions, visit oh.4honline.com to login and enroll. Please note that the site works best in Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox. Please ensure that you are at the 4HOnline 2.0 site and have not traversed to the old site. Please note: If you search for 4HOnline through a search engine, often the first option that populates is the old site. Please make sure that the login screen looks like this:
A few things to note:
- If anyone in your family has been enrolled in 4-H anywhere in Ohio since 2014, you will have a family profile. If you have trouble accessing your family profile, please DO NOT create a new one. Contact Adrienne (email@example.com) and she will help you get access to your existing profile.
- If you have a family member who has “skipped” a year or two of 4-H, their profile may have been archived. Please contact Adrienne and let her know to reactivate the profile. Please DO NOT create a new profile. We want to utilize the existing profile for each member as all of their 4-H history is attached to the original profile.
- Please take the time to review each member’s profile as you enroll them to ensure ALL the information is there and correct. Please update any contact information that may have changed since last year.
- Please be sure that all projects are included and correct BEFORE you submit an enrollment. You will NOT be able to make changes to club/project enrollment once you click the Submit button. If you are not able to complete the enrollment in one sitting or are trying to decide on projects, the system will save each page of progress. You can leave that enrollment and come back to it later. Once you have submitted your enrollment, any changes regarding club and project enrollment will need to be made through Adrienne.
- Once you submit an enrollment, it will be listed as “awaiting review” until it is reviewed at the county level. It will either be approved or will be sent back to you if there is something that needs fixed.
- If you select a livestock, horse, dog, or shooting sports project the system will ask you to electronically sign the consent for those projects. This will replace the paper consent forms that were required for those project areas in the past.
- Cloverbud members should select either project #715 My 4-H Cloverbud year for their enrollment.
- Those joining the Licking County 4-H Band should select COP-Arts 1900 Performing Arts – 4-H Band for their project. It will be listed towards the end of the project list with the other County Only Projects (COP).
There are several scholarships available to 4-H members who are enrolling or are enrolled in post-secondary education opportunities. There are a variety of scholarships available depending on where you plan to attend and what degree you hope to pursue. Check them out here and if you qualify for any be sure to complete your application by February 15, 2022!
Thanks to the Ohio 4-H Foundation and sponsorship from Kroger, each family that was enrolled through 4-H in 2021 will have a copy of the 2022 Family Guide mailed to their home. If you haven’t gotten yours yet, don’t worry! It’s on its way! If you can’t wait until your physical copy arrives, you can always check it out online by visiting: https://ohio4h.org/books-and-resources/family-guide. And don’t forget you can also search for projects, view sample pages, and read reviews of all of our projects on the Project Central website!
The All-Ohio State Fair Youth Choir and Band are returning to the Ohio State Fair in 2022! Applications open on February 1 and will remain open through March 31. You can find out more by visiting each group’s respective website:
All-Ohio State Fair Youth Choir
All-Ohio State Fair Band
2022 Licking County Cattlemen’s Association Queen and Princess of Beef Contest:
2022 Licking County Cattlemen’s Association College Scholarship:
Check out the first ever free virtual show pig conference for you, your family, and the show pig community. This event will be held on Saturday, February 12, 2022 and will feature over twenty speakers who are excited to help you learn and succeed. This platform will also allow you to ask show pig experts the questions you have always wanted answered. If you are unable to attend live, there are options for you as well. You can register here.
If you are interested in becoming a Licking County 4-H Advisor, the 2022 Licking County 4-H Advisor Application is available. The document is a fillable PDF so you can fill out the form and save it on your computer and then print and sign, or complete electronic signatures and submit by email. Your application must have all required signatures in order to be considered complete. The completed application must be returned to the Licking County Extension Office by no later than February 1, 2022, although we encourage you to turn your application in as soon as possible to begin the process.
Please carefully review the application and ensure it is complete before submitting it. You must have ALL contact info for your references listed before we can proceed with your application. Once you have submitted your application, we encourage you to have your background check completed as soon as possible as we cannot continue with the process until we have received your background check results. We have found that background checks are typically taking 1-2 months to be processed so please do not wait do have this done.
Should you have questions, please reach out to Lisa McCutcheon at firstname.lastname@example.org or (740)670-5315.
Have you ever considered getting involved in Horse Bowl, Hippology or Horse Judging, but didn’t know where to start? We’ve got just what you need! An informational session will be held on January 25th, that will help you in better understanding each event, and allow you to sign up to participate! For those who have competed previously, please know that we want you to attend as well! The Horse Bowl contest is on April 9th and the Hippology/Judging contest is on June 13th. All 4-H members enrolling in a Horse project are eligible to participate.
Please join us for an informational meeting, so that we can establish team and plan practice dates and times…
Attendance during this organizational meeting is very important!
When: Tuesday, January 25th / 7-8:00 p.m.
Where: Online – Zoom Meeting
Please send an email to Lisa Kuhn at email@example.com so you can be sent the meeting link. Lisa is also more than happy to answer any questions you may have…
There is also a Virtual Clinic on Saturday, February 26th that you can attend to better understand how the contests will operate in a virtual setting. You can register online at: https://ohio4h.org/events/virtual-state-4-h-horse-hippologyjudginghorse-bowl-clinic . If you are planning on participating in the contests, we would strongly suggest signing up for this free clinic.
The 2022 Licking County 4-H Calendar can be found by visiting the 4-H CALENDAR page on our website. We will continue to update the calendar as additional events are scheduled or if there are changes. To ensure that you are viewing the most up-to-date version, please check the bottom right corner of the calendar to ensure that the date is the same as the “updated on” date on the website. As always, dates/times are subject to change.