The 2021 Licking County Cattlemen’s Association Beef Royalty Application and 2021 Licking County Cattlemen’s Association College Scholarship Application are available and due March 1, 2021. Applications must be returned by the deadline to the Licking County OSU Extension Office.
4-H members who will be 14 years old or older next year should have received an email about completing the Teen Interest Inventory. In case you missed it, here is the information:
We have many exciting opportunities available specifically for teens for the 2021 4-H year. Since most clubs don’t meet much, if at all, during the fall and winter, it can be easy to miss deadlines. To help you keep up on these opportunities, we ask that you please complete the Teen Interest Inventory. By completing the Teen Interest Inventory, it let’s us know which opportunities that you are interested in so that we can send you the information specific to those opportunities when it becomes available. For instance, if you mark that you are interested in becoming a camp counselor, we will send you a link to the application along with other information once it becomes available so that you don’t miss the chance to apply! This interest inventory is not a commitment to applying for the opportunities you select, it is just a way to let us know to send you more information J.
The teen opportunities are listed below. Once you have reviewed them and know which ones you are interested in, please follow this link to complete the survey: https://osu.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_78IpkZ8jHY2pC17. Please complete the survey before it closes on Thursday, October 1, 2020.
TEEN OPPORTUNITIES FOR 2021
Food & Fashion Board – Must be 14 years old as of 01/01/21. Serve as a member of the county Food & Fashion Board and actively participate in planning, organizing, and implementing nutrition/fashion related activities. These may include club visits, planning & implementing the Style Revue and assisting with additional food or fashion-related workshops. Deadline for application is September 18th. Applications will be posted at http://licking.osu.edu (4-H Youth Development / Member Resources). Interviews will be held Thursday, October 1st.
Junior Fair Board – Must be at least 15 years old as of 01/01/21. Serve as member of Hartford Junior Fair Board while planning, organizing, and implementing the Junior Fair program. A minimum of seven trainings will be held in addition to other training opportunities. Deadline for application is November 15th. Interviews will be held on Saturday, December 5th, with all members required to attend an orientation meeting on Monday, December 14th (tentative).
4-H Summer Camp Counselor – Must be at least 14 years of age as of 01/01/21. These teens will serve in a leadership capacity during June 17-21, 2021 camp for youth ages 9-15. A minimum of 9 training sessions will be held with counselors also attending Camp Counselors Workshop. Camp counselor applications are due February 12, 2021. Interviews will be held February 22, 2021.
4-H Cloverbud Day Camp Counselor – Must be at least 14 years of age as of 01/01/21. These teens will assist in planning and facilitating day camp program on Saturday, June 18th for children who are five to eight years old. Cloverbud Day Camp counselor applications are due February 12, 2021. Interviews will be held February 22, 2021.
4-H CARTEENS Facilitator – Must be at least 15 years of age as of 01/01/21. Peer-led traffic safety program conducted the first Thursday of every month in conjunction with the county Juvenile Court. Teens prepare for and present driver education program and assist with various special projects related to driver safety.
Ohio 4-H Achievement Records – Must be at least 14 years of age as of 01/01/21. Apply for county and state achievement awards, scholarships, camps and conferences using the Ohio 4-H Achievement Record. The Licking County 4-H Committee Scholarship is also part of this process. Forms are available in September and are due October 16, 2020.
4-H members in Licking County who will be age fourteen (as of 01|01|2021), are eligible for numerous opportunities, awards, and other forms of recognition…but they have to apply for them! The Achievement Awards Forms are now available for members to complete. They can be completed either through a Fillable PDF or Word documents and must be turned in to the Licking County OSU Extension Office by October 16, 2020. If you have questions about how to complete the forms, or if you would like resources, please contact Lisa McCutcheon at email@example.com.
Members who are at least a high school senior or higher during the 2020-21 school year may be eligible to apply for the Licking County 4-H Committee Scholarship. The application can be found here as a Fillable PDF and Word documents and must be completed and turned in to the Licking County OSU Extension Office by October 16, 2020.
Achievement Awards Forms and Scholarship Applications will be reviewed and selected in late October. Those selected for the scholarships, awards, and trips will be announced during our Annual Fall Recognition Event (date and format to be announced).
The Licking County Dairy Committee Educational Scholarship Application is due on May 1, 2020. Mail applications to Licking County OSU Extension, 771 East Main Street, Suite 103, Newark, Ohio 43055, ATTN: Dairy Committee Scholarship.
The application for the 2020 Hartford Fair Scholarship is now available. Applicant must be a graduating senior, live within the Hartford Fair District and be a member of one of the following: 4-H, FFA, FCCLA or Steer Pool. The Hartford Fair District comprises all of Licking County, Delaware County townships of Harlem, Trenton, Porter and Berkshire, or Knox County townships of Centerburg, Milford, Hilliar and Miller. Applicant must be pursuing an education in a 2 or 4-year program at an accredited and degree granting institution.
The application is due to the Hartford Independent Fair Office by Tuesday, March 31, 2020 at 4:00pm.
The application can be found here.
The Licking County Pest Management Committee is providing a scholarship opportunity. Applicants for the scholarship must meet the following guidelines:
- Sophomore or above in trade school or college (including Graduate Level) and enrolled for the next term.
- GPA Level: 3.0 or above
- Passionate intent to have a career path related to agriculture
- Past or present involvement with 4-H and/or FFA (or equivalent)
- Resident of Licking County
- Recipients are eligible to re-apply in following years
The application is due April 1, 2020 and can be found here.
The Licking County 4-H Beef Royalty application and the Licking County Cattlemen’s Association Scholarship are both due on March 1, 2020.
Both should be mailed/delivered to: LCCA, c/o OSU Extension – Licking County Office, 771 E. Main Street, Suite 103, Newark, OH 43055.
Licking County’s 4-H Summer Camp will be held June 13-17, 2019 at 4-H Camp Ohio.
NEW THIS YEAR: We will be using 4hOnline to register members for 4-H Summer Camp. Families will need to log into www.4honline.com just as they did for enrollment. The registration event portal will open on Monday, April 15, 2019. Please review the following information before you register your youth:
- Super Session Information: This document includes super session descriptions and a form that youth can fill out to help you register them for their super sessions.
- Instructions on how to register a youth for camp: Please read through these instructions thoroughly before you register your children for camp. Should you need help with registration, please contact Adrienne at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Registrations are due by May 17, 2019. Late registrations will be accepted if there is still room from May 18-24, 2019 with an additional fee. We have filled camp over the last two years and have had a wait list. Please register your child early to ensure them a spot.
4-H Summer Camp is also open to non-Licking County 4-H members. Since these participants do not have access to 4hOnline, they will need to complete the paper registration found here and turn it into the Licking County Extension Office with payment. We will register them within the system as we receive their registrations.
- Super Sessions have a limit to the number of youth that can attend and fill on a first come, first served basis. Once a session is full, the system will no longer allow you to select it. You will need to make a different selection for that session. It will be helpful to you to have your child fill out the paper session form by ranking their choices. Participants may not take the same session multiple times. For example, a member cannot take Creeking/Stream Study for more than one session.
- Pay attention to sessions that are listed as double or triple. If you select a double or triple session, you will need to select the appropriate option from the second/third session for that day that reflect the fact that the participant will be in a double or triple session. For example, if you select 114 Zip Line & Climbing Wall, you would not select a 200 or 300 session. You would select “Participating in a session continued from 9:15 (High Ropes, Pistol, Zip Line) for both the 200 and 300 sessions. Look at the sample in the instructions to help you with this.
- Some session have age restrictions. Please do not sign up for a session if your child does not meet the age requirements.
- The 4hOnline system cannot accept online payments. You will need to print the final confirmation page and submit it to the extension office with your payment WITHIN ONE WEEK of submitting your registration in order for us to hold your spot. If payment is not received within one week, you will forfeit your child’s spot to another camper.
- Camp scholarships are available to Licking County 4-H Members. The application is due with your registration confirmation page to the Licking County Extension Office by 4:30pm on May 17, 2019. NO LATE APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED. The application can be found here.
- Children of 2019 Licking County Farm Bureau members can take advantage of a $50 discount off their camp fee. You must have a valid, 2019 membership and must supply that membership number in the registration. This discount is only valid for the children of active members. It cannot be another family member’s membership (i.e. grandparent, aunt/uncle, friend, etc.). The system does not automatically remove the amount from the final camp cost. Please make note on your confirmation page and write your check for the appropriate amount ($120 for those registered by the deadline).
The cost of camp was set to be $200 per member. Thanks to the generous support of the Granville Kiwanis and the Licking County Farm Bureau and the sponsors of the Farmer’s Share Breakfast, we received enough support to take $30 off every camp registration and $20 off every counselor’s fee. We are overwhelmed with the wonderful support and are so excited to be able to offer camp at a discounted rate this year!
Should you have questions about the Camp Scholarship Application or other questions about camp, please contact Lisa at email@example.com.
The 2019 Hartford Fair Youth Scholarship is due by Monday, March 11, 2019 to the Hartford Fair, 14028 Fairgrounds Rd NW, Croton, Ohio 43013. Application and rules can be found here.
The 2019 Licking County Cattlemen’s Association Queen and Princess of Beef application is now available here. The application is due by February 1, 2019. All rules and requirements can be found within the application.
The 2019 Licking County Cattlemen’s Scholarship is also available here and is due on February 1, 2019.