Market Goat Tagging will take place on Saturday, May 21, 2022 from 10:00am to Noon in the Goat Barn on the Hartford Fairgrounds. The cost is $2 per animal and exhibitors may tag up to six animals. Scrapies tags are required for identification.
Market Lamb tagging will take place on Saturday, May 7, 2022 from 9:00am to Noon at the Hartford Fairgrounds at the Sheriff Office (east side of the track just south of the Swine Complex). The cost is $3 per head. Scrapies tags are required for identification.
Dairy Feeder weigh-in will take place on Saturday, June 5, 2021 from 9:00am to noon at the Hartford Fairgrounds at the west end of Grubb Arena. The cost is $10 per animal and includes tagging and vaccinations. Please enter through Gate D and then drive straight through the Hondros Family Beef Barn. You will then unload in front of Grubb arena to be weighed, tagged, and vaccinated. You will then reload your animal(s) and proceed out Gate C. Please note: all calves must be dehorned / castrated prior to June 5th in order to be tagged.
Market Lamb Tagging will be held on Saturday, May 1, 2021 at the Hartford Fairgrounds at the Sheriff’s Office which is south of the Swine Complex. Tagging will take place from 9:00am to Noon. Cost is $3 per lamb and a member may tag up to 6 lambs.
In an effort to reduce points of contact on Saturday, December 12th, during the Hartford Fair Market Steer / Heifer Weigh-in, all exhibitors are asked to complete a pre-registration form (in place of the traditional registration card) for each animal. Exhibitors are asked to complete this online registration by no later than 1:00 p.m. on Friday, December 11th, so that the information can be printed and available to staff during weigh-in for record keeping purposes. The pre-registration form can be found online at www.go.osu.edu/HartfordMarketBeefRegistration. Please ensure that all information is accurate, and complete, prior to submission.
SPECIAL NOTE: When attending weigh-in, only one person may accompany animals through chute area (exhibitor attendance is not required), and masks must be worn at all times. Cost to purchase EID Tag is $5.00, with exact change expected. Please remain in your truck when not participating in weigh-in procedures. Persons who are ill, have someone ill within their household, or who are in quarantine / isolation are reminded to stay home.
HARTFORD DAIRY FEEDER CALVES.
- June 6th | Tag / Weigh / Vaccination at the Hartford Fairgrounds (Grubb Arena – West End)
- Instructions will be distributed in advance of June 6th, as any social-distancing guidelines in place at that time will be followed.
- Reminder that dairy feeder calves must be castrated and dehorned in advance of June 6th, and it is recommended that they be healed by that time.
- Processing fee of $10 per calf will be charged, to cover cost of tag and vaccines.
- Additional details: Must be born after January 1st, and be of 100% Holstein or Brown Swiss breeding
HARTFORD MARKET GOATS.
- June 6th | Market Goat ID Forms due to the Hartford Fair (in-person tagging will NOT be held)
- Forms can be submitted by mail, drop-off to mail slot in Hartford Fair Office door, or by email (email@example.com)
- Scrapies tags are required of ALL GOATS in 2020, and this obviously includes Market Goats, and tag number must be listed on ID Form.
- ID Form located online here.
HARTFORD MARKET LAMBS.
- June 6th | Market Lamb ID Forms due to the Hartford Fair (in-person tagging will NOT be held)
- Forms can be submitted by mail, drop-off to mail slot in Hartford Fair Office door, or by email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Scrapies tags are now required of ALL MARKET LAMBS, and tag number must be listed on ID Form.
- If you had purchased a wether lamb from within Ohio, which did not previously require a Scrapies tag, please reach out to the producer to obtain a tag right away.
- ID Form located online here.
All steers and heifers (including Delaware, Knox & Licking Counties) that may be exhibited during the 2020 Hartford Junior Fair Market Steer & Heifer show must be marked by ear tag and tattoo on SATURDAY, JANUARY 18, 2020, at the Hartford fairgrounds (Grubb Arena – West End) between 8 a.m. and 11:00 a.m. (NOTE: We are no longer there until noon). Up to four (4) steers or heifers can be tagged for the Hartford Fair per exhibitor.
Tagging fee is $1.00 per tagged animal. Exhibitors must complete a registration card for each animal, which requires the exhibitor’s signature. If the exhibitor will be unable to attend weigh-in procedures, please stop by the Licking County Extension Office and pick up the registration card(s) to be signed by exhibitor in advance.
OSF Junior Fair Market Steer / Heifer DNA samples will NOT be collected during Hartford Fair Steer / Heifer Weigh-In. OSF DNA samples must be submitted by the exhibitor directly to the OSF by no later than January 15th. For additional information, contact Lisa McCutcheon at email@example.com. DNA sample packets are available by contacting the Ohio State Fair directly, or your local Extension office may have some available. See attachment for additional details.
Questions? Give us a call at 740-670-5315. In case of inclement weather conditions, listen to WCLT-AM, WHTH-AM, or visit www.licking.osu.edu for an announcement. Announcement will also be made on the Hartford Fair and Licking County 4-H Facebook pages. Make-up date, if necessary, will be Saturday, January 25, 2020.
Are you exhibiting in the Junior Breeding Rabbit or Market Rabbit or Poultry at the 2019 Hartford Fair?
If your answer is yes, we can’t wait to see you July 13, 2019!
All junior breeding rabbit or market poultry and rabbit projects to be eligible for the 2019 Hartford must be brought to registration on July 13, 2019 in the rabbit and poultry barn 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM.
The rabbit or poultry project must be brought to the fairgrounds and checked in by an exhibitor or someone representing the exhibitor to be eligible. Rabbit exhibitors please fill out the registration form and bring with your rabbit to registration to help speed up the process.
All rabbits are required to be tattooed and poultry projects must be banded. There will be tattooing and banding offered by the Rabbit and Poultry Committee at registration, tattooing is $1.00 per rabbit or poultry entry. All rabbits to be exhibited
Junior breeding rabbits are those under 6 months of age at the 2019 fair.
If an exhibitor or a representative for them is UNABLE to bring their project to registration the fair board must be notified by end of day on July 12, 2019. If notice is not received, the project is not eligible to for the 2019 Hartford Fair.
Notice is to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. The email notice should include the following:
Exhibitors name, phone number, 4-H Club, and project information (ex breed of rabbit or market and tattoo).
If you have any questions please send an email to email@example.com.
Many important events will take place on May 4, 2019. Please check the list below to make sure that you are where you need to be if any of these events apply to you:
- Market Lamb Tagging – 9 a.m.-12 p.m. (Hartford Fairgrounds). Up to 6 lambs may be tagged at that time. Fee: $3/animal
- Turkey Banding – 10a.m.-2p.m. Rabbit & Poultry Barn, Hartford Fairgrounds. Fee: $1/animal
- Breeding Poultry Banding – 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Rabbit & Poultry Barn, Hartford Fairgrounds. Fee: $1/animal
- Breeding Rabbits Registration/Tattooing – Sr. Rabbits – 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Rabbit & Poultry Barn, Hartford Fairgrounds. Fee: $1/animal
- Intro to Food & Clothing Projects Workshop – 10 a.m.-noon. Licking County Extension Office. RSVP by April 29th at 740.670.5315
REMINDER FOR RABBITS/POULTRY: If the Exhibitor or a representative for them is UNABLE to bring their project to the appropriate registration; the Exhibitor is required to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The email notice must be received by end of business day the day prior to registration. The email must contain the exhibitor’s name, 4-H Club, phone number and project information. Emails regarding projects received the day of registration or after are not eligible.