ALL youth planning to show livestock at the 2020 Hartford Independent Fair must complete a Quality Assurance Training. This requirement must be met by 11:59 p.m. on July 1st in order for that member to exhibit livestock at the 2020 Hartford Fair. No exceptions will be made…
If you received an email from Lisa McCutcheon Thursday evening saying we don’t have record of a member of your family not completing their QA requirement, here’s what you need to do:
- If the 4-H member has DROPPED YOUR LIVESTOCK PROJECT, please just let us know and we will remove it from their enrollment record – and that will take them off the list to attend a QA training.
- If you ALREADY COMPLETED A TRAINING, and our records are incorrect, please reach out to Lisa (email@example.com) so that we can make that correction. Simply provide the date and format in which you completed training, and we will work to verify that attendance.
- If you STILL NEED TO ATTEND a Livestock Quality Assurance training, you need to sign up for a training…
- You have just ONE OPTION, until July 1st at 11:59 p.m.:
- YQCA National Training ($12 per person). You must follow the instructions posted online at https://licking.osu.edu/sites/licking/files/imce/Program_Pages/4H/QualityAssurance/Getting%20Your%20YQCA%20Online%20Certification.pdf, complete payment, and then they will grant you access to the training modules and exam. This training can be completed any time of day, until July 1st at 11:59 p.m. Once complete, please forward to Lisa (firstname.lastname@example.org) a copy of your certificate.
- A Piece of Advice: The training and exam must be completed prior to 11:59 p.m. on July 1st, not just be underway. When your training is complete, your certificate is date and time- stamped in the system… Please don’t wait until the last minute to attempt this training – it takes approximately an hour to complete the training, and the payment process takes time in advance of you being granted access to start the training.
Should you have any questions, PLEASE be sure to ask! We want to help you, we want to make sure that you attend a QA training, we want to make sure that you are eligible to show at the Hartford Fair… But when it comes down to it, you are responsible for reading this information and completing a training. We will do our best to assist you in every other way!