All Market Rabbits and Market Poultry (except Turkeys which were banded on May 6th) must attend the Poultry and Rabbit Banding/Tattooing/Registration that will take place on Saturday, July 8th from 10:00am to 2:00pm in the Beef Barn at the Hartford Fairgrounds. Cost for rabbit is $1/animal. Please bring your completed Rabbit Registration Form with you to tattooing. For poultry, the cost is $1/entry. This process will be done in a two-line drive-thru process. Please enter through Gate D, proceed through the parking lot and enter the appropriate line at the north end of the Beef Barn. Once complete, please exit out of the south end of the Beef Barn and then exit the fairgrounds through Gate C.
The May Rabbit Tattooing and Poultry Banding will take place on Saturday, May 6, 2023 from 10:00am to 2:00pm. This will take place behind the grandstands. Please enter Gate C, then turn right at the first driveway. There will be a rabbit line and a poultry line. Exit will be through Gate B. This will be a drive-through style process as has been done over the last few years. The fee is $1/animal.
Members with the following projects are required to have their rabbits tattooed and poultry banded on this day:
- ALL Breeding Poultry
- Market Turkeys
- Senior Breeding Rabbits
PLEASE NOTE: There are many things happening on the fairgrounds on Saturday, May 6th. Please follow the process listed above to ensure that you are in the correct area of the fairgrounds for tattooing/banding. Those attending market lamb tagging will also be entering Gate C, but will continue straight in order to head to the front of the Sheriff Office where tagging is taking place. Please avoid the area around Grubb Arena, the Hondros Beef Barn, and B. Carr Pavilion as there is a large vendor fair taking place in that area.
Market Rabbit Tattooing/Registration and Meat Poultry Banding will take place on Saturday, July 9, 2022 from 10:00a.m. to 2:00p.m. at the Hondros Family Beef Barn at the Hartford Fairgrounds. ALL market rabbits and meat poultry (except turkeys which were banded on May 7) MUST attend in order to be eligible to show and sell at the 2022 Hartford Fair. The cost is $1.00 per animal/entry.
Poultry Wing Banding for Meat Turkeys and all Breeding/Fancy Poultry will be held on Saturday, May 7, 2022 from 10:00am to 2:00pm at the Hartford Fairgrounds in the Beef Barn (north end of the fairgrounds by Gate D1). Cost is $1 per entry. NOTE: All other meat poultry (market chickens and ducks) will be banded July 9, 2022.
Senior Breeding Rabbit Registration and Tattooing will be held on Saturday, May 7, 2022 from 10:00am to 2:00pm at the Hartford Fairgrounds in the Beef Barn (north end of the fairgrounds by Gate D1). Cost is $1 per entry. Please complete the Rabbit Registration form and bring it with you to turn in when you register your rabbits. NOTE: Junior breeding rabbits and market rabbits will be registered/tattooed July 9, 2022.
Tattooing for Market Rabbits and Junior Breeding Rabbits as well as banding for all Meat Poultry (except turkeys) will be held on Saturday, July 10, 2021 from 10:00a.m. to 2:00p.m. at the Rabbit and Poultry Barn at the Hartford Fairgrounds. The fee for both species is $1.00 per animal.
2021 Banding for Breeding Poultry and Market Turkeys along with Senior Rabbit Registration will take place at the Hartford Fairgrounds on Saturday May 1, 2021. Banding and registration will run from 10:00am through 2:00pm and will be held at the Hondros Beef Barn on the north end of the fairgrounds by gate D1. The cost is $1 per animal. The rabbit registration form can be found here. We encourage you to print out and complete the registration form and bring it with you to save time during the process.
Date: July 11, 2020
Time: 8:00am -3:00pm on a first come first serve basis.
Please DO NOT line up prior to 7:30 AM.
- Enter the Fairgrounds from Croton Road at Gate D.
- Traffic will be one way from the Gate D parking lot entering the fairgrounds through Gate D1.
- Rabbit registration/tattooing and Poultry Banding will be drive-thru at Gate D1 and Beef Barn driveways.
- Please follow signage to keep traffic flow traveling and stay in your vehicle. Select and follow the line to your designated area.
- We will not have any walk-up tattoo/banding or registration areas.
- Only the exhibitor and up to two assistants allowed out of the vehicle to help with animals. Everyone else please stay in the vehicle.
- Face coverings (masks or shields) are strongly encouraged, but not required.
- Please use hand sanitizers prior to working with volunteers assisting with banding/registration.
- When you are done, please reload your animals and exit the area.
- If you must exit your vehicle for any reason, please practice social distancing as appropriate.
Poultry Drive thru Banding and Registration:
- Poultry Banding Cost is $1.00 per entry, maximum cost of $6.00. CASH ONLY!
- Poultry exhibitors and assistants will remain in their vehicles until it is their turn.
- Enter at Gate D1 traveling one way into the fairgrounds on the driveway to line up. Please stay in line!
- Each vehicle will be assigned a number to be placed on the windshield.
- A bander and clerk will come to the vehicles in numeric order to record and band birds.
- Only the exhibitor and 2 assistants out of the vehicle at time of banding.
- Once your birds have been banded and recorded, the clerk will take payment to the cashier. Please have exact change. No cards accepted!
- Once payment transaction complete please exit the line in a one way fashion.
Drive thru Rabbit Registration and Tattooing:
- Enter at Gate D1, when entering the Beef Barn select the proper drive-thru lane based on the information below:
- Registration Only (for exhibitors with ALL rabbits already tattooed)
- Example: All your rabbits have a tattoo in the left ear: Select Registration Only line.
- Even if the rabbit has a tattoo and previously exhibited at The Hartford Fair, you are still required to register the rabbit each year.
- Needs Tattooed (for exhibitors with ANY rabbits that need tattooed)
- Example: You have 1 rabbit already tattooed and 1 rabbit that is not, select the Needs Tattooed line.
- Example: None of my rabbits have been tattooed, select the Needs Tattooed line.
- All Market Rabbits to be tattooed will be assigned a tattoo.
- Breeding rabbits that need tattooed, please be prepared with your tattoo info.
- Tattoos are $1.00 per rabbit, CASH ONLY!
- Only the exhibitor and 2 assistants to be out of the vehicle when handling rabbits.
- Exhibitors bring your completed rabbit registration form to keep transactions moving. Rabbit Registration Form can be found here.
- If you forget your registration form we will have some available day of registration.
- Once your rabbits have been tattooed, the clerk will take payment to the cashier. Please have exact change. No cards accepted!
- Once payment transaction or registration is complete please exit the line in a one way fashion through the fairgrounds.
- Registration Only (for exhibitors with ALL rabbits already tattooed)
Pre-Fair Updates and Reminders:
Buyer Thank You Signs 2020 Guidelines:
- Buyer Thank You Signs are permitted to be constructed on a half poster board sheet (14”X 22”).
- No wooden, metal, vinyl, or full poster board size signs permitted to be hung in the barn.
- No club decorations permitted in the barn.
- Exhibitors will turn in Buyer Thank You Signs to the Fair Board during the show (Poultry on Sunday or Rabbits on Monday).
- The Fair Board will hang ALL signs after the show and dispose of signs after the fair. Buyer Thank You Signs will NOT be returned to the exhibitors.
- No stalling for 2020. All shows are haul-in for rabbits and poultry.
- There will NOT be cages available on day of show for use.
- Market exhibitors will take their project home after the show.
There will NOT be a packer truck this year for rabbits or poultry.
Are you exhibiting in the Junior Breeding Rabbit or Market Rabbit or Poultry at the 2019 Hartford Fair?
If your answer is yes, we can’t wait to see you July 13, 2019!
All junior breeding rabbit or market poultry and rabbit projects to be eligible for the 2019 Hartford must be brought to registration on July 13, 2019 in the rabbit and poultry barn 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM.
The rabbit or poultry project must be brought to the fairgrounds and checked in by an exhibitor or someone representing the exhibitor to be eligible. Rabbit exhibitors please fill out the registration form and bring with your rabbit to registration to help speed up the process.
All rabbits are required to be tattooed and poultry projects must be banded. There will be tattooing and banding offered by the Rabbit and Poultry Committee at registration, tattooing is $1.00 per rabbit or poultry entry. All rabbits to be exhibited
Junior breeding rabbits are those under 6 months of age at the 2019 fair.
If an exhibitor or a representative for them is UNABLE to bring their project to registration the fair board must be notified by end of day on July 12, 2019. If notice is not received, the project is not eligible to for the 2019 Hartford Fair.
Notice is to be sent to email@example.com. The email notice should include the following:
Exhibitors name, phone number, 4-H Club, and project information (ex breed of rabbit or market and tattoo).
If you have any questions please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Many important events will take place on May 4, 2019. Please check the list below to make sure that you are where you need to be if any of these events apply to you:
- Market Lamb Tagging – 9 a.m.-12 p.m. (Hartford Fairgrounds). Up to 6 lambs may be tagged at that time. Fee: $3/animal
- Turkey Banding – 10a.m.-2p.m. Rabbit & Poultry Barn, Hartford Fairgrounds. Fee: $1/animal
- Breeding Poultry Banding – 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Rabbit & Poultry Barn, Hartford Fairgrounds. Fee: $1/animal
- Breeding Rabbits Registration/Tattooing – Sr. Rabbits – 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Rabbit & Poultry Barn, Hartford Fairgrounds. Fee: $1/animal
- Intro to Food & Clothing Projects Workshop – 10 a.m.-noon. Licking County Extension Office. RSVP by April 29th at 740.670.5315
REMINDER FOR RABBITS/POULTRY: If the Exhibitor or a representative for them is UNABLE to bring their project to the appropriate registration; the Exhibitor is required to send an email to email@example.com. The email notice must be received by end of business day the day prior to registration. The email must contain the exhibitor’s name, 4-H Club, phone number and project information. Emails regarding projects received the day of registration or after are not eligible.
Senior Breeding Rabbit Registration
Market Turkeys, Layers and Fancy Poultry Banding:
First Saturday in May
May 4, 2019
10:00 AM – 2:00 PM
Rabbit and Poultry Barn
Junior Breeding and Market Rabbit Registration
Market Poultry Banding:
2nd Saturday in July
July 13, 2019
10:00 AM – 2:00 PM
Rabbit and Poultry Barn
The Licking County Rabbit and Poultry Committee will have individuals available to Tattoo rabbits $1.00 per animal and band/blood test poultry $1.00 per project.
ALL rabbit or poultry projects to be exhibited are required to be brought to the fairgrounds by the exhibitor or a representative for the exhibitor on the designated date above.
NEW Process for Scheduling Conflicts:
If the Exhibitor or a representative for them is UNABLE to bring their project to the appropriate registration; the Exhibitor is required to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The email notice must be received by end of business day the day prior to registration. The email must contain the exhibitor’s name, 4-H Club, phone number and project information. Emails regarding projects received the day of registration or after are not eligible.