The application to be a Licking County 4-H Camp Counselor for 2023 is due January 6, 2023! 4-H Cloverbud Day Camp will take place on June 3, 2023 and 4-H Summer Camp will take place June 17-21, 2023. Applicants must be 14 years old as of January 1, 2023 to be eligible to apply.
2023 Licking County 4-H Camp Counselor Application (this application is for both Summer Camp AND Cloverbud Day Camp Counselor applicants): https://go.osu.edu/2023CounselorApplication
- Application is due by January 6, 2023.
- Follow the link above to the application. You’ll complete your responses, read the Standards of Behavior and Camp Counselor Contract, and then both you and parent will electronically sign your application. The application can be completed easily on a computer or mobile device.
- NEW APPLICANTS: Once you have completed your application, please reach out to Lisa (firstname.lastname@example.org) to schedule your interview. Interviews will be held on January 17, 2023.
2023 Camp Counselor Reference Form: https://go.osu.edu/2023CounselorReference
- Please note, this link can be shared with your reference contacts. They will then follow the link to a survey, and complete their feedback about your skills and abilities, and submit online.
- ALL APPLICANTS: Please remember that we must receive at least two reference forms on your behalf…
Please reach out to Lisa McCutcheon (email@example.com) or Adrienne Anderson (firstname.lastname@example.org) with questions.
Parents, do you have egg-loving kids between the ages of 5-18? We’re excited to share an Egg Design Submission opportunity from Incredible Egg for kids across the U.S., with selected egg designs featured as part of a special Easter exhibit in 2023. The theme for 2023 Egg Design Submission Call is the “United States of Possibility” and we challenge your kids to show what makes their home state/territory special!
Visit https://www.incredibleegg.org/unitedstatesofpossibility to download the submission form and get started. Submissions are open from 10/28 to 12/31, with one winner selected from each U.S. state/territory. We can’t wait to see all the eggcellent designs from kids across the U.S.!
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Ends 12/31/22. Open to legal residents of US states/territories who submit for their child (age 5-18). Void where prohibited. For rules, visit www.incredibleegg.org/unitedstatesofpossibility/rules.
The Champaign County Dairy Council will host their annual Dairy Feeder Clinic on Saturday, January 14, 2023 starting at 11:00am at the Champaign County Fairgrounds. Please register by January 6th by contacting the Champaign County 4-H Office at 937-484-1526 or emailing Melinda Ryan at email@example.com.
The Federal Communications Commission recently released new broadband maps that will be used to determine the amount of funding Ohio will receive to expand broadband access throughout the state via BEAD (the Broadband Equity, Access, and Deployment program).
To improve the maps and ensure Ohio receives as much support as possible, we need your help!
By Jan. 13, 2023, we need as many Ohioans as possible to check the federal maps, and if there is an inconsistency about their local internet availability, submit supporting information online.
1. Search for your address at: broadbandmap.fcc.gov
2. Click on the settings “gear” and make sure “All Wired and Licensed Fixed Wireless” is selected under technology.
3. Check to ensure the location status is correct. If not, click “Location Change”.
4. Check to see if the list is accurate for the listed service providers. Can they actually deliver internet at the speeds listed in the table? If not, click “Availability Change”.
The Licking County 4-H Committee purchases special gifts for volunteers and 4-H youth who are recognized at and attend our annual 4-H Achievement Night. The extra items are now available for purchase on a first come, first served basis. These make great gifts! All money from these items will go back to the 4-H Committee for use to purchase ribbons/awards, fund trips, and support the 4-H program in a variety of ways. Items can be purchased at the Licking County Extension Office with cash or check only (checks made payable to Licking County 4-H Committee).
White metal cabin mug features the 4-H logo and motto. Mug will hold 24 ounces.
White notebook features the 4-H logo and motto. Contains lined pages, ribbon bookmark, and elastic band. Notebook measures 7″ x 5″.
Green Burlap Tote:
Green buffalo check burlap tote features the 4-H logo and motto. Tote measures 16″L x 14″H x 7″W
Zipper pouch is made from canvas material with a green zipper that runs the length of the top of the pouch and features the 4-H logo and motto. Perfect for storing pencils and pens as well as makeup or other small items. Pouch measures 10.5″L x 5.5″H
In case you’ve been wondering…
The Hartford Fair placed THIRD in their region of 14 counties, behind Guernsey and Muskingum Counties, in Farm Credit’s 2022 Stock the Trailer contest! Hartford Fair families and guests contributed 8,214 pounds of food for the Food Pantry Network of Licking County! Across Ohio, 70 counties participated, collecting more than 200,000 lbs of food for local food pantries! In recognition of their third place finish, the Hartford Fair received $1,500 from Farm Credit!
Be prepared to step up your game in 2023 – we’re shooting for FIRST place!
It is time to start 4-H enrollment for 2023! Enrollments are due April 1, 2023. Please review the information below before starting your enrollment.
Your login credentials are the same as last year. If you have forgotten your password, please use the Reset Password option to reset your password. If you no longer have access to the email account you used last year, please email me so I can update your family profile.
Instructions on how to log in and enroll can be found on the How to Join 4-H page here: https://licking.osu.edu/program-areas/4-h-youth-development/how-join-4-h. Scroll down to the instructions for RETURNING Families. There are step-by-step instructions that you can view and print, a tip sheet, and a video.
Once you have reviewed the instructions, visit oh.4honline.com to login and enroll. Please note that the site works best in Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox. Please ensure that you are at the 4-HOnline 2.0 site and have not traversed to the old site. Please note: If you search for 4-HOnline through a search engine, often the first option that populates is the old site. Please make sure that the login screen looks like this:
A few things to note:
- There is an advertisement at the bottom of the 4-HOnline page for “Auction Frogs”. We have no control over this showing up in your profile. You should be able to click the X in the upper, right-hand corner of the green box to dismiss it.
- There are several new and revised projects. One change that will likely be important for many of our members has to do with the rabbit projects. The three rabbit projects (225 Breeding Rabbit, 226 Market Rabbit, and 227 Pet Rabbit) have all been combined into one project book (new book coming soon). When looking to enroll in a rabbit project, you will want to look for project 228BR Breeding Rabbit, 228MA Market Rabbit, and/or 228PE Pet Rabbit.
- If anyone in your family has been enrolled in 4-H anywhere in Ohio since 2014, you will have a family profile. If you have trouble accessing your family profile, please DO NOT create a new one. Contact Adrienne (firstname.lastname@example.org) and she will help you get access to your existing profile.
- If you have a family member who has “skipped” a year or two of 4-H, their profile may have been archived. Please contact Adrienne and let her know to reactivate the profile. Please DO NOT create a new profile. We want to utilize the existing profile for each member as all of their 4-H history is attached to the original profile.
- Please take the time to review each member’s profile as you enroll them to ensure ALL the information is there and correct. Please update any contact information that may have changed since last year.
- Please be sure that all projects are included and correct BEFORE you submit an enrollment. You will NOT be able to make changes to club/project enrollment once you click the Submit button. If you are not able to complete the enrollment in one sitting or are trying to decide on projects, the system will save each page of progress. You can leave that enrollment and come back to it later. Once you have submitted your enrollment, any changes regarding club and project enrollment will need to be made through Adrienne.
- Once you submit an enrollment, it will be listed as “awaiting review” until it is reviewed at the county level. It will either be approved or will be sent back to you if there is something that needs fixed.
- If you select a livestock, horse, dog, or shooting sports project the system will ask you to electronically sign the consent for those projects.
- Cloverbud members should select the project My 4-H Cloverbud year for their enrollment.
- Those joining the Licking County 4-H Band should select COP-Arts 1900 Performing Arts – 4-H Band for their project. It will be listed towards the end of the project list with the other County Only Projects (COP).
The 2023 Ohio 4-H Conference will be held on Saturday, March 11, 2023 at the Greater Columbus Convention Center in Columbus, Ohio. The conference is a great opportunity to gather new ideas, get updates about 4-H, meet/connect with new people, and celebrate our volunteers and teens. The conference includes break out sessions for both teens and adult volunteers, as well as a luncheon, trade show, and silent auction. You can find a list of sessions, registration form, vendor application, and silent auction donation form HERE. Cost to attend is $40 per person.
Please return the registration form along with payment to the Licking County Extension Office by February 9, 2023 so that we can get you registered. Check should be made payable to: Licking County 4-H Committee.
Did you know $111 million goes to waste if not claimed for post-secondary education opportunities? Ohio 4-H is partnering with the Ohio Department of Higher Education to help answer questions families may have about the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FASFA).
This program will be held virtually on Thursday, January 12, 2023 from 6:00-7:00pm. Register by visiting https://go.osu.edu/fafsa4u
Camp-loving, hard-working, out-going and passionate?… Raise your hand if that’s you! 4-H Camp Ohio is hiring PROGRAM INSTRUCTORS for both their seasonal positions (March-November) and summer positions (May-August). If you have a passion for youth development and the outdoors, they want you.
Some prerequisites include:
- At least 18 years of age.
- High School graduate, additional education preferred.
- Desire and ability to work with children outdoors.
- CPR, First Aid, Blood Borne Pathogens, and AED training to be completed by the first day of employment.
- Lifeguard certification is highly preferred, but not required for the right candidate.
- Must LOVE camp!!!
What we offer:
- 4-H Camp Ohio pays a competitive rate and specific salary is based on qualifications and experience.
- Room, Board and Meals provided during program times.
- Laundry facilities and wifi provided.
- All necessary adventure, recreation and outdoor education training will be provided in house.
Head to www.4hcampohio.org/employment for more information about this role and the adventure that awaits. APPLY TODAY! Applications can be completed on our website and are open now through March 1st (unless filled prior).
Please contact Jaymie Dumican at email@example.com with any questions regarding the Program Instructor position.
Is food where your passion is at? Interested in being on a team behind-the-scenes?
We are looking to add to our incredible kitchen team that makes it all happen in the Dining Hall. We have both seasonal and summer positions to fill!
Some prerequisites include:
- Training and experience in cooking for large groups.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Knowledge of standards of food preparation and serving and kitchen procedures.
- Ability to read menus, weights, and measures.
Please contact Heather Swihart-Rine at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions regarding the Cook position.
Head to www.4hcampohio.org/employment for more information about this role. APPLY TODAY! Applications can be completed on our website and are open now through March 1st (unless filled prior).