CALL for Proposals: TAP Review Fall 2019
The fall 2019 issue of the Trans Asia Photography Review is open to all topics relating to historical or contemporary photography in all regions of Asia (East Asia, South Asia, Southeast Asia and West Asia). We are interested in a wide range of approaches, and in both art and vernacular photography from the nineteenth, twentieth and twenty-first centuries.
Proposal deadline is April 8, 2019. If your proposal is accepted after preliminary review, then completed projects are due on June 3, 2019. Full peer reviews will take place at that time.
Please use the following formats to submit proposals:
- Article (length open). Your proposal should contain an abstract and the author’s CV.
- Curatorial project (10-15 images with introductory text). Your proposal should contain up to 5 thumbnail images in a pdf file, not to exceed 50 MB in total. Please send your images to firstname.lastname@example.org via www.wetransfer.com or a similar service. Images should be accompanied by a brief introduction and your CV; these may be included in the pdf or sent separately via email.
- Translation (from an Asian language into English) of historical or contemporary articles about photography. Your proposal should contain information about the work to be translated and the translator’s CV.
- Interview. Your proposal should contain background information about the interviewee and the interviewer’s CV.
- Book/exhibition review. Your proposal should contain the title of the book or exhibition and the reviewer’s CV. (Note: An exhibition being reviewed must have a catalogue.)
Editor, Trans Asia Photography Review