Please follow these steps to complete the Application to Graduate form and to schedule the DNP Final Project Presentation and Defense:
Step 1: Completion of the Application to Graduate Form
The student must initiate the electronic Application to Graduate form available via the Graduate School at https://gradforms.osu.edu before the deadline. The ideal deadline to complete the form is one term prior to the graduation term.
Faculty Adviser Responsibility:
The adviser must electronically approve the Application to Graduate form after it has been submitted to indicate that the student is ready to graduate.
Step 2: Scheduling the DNP Final Project Presentation and Defense
In collaboration with the committee members and adviser, the student determines three possible dates and times of the Defense. Once the three preferred dates and times of the defense are determined, the student must complete the DNP Defense Scheduling survey:
- Items for the DNP Defense survey: The three preferred dates and times, and method for the DNP defense must be approved by the faculty advisor and committee members before completing this survey.
- Did your advisor and committee members approve the time and date of your defense?
- Student’s Name/Email/Phone:
- Title for the DNP Final Project:
- Name and Ohio State email address of Committee Chair and all Committee Members
- Preferred date and time for the defense (committee approved)
- Please indicate your preferred pronouns
- Please indicate your AV needs
- Please indicate the expected number of people attending the public presentation
Graduate Academic Program Coordinator Responsibility:
The results of the DNP Defense Scheduling survey will be routed to the Graduate Academic Program Coordinator.
- The Graduate Academic Program Coordinator will create a Zoom link for the defense
- The Graduate Academic Program Coordinator will send the Outlook invitation upon receiving the results of the DNP Defense Scheduling Survey, but no later than two weeks prior to the defense. The meeting invitation will include the Defense Zoom link, and will be sent to the following groups or individuals:
- Committee members
- Graduate Data Manager
- It is the student’s responsibility to ensure all information included in the Outlook invitation is accurate and all committee members have been included on the invitation.
The college-wide defense announcement will be sent once per week, on Mondays, starting two weeks prior to the first defense scheduled and ending once all defenses are complete. The announcement will be sent to the following list serves:
- The student will verify their advisor, committee members and Graduate Data Manager have been included on the meeting invitation sent by the Graduate Academic Program Coordinator.
- If the date of the Defense is cancelled, the student must contact the Graduate Academic Program Coordinator to cancel the Defense. The Graduate Academic Program Coordinator will then cancel the Outlook invitation, thereby notifying the committee and the Data Manager. The student will be required to resubmit the DNP Defense Scheduling survey with the new date and time for the rescheduled defense.
Faculty Adviser Responsibility:
The advisor will log into the Zoom link provided in the Outlook calendar invitation prior to the start of the Final Project Defense. The advisor will ensure that all committee members are present for both the public presentation, and the private committee discussion of the student’s performance and the decision about the outcome. It is the responsibility of the advisor to ensure only the committee members and student remain logged into the Zoom link at the conclusion of the public presentation, as the private committee discussion of the defense is not a public meeting. After discussion among the committee, the satisfactory/unsatisfactory decision is reached by means of a vote. Each Final Project Committee member must indicate satisfactory performance.
Committee Members Responsibility:
All committee members must electronically “approve” the Report on Final Examination form via Grad Forms to indicate that the student has successfully defended their final project. After discussion among the committee, the satisfactory/unsatisfactory decision is reached by means of a vote. Each Final Project Committee member must indicate satisfactory performance.
For further information:
Additional information/links can be found in the Student Affairs section of the StudentWeb:
http://studentweb.con.ohio-state.edu > Student Affairs > DNP Documents & Resources