- The Professional Examination occurs after a majority of the program coursework is completed and/or prior to enrollment in the final semester of the DNP program.
- Students must be enrolled in a minimum of 3 credit hours in the term which the Professional Exam is completed.
- The Professional Exam must be completed by the last day of regular classes for the term, as dictated by the Academic Calendar. All Professional Exams must be completed by the last day of autumn semester classes for a student to progress towards graduation at the end of spring semester.
- Students who do not successfully complete the Professional Exam by the end of autumn semester cannot graduate at the end of spring semester and their time to degree will be extended.
- Students who plan to take the Professional Examination during summer are responsible for making certain that committee members are available.
- Students are not permitted to complete the Professional Examination in the same term as when the Final Project is defended.
Click here to view a Professional Examination timeline.