2022 Tri-state CSA Conference Thinking Inside the Box Registration is open!
We are excited to have Corrina Bench, co-founder of Shared Legacy Farm and founder of MyDigitalFarmer.com as our featured farmer! If you would like more information about this collaborative effort between OSU, Purdue, MSU, and USDA SARE please visit go.osu.edu/csa.
CSA Conference Agenda
We are happy to announce that OSU Extension, SNAP-Ed & the Clermont DD will be partnering again for another round of classes starting October 11, 2022.
These classes are available for all participants from the Clermont County Board of Developmental Disabilities. To sign up for this FREE class, email Becky at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This fall, Teen Leadership Council will be hosting a virtual Achievement Form Workshop for 4-H members statewide! The Achievement form is the gateway to county, state, and national 4-H awards, trips and opportunities.
- October 2, 2022 (6:30-8:00 p.m. on Zoom): An informational session will be held, providing a basic overview of the Achievement Form, giving introductory tips for completion, and sharing about potential opportunities available to members who complete and submit their forms.
- Must register at https://go.osu.edu/AchForm2022 by September 30 to receive Zoom information for the workshop.
- This session will be recorded for those who cannot attend in live-time.
More information can also be found at go.osu.edu/TLC.
We value our 4-H volunteers and invite them to attend the 2022 Recognition Banquet hosted by the Clermont County 4-H Committee. The dinner will be held on Friday, November 4, at 6:30 p.m. in the Multi-Purpose Building, located on the Clermont County Fairgrounds. RSVP to OSU Extension 513-732-7070 or email@example.com by Monday, October 24.
Five new articles have been posted in this week’s issue number 1312 of the Ohio BEEF Cattle letter: http://u.osu.edu/beef/
This time of year, “pasture walks” are an opportunity to explore what others are successfully doing with their forage management system. This week Christine Gelley shares some key points that were discussed in a recent ‘walk’ in Noble County.
Articles this week include:
- Fall Grazing Guidance
- Nutritional Strategies for Receiving and Feeding Early-Weaned Calves
- What is this new tick disease?
- Feed Price Implications for Fall
- Feeder Markets
- 2022 Lamb and Wine Field Night
- Dr. Brady Campbell, Assistant Professor, OSU State Small Ruminant Extension Specialist Christine Gelley, OSU Extension Educator ANR, Noble County Dr. Maria Smith, Viticulture Outreach Specialist Read more about 2022 Lamb and Wine Field Night
- Forage and Grazing Lambs
- 2022 Organic Farming Conference
- Organic Farming Conference Committee The Seventh Organic Farming Conference will be held at The Event Center in Mt. Hope, Ohio on November 10 & 11, Read more about 2022 Organic Farming Conference
Tractor Supply Company (TSC) will once again partner with Ohio 4-H to feature the Paper Clover fundraiser. The campaign will run Oct. 5–16, and you can show your support by purchasing a paper clover at the Batavia and Milford stores or adding a donation at checkout for all orders made at tractorsupply.com.
Since 2010, TSC’s annual Paper Clover fundraiser has helped raise more than $18 million for 4-H programs across the country, and more than $400,000 has been raised for Ohio 4-H in the past five years alone. One hundred percent of the proceeds from these fundraisers goes back to 4-H, with 90% of the donations going directly to supporting 4-H youth in the state where the paper clover was purchased and the remaining 10% supporting 4-H programming at the national level.
For additional details, visit tractorsupply.com/
Start gathering your 2022 4-H photos and get ready to celebrate National 4-H Week! National 4-H Week is scheduled for October 2-8. Clermont County 4-H will be celebrating with a photo contest, showcasing the incredible experiences 4-H offers young people. Share a different photo(s) each day of the week with #Clermont4-H for a chance to win daily prizes! Themes are as follows:
- Monday, October 3 – Leadership
- Tuesday, October 4 – 4-H Camps/Trips
- Wednesday, October 5 – Opportunity for All
- Thursday, October 6 – 4-H Alumni
- Friday, October 7 – Clermont County Fair
All photos must be Clermont County 4-H photos from 2022; except for Thursday, which should be 4-H related photos shared by previous 4-H members. A winner will be chosen each day and winning photos will be shared on social media for fans to vote on the grand prize winner!
Did you know yellow grove bamboo is on Ohio’s “noxious weeds” list? We’ve seen an increase in legal questions about bamboo, a plant that can cross property boundaries pretty quickly and create a neighbor dispute. Weeds often cause neighbor issues, which is why Ohio has a set of noxious weed laws. The laws aim to […]
Read more of this post
When going through the estate planning process, determining and implementing the terms and conditions of the will or trust consume the most time. However, some thought and consideration should be given to the Power of Attorney (POA) documents that are typically completed at the same time as the will or trust. The POA documents designate who may act on behalf of someone who is alive but unable to act for themselves. These documents are very important, especially for those people who are operating farms and businesses. Read more here…
Are you looking for a new way to become involved with the Clermont County 4-H program? The Clermont County 4-H Advisory Committee is accepting nominations for members to serve the 2023-2025 term. In order to add a youth voice to the committee, youth nominations are also being accepted. Youth must be at least 15 years of age and will serve a one year term on the committee. Members of the 4-H Committee assist in determining the priorities and direction of the local 4-H program, are responsible for planning and conducting 4-H events, assisting with fundraisers, and promoting the 4-H program. Members over 18 years of age must be approved 4-H volunteers or agree to complete the 4-H volunteer process. If you would like to nominate yourself or someone you know to serve on the committee, please complete the nomination form below before Monday, October 3.
Clermont County 4-H Advisory Committee Nomination Form