Whether you shop for local meat, raise livestock, operate a slaughterhouse, or create value-added products, the meat processing bottleneck affects you!
The project Planning To Advance Mobile Meat Slaughter and Processing in Ohio and Central Appalachia, conducted by The Appalachian Center for Economic Networks, Inc. (ACEnet) and project consultants, aims to draft and support a plan for a possible solution.
Will you commit ten minutes of your time to share your values and needs in a short survey?
We want to hear from as many farmers, processors, and consumers in the Ohio and Central Appalachian region as we can and appreciate any feedback.
Start the survey: https://corexmsffsgb599k6k6d.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_2iwNa7YVbJjpRtA
- Weather outlook with Dr. Aaron Wilson
- Visit the new Maplecrest Meats & More in Hillsboro to learn about locally sourced meat products with Joanie Grimes, Andrea Holt, and Lindsey Hall.
- Get tips for a championship lawn at Snow Hill Country Club from Dave Miller
- Learn about Equine studies at Wilmington College with Daren Wright, Stephanie McConnell, Savannah Cool and Myckala Geisler
While I am excited about opportunities that await my future, it is with sadness that I say good-bye. My final day with OSU Extension will be Friday, May 28. Until then, I am working limited hours wrapping up programming and projects that I have scheduled. I have resumed working for the Anderson Area Chamber of Commerce as the Director of Member Services, a position I held for 12 years before coming to Extension.
Thank you for the warm welcome during my time in Clermont County. I will cherish the many friendships I’ve made along the way. I’ve enjoyed working with, and learning from all of you; it has been a pleasure! Thank you for letting me be part of the journey.
Thank you for all the experiences and wonderful memories!
In this week’s episode of the Southern Ohio Farm Show, we have an updated weather outlook with Dr. Aaron Wilson, and tax and succession planning with Richard Purdin. Tune in next week for another new episode!
This week on the Southern Ohio Farm Show we are joined by Dr. Tim McDermott for gardening tips, Dave Apsley helps us identify the pitch pine, information on sustainability, and supplementing beef cattle during the winter with Richard Purdin. Tune in next week for another new episode! Watch Here
Join the Caregiver Support Network for two FREE webinars on
RESPITE! RESPITE? RESPITE….
Wednesday February 17 – online via Zoom
10 am: Respite and Caregiver needs: Creating your respite plan
2 pm: Sharing respite experiences and resources: Where do I start?
Who should attend:
- Family members caring for an adult or senior with chronic illness or disability
- Adult children concerned about aging parents
- Parents caring for adult children with disabilities
- Long term workers: assisted living facility, adult family home or home care agency staff
- Social service, adult day service or mental health professionals who work with family caregivers
Contact: Laura Akgerman at 614-292-0622 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Webinar preview: Health Aging Telecast video https://go.osu.edu/healthyagingtelecastrespiteworkshop
Attendees seeking an accommodation to participate in the webinar are encouraged to contact Laura Akgerman at email@example.com early as possible, and in advance of the event to request accommodations. The webinar will be auto-captioned, recorded and posted at https://agrability.osu.edu/caregiver-support-network/caregiver-resource-videos
This week’s episode is all about the Super Bowl. If you like football, you will find this episode to be really interesting. We learn about sports turf management and how the footballs are made in Ohio. Watch Here