On Wednesday, July 28th Clermont County 4-H and Clermont County 4-H Educator, Kelly Royalty hosted a Cloverbud Show and Tell Day for all the Clermont County Cloverbuds to participate in. Cloverbuds picked a topic or an item to show and tell about in their groups. At the closing of the Cloverbud Show and Tell program, all Cloverbuds in attendance were announced and presented with a 4-H Cloverbuds bag for completion. Thank you to all the Clermont County Fair Royalty and 4-H Volunteers that helped with our 2021 Clermont County Fair Cloverbud Day!
In honor of the Mars Rover, this year Cloverbuds will be going to space with the challenge happening on Mars. Cloverbuds will design a place to live on the Red Planet and create a model featuring their method of transportation. The Challenge will take place virtually on Monday, July 12 or Thursday, July 22 from 6:30 – 8:30 p.m. We will be utilizing breakout rooms in ZOOM so that teams will have the opportunity to share their projects. With help from the Ohio 4-H Foundation, teams can order a kit to get them started.
With the new restrictions on programming, the Ohio 4-H Cloverbot Challenge will allow for all Cloverbuds to participate individually instead of as a team/club – no registration required. Individual Cloverbuds can construct their models with LEGO’s or whatever kind of interlocking blocks they have available. Then they can send a picture to be displayed in a virtual gallery on the state 4-H website. A certificate will also be emailed to each participant. The deadline is June 13, 2020.
Here’s how it will work:
- All Cloverbuds are welcome to participate.
- No registration is required.
- The theme remains the same: On the Move. Read the Challenge details at the link below for more information, BUT…no poster is required!
- Create your model out of interlocking bricks (e.g., Mega Bloks, LEGOs) and take a photo.
- Send your photo to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com with your NAME, COUNTY and one sentence describing your model. Only the Cloverbud’s first name will be displayed.
- Deadline is June 13.
- Photos will be uploaded weekly to an online gallery on ohio4h.org
- Cloverbuds will receive a certificate of participation to the email sent for submission
This year’s Cloverbot Challenge is On the Move! It’s all about transportation and the ways in which people and things get where they are going.
The 4-H Cloverbot Challenge is a statewide event designed just for our youngest 4-H’ers. Teams work together to research a topic, build a model out of interlocking bricks and create a poster highlighting their experience. On June 29, the teams will come together at the Nationwide & Ohio Farm Bureau 4-H Center to share their work, visit with one another, participate in kid-friendly activities, and celebrate their efforts with a closing celebration and award ceremony.
Register your Cloverbot team by May 1. Teams may have a minimum of two members, but no more than eight, and are coached by an adult team leader. Details and registration information can be found at https://ohio4h.org/families/cloverbuds/cloverbot-challenge