- Changes to Qualtrics
- Survey Accessibility
- Requesting an exception for research
- To request an exception for teaching or administrative purposes, contact Jay Johnson (.1043), Associate Director of Institutional Research and Planning.
David Merriman presented a virtual workshop on Friday, November 6, in which participants learned a few tips and tricks in Qualtrics, Ohio State’s new survey system. David has become a Qualtrics pro while working with this versatile and easy-to-use survey tool. He’ll share a few of the truly useful things faculty and staff often ask about, like how to create a scored quiz, email responses to survey creators and survey respondents, insert a customized banner for a survey, and prepare a survey to meet IRB requirements. View a recording of his presentation if you missed it the first time around.
Are you preparing a survey for data collection that needs IRB approval? Here are a few things to remember:
1. You may want your survey to be anonymized, which means all identifying information including the respondents IP address will be removed from the survey. View some simple directions for anonymzing your survey.
2. The IRB may ask you to be sure that your respondents can skip any question they don’t feel comfortable asking (which means any question in your survey). Therefore, you cannot force them to respond before submitting their survey, but to prevent them from skipping a question by accident, you can ask them if they are sure they meant to skip that question by “requesting a response.” Find out how to do that in the Qualtrics documentation.
3. The IRB will want to know what kind of survey system you are using to collect data to confirm that your survey responses are secure and your survey respondents are protected. The College of Nursing has boilerplate language, or a template, to help you describe Qualtrics on your IRB application, and you can find that in the college’s Sharepoint repository.
Do you have questions about Qualtrics and how to use it? Please contact David or any one of the CON-IT team members at CON-IT@osu.edu. We look forward to working with you!
In our first Flash Friday webinar, we covered five simple productivity tools and strategies to streamline your workflow and perhaps even make your everyday life a little easier.
Welcome to Qualtrics! Follow these steps to begin using this new survey tool at OSU. (These instructions are for faculty, staff, and students affiliated with the College of Nursing. If you are affiliated with a different department or college at Ohio State, please contact the technology team in your area to obtain access to Qualtrics.)