Are you (or your students) having issues getting into a Proctorio quiz? Here are some troubleshooting steps to try.
- Make sure Chrome is updated.
- Clear your browser cache. You only need to remove “Cached images and files” and can keep your cookies and history.
- Try removing Proctorio from Chrome and adding it back in.
- Restart your computer.
If that still doesn’t help, try chatting with support via the Proctorio extension in Chrome. More information is at https://proctorio.com/support
Proctorio has been available in Carmen for a few months now. This tool allows for online proctoring of exams with settings that can be adjusted for a variety of scenarios (for example, an open book exam or a group exam). John Pryba and Alice Teall gave a Flash Friday presentation about the tool, including how to enable it in a course, set up a quiz to use it, and how to view reports.
Watch the recording of the presentation and learn more about Proctorio on the ODEE website.
View our 5-17-18 Proctorio Flash “Thursday” presentation.
The Office of Distance Education and eLearning has concluded their search for a remote proctoring tool, and they are now making Proctorio available to all Ohio State faculty, staff, and students for larger, summative, CarmenCanvas-based exams. Proctorio records exam audio and video for review by the instructor after the exam, and it marks segments of the video where the computer algorithm has identified potential academic misconduct behavior.
Proctorio is available now campus-wide to all Ohio State faculty, staff, and students in CarmenCanvas.
If you would like to get started with Proctorio , ODEE has made some initial resources available. They will continue to expand these resources and communications as Proctorio’s formal introduction to campus progresses through the summer term.
- Faculty and Staff Academic Integrity Resources:
- Student Academic Integrity Resources:
- Proctorio Specific Resources:
- Instructor Getting Started Guide
- Suggested Syllabus Language
- In-Person Proctoring Options
- Student Getting Started Guide